Need 4 weed, 6million dollar bust!

Fist_of_ozzy

I smoke marijuana about twice a week now. I get A's and B's and I have one C+ in school. The media is the worst way of portraying marijuana and its effects. I really should have a prescription for it because I have insomnia = Cannot sleep well. I am really skinny and it helps me develop an appeitite.

I'm also in track at my high-school and my track coach is in his mid-late fifties and every year he leads our cross and track team really far, he is one of the best coaches in the state. Last year when I was a freshman (when I started smoking pot) he told us that if you are ever going to smoke anything when you are on this team (not that you should smoke anything) make it marijuana. Cigarettes are way worse for your lungs than marijuana. Cigarettes will kill you, marijuana cannot give you cancer EVER. There are no cases for deaths on marijuana as far as over-dose. It is physically/literally impossiable to die from smoking marijuana, BUT the key word is I said smoking it.

Four words:

Don't

Smoke

And

Drive

Smoking marijuana as you may have heard makes you incredibly lazy, but not to the point where you can't do anything. I know alot of people who smoke and drive that are suprisingly pretty good drivers. Marijuana doesn't make you "evil" either. Smoking pot makes you incredibly non-violent which is why no-one has ever died from it (other than driving).

My point is Marijuana is harmless, unless you're with some-one who can't learn to drive.

DaBulls.jpg

• 3 months later...
I smoke marijuana about twice a week now. I get A's and B's and I have one C+ in school. The media is the worst way of portraying marijuana and its effects. I really should have a prescription for it because I have insomnia = Cannot sleep well. I am really skinny and it helps me develop an appeitite.

I'm also in track at my high-school and my track coach is in his mid-late fifties and every year he leads our cross and track team really far, he is one of the best coaches in the state. Last year when I was a freshman (when I started smoking pot) he told us that if you are ever going to smoke anything when you are on this team (not that you should smoke anything) make it marijuana. Cigarettes are way worse for your lungs than marijuana. Cigarettes will kill you, marijuana cannot give you cancer EVER. There are no cases for deaths on marijuana as far as over-dose. It is physically/literally impossiable to die from smoking marijuana, BUT the key word is I said smoking it.

Four words:

Don't

Smoke

And

Drive

Smoking marijuana as you may have heard makes you incredibly lazy, but not to the point where you can't do anything. I know alot of people who smoke and drive that are suprisingly pretty good drivers. Marijuana doesn't make you "evil" either. Smoking pot makes you incredibly non-violent which is why no-one has ever died from it (other than driving).

My point is Marijuana is harmless, unless you're with some-one who can't learn to drive.

I smoke marijuana as well. Not sure where you got your facts but some of them are a little off.

-Marijuana can cause cancer or other respiratory illnesses but that is true of smoking almost anything.

-Marijuana may actually be worse on your lungs than cigarettes, however marijuana is not generally smoked as much as cigarettes (let's hope you're not smoking that much)

-Smoking marijuana does not make you non-violent. After being with a variety of people while they smoked, I noticed it generally amplifies their normal personalities. I'm extremely laid back, I could care less what happens when I'm high. I have a friend who's very aggressive and tends to get into fights, and he tries to pick more fights when he's high.

-Right, marijuana does make you "lazy". But a lot depends on the strain. I don't remember the strains but of the 2 main strains:

-one will give you a "stone" feeling and couch-lock.

-the other will give you a " head high" feeling and you'll still be able to do most normal things with a little difficulty.

I will say I like the mention of not driving and smoking. I have never and will never smoke and drive. I have friends who do it and I generally won't smoke with them unless we're staying where we smoke because it's just not worth the risk of driving.

Unfortunately my area is pretty dry of marijuana at the moment. A week or 2 ago there were 2 big busts. One was 100+ pounds and the other was 40+ pounds. All that I can find around here is dro and I'm not willing to pay $30/gram. >.<

+1 marijuana smokers.

-Smoking marijuana can cause cancer; this harm is shown to be greatly reduced by using a water bong, and completely eliminated by baking it into food for om nom nom pot munchies.

-Personally, marijuana motivates me to do work. My grades at school this term are up, because I started smoking marijuana a few months ago.

-Driving while high isn't nearly as bad as driving while drunk. Marijuana makes you paranoid - you drive slower and more carefully. It's still not a good idea, but it's not 'OMG WAT NO DON'T DO DAT'.

$8/gram. And I built a gravity bong over the weekend, so one gram goes a looong way. =D

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

+1 marijuana smokers.

-Smoking marijuana can cause cancer; this harm is shown to be greatly reduced by using a water bong, and completely eliminated by baking it into food for om nom nom pot munchies.

-Personally, marijuana motivates me to do work. My grades at school this term are up, because I started smoking marijuana a few months ago.

-Driving while high isn't nearly as bad as driving while drunk. Marijuana makes you paranoid - you drive slower and more carefully. It's still not a good idea, but it's not 'OMG WAT NO DON'T DO DAT'.

$8/gram. And I built a gravity bong over the weekend, so one gram goes a looong way. =D

Yeah bongs and food are definitly more healthy ways of using marijuana. I've only used it in food once but the high lasted a lot longer than smoking it.

I agree with you in terms of work. My grades are way up since I started smoking. I guess I want to be the total opposite of what the gov't thinks we all should be.

But I don't know so much about driving. I usually can't concentrate on something for very long when I'm high and appearently neither can my friends because I rode with him once and after he was driving in the wrong lane for a few minutes I had to tell him to get back over or he would have stayed there until a cop saw him lol >.<

I don't remember the strains but of the 2 main strains

Sativa is generally said to get you "high," while indica is said to get you "stoned."

Smoking marijuana can cause cancer; this harm is shown to be greatly reduced by using a water bong

Is there any actual evidence to support either of those claims?

When cannabis is eaten, the effects are much different. Eating cannabis is not a good substitute for smoking it. When eaten, the effects take about an hour to "kick in" and the resulting high, which is often very strong, continues for many hours. Many consider it a much more "psychedelic" experience, and the risk of having a bad trip becomes more serious (set and setting should be taken into consideration).

If you wish to get a normal high without the toxins and tars of smoked cannabis, use a vaporizer. Vaporizers have shown to be "safe and effective."

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7240

I don't remember the strains but of the 2 main strains

Sativa is generally said to get you "high," while indica is said to get you "stoned."

Smoking marijuana can cause cancer; this harm is shown to be greatly reduced by using a water bong

Is there any actual evidence to support either of those claims?

When cannabis is eaten, the effects are much different. Eating cannabis is not a good substitute for smoking it. When eaten, the effects take about an hour to "kick in" and the resulting high, which is often very strong, continues for many hours. Many consider it a much more "psychedelic" experience, and the risk of having a bad trip becomes more serious (set and setting should be taken into consideration).

If you wish to get a normal high without the toxins and tars of smoked cannabis, use a vaporizer. Vaporizers have shown to be "safe and effective."

http://norml.org/index.cfm?Group_ID=7240

You quoted me wrong. God damn, my name is Blipo. Deloria's quote is rather anecdotal, as 'high' and 'stoned' are highly subjective terms. However, it's true that sativa and indica have very different effects. And yes, there is proof of water bongs reducing undesired substances in marijuana smoke. I'm not gonna bother finding it, but it's there if you want to look. Here's a simple way of proving it, though: Drink bong water. =D

Smoking marijuana causes a high that lasts hours, too. But yeah, pot brownies do have a longer effect. The risk of having a bad trip is the same, however - the reason so many people have bad experiences is over-consumption. If you smoke marijuana, the effects are felt quickly, and you can judge when to stop. It takes around an hour for ingested marijuana to affect you, and if you eat too much, you'll have a nasty trip.

THC vapourizes at 200 °C. While this is a lower temperature than marijuana's combustion point, 200 °C isn't the best thing you can do to your lungs. Plus, I like my gravity bong. <3

I really should have a prescription for it because I have insomnia = Cannot sleep well. I am really skinny and it helps me develop an appeitite.

No, that's ridiculous. There are other ways to develop an appetite and sleep better. Sports or physical activities for example can solve both those problems (they do for me).

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

I really should have a prescription for it because I have insomnia = Cannot sleep well. I am really skinny and it helps me develop an appeitite.

No, that's ridiculous. There are other ways to develop an appetite and sleep better. Sports or physical activities for example can solve both those problems (they do for me).

Not everything works for all people, not to mention some people could be even incapable of sport/physical activities if they're in a wheelchair, very overweight, heart problems, etc...

Doctors in the USA have already accepted marijuana as a medical plant and several states offer medical marijuana programs (MMP) which are sponsored by the federal government.

Can you say....TAI-BO?! Really an interesting workout. And all the ladies in each video....

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Bongs may help reduce certain gases, but at this point it seems a little premature to say that they reduce the harm in smoking.

Marijuana Water Pipe and Vaporizer Study[/url]":1raq41yu]The performance of each device was accordingly rated in terms of the cannabinoid-to-tar ratio in its smokestream.

Surprisingly, the unfiltered joint outperformed all devices except the vaporizers. ... Disappointingly, waterpipes performed uniformly worse than the unfiltered joint. The least bad waterpipe, the bong, produced 30% more tar per cannabinoids than the unfiltered joint. ... This suggests that water filtration is actually counterproductive, apparently because water tends to absorb THC more readily than noxious tars.

... In the meantime, the easiest way for most smokers to avoid harmful smoke toxins may be simply to smoke stronger pot.

The vapour is not 200°C as it enters the lungs -- and although a bit of heat may not be great, it certainly is better than carcinogenic tar.

PS: Eating cannabis results in a more psychoactive high. No components are lost in a smokestream, and the liver converts the THC into a more psychoactive compound (11-hydroxy-THC). This results in a more "psychedelic" experience for many, and the risk of bad trips becomes more of an issue. (Coupled with unnecessarily high doses, no doubt.)

Ha, reminds me of a guy I know that's been on drugs for years, with pot being the drug he started with. Of course now he does ecstacy, pills, and cocaine among other things. The weird thing is, he's really intelligent and one would never know that he does drugs by looking at him or talking to him.

I just have a couple of questions, what effect does smoking weed have to do with driving? Do you know of a study that proves that smoking weed doesn't cause cancer, and that cigarettes are worse for your longs when smoking weed? What makes your high school's track coach a creditable source?

I am neither for or against smoking weed, its just sounds like your trying to justify smoking to yourself.

tFtfA.jpg

Tobacco smoking has well-established risks such as bronchitis, coughing, overproduction of mucus,wheezing and addiction. Similar risks for smoking cannabis related to airway inflammation have been suggested in a study of healthy cannabis users who exhibited similar early characteristics to tobacco smoking.

The effects of tobacco and cannabis smoking differ, however, as they affect different parts of the respiratory tract: whereas tobacco tends to penetrate to the smaller, peripheral passageways of the lungs, cannabis tends to concentrate on the larger, central passageways. One consequence of this is that cannabis, unlike tobacco, does not appear to cause emphysema, though this claim is disputed. A 2002 report by the British Lung Foundation estimated that three to four cannabis cigarettes a day were associated with the same amount of damage to the lungs as 20 or more tobacco cigarettes a day. Unlike tobacco, regular cannabis use does not appear to cause chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

Cannabis smoke contains numerous carcinogens. In 2008 a study was released by the Medical Research Institute of New Zealand which showed that smoking cannabis increased the risk of lung cancer by 5.7 times over non-smokers. The 79 person study noted that "In the near future we may see an 'epidemic' of lung cancers connected with this new carcinogen. And the future risk probably applies to many other countries, where increasing use of cannabis among young adults and adolescents is becoming a major public health problem."

A previous study published in 2006 by Donald Tashkin of the University of California, Los Angeles had concluded there is no link between smoking cannabis and lung cancer.

A study published in 2006 on a large population sample (1,200 people with lung, neck, or head cancer, and a matching group of 1,040 without cancer) failed to positively correlate a lung cancer risk. The results indicated a slight negative correlation between long and short-term cannabis use and cancer, suggesting a possible therapeutic effect. Cellular studies and even some studies in animal models suggest that THC has antitumor properties, either by encouraging programmed cell death of genetically damaged cells that can become cancerous, or by restricting the development of the blood supply that feeds tumors.

Prior, a 1997 study examining the records of 64,855 Kaiser patients (14,033 of whom identified themselves as current smokers), also found no positive correlation between cannabis use and cancer.

A Research Triangle Institute study concluded that THC, a dilative agent, may help cleanse the lungs by dilating the bronchi, and could actively reduce the instance of tumors. Additionally, a study by Rosenblatt et al. found no association between marijuana use and the development of head and neck squamous cell carcinoma. However, a contrasting 2000 study linked the smoking of cannabis to the growth of cancerous tumors through the impairment of anti-tumor defenses.

What with it being illegal and all, it's kinda hard to do effective studies on its effects.

just to say I absouletly, positively do not smoke that stuff and never will. For one thing no matter what you say that it doesn't harm your body or your life, I can name a whole lot more how it does. Like for example say your're going for a job interview and you smell like weed one scenario is that he'll run out of there as fast as you can say bannana monkey. Or he will just tell you to leave his offices immediately no further questions asked. Also as you have all heard it is illegal. And may I rephrase that word: ILLEGAL!!!. Enough said. And I am a firm believer of not violating your body in any ways from smoking weed or crack to body peirceings. One more thing, there are some younger children who browse this forum and it's easy as reading a few sentences and then getting hooked on it. But Iwill not interfere with this anymore if you truly made up your minds to do this to yourself.

Music_In_Me4 Formally known as hsuth111 on TIF. The jerk who wiped out the boards can never stop us from being the most imaginative and creative people we all are.

just to say I absouletly, positively do not smoke that stuff and never will. For one thing no matter what you say that it doesn't harm your body or your life, I can name a whole lot more how it does. Like for example say your're going for a job interview and you smell like weed one scenario is that he'll run out of there as fast as you can say bannana monkey. Or he will just tell you to leave his offices immediately no further questions asked. Also as you have all heard it is illegal. And may I rephrase that word: ILLEGAL!!!. Enough said. And I am a firm believer of not violating your body in any ways from smoking weed or crack to body peirceings. One more thing, there are some younger children who browse this forum and it's easy as reading a few sentences and then getting hooked on it. But Iwill not interfere with this anymore if you truly made up your minds to do this to yourself.

1. Spelling

2. Grammar

3. Paragraph breaks

4. Spelling

Like, who gets high right before going to a job interview? Also, as you may have heard, liking with our style of government, laws regarding illegal substances can be repealed. Thank God for democracy. Let me rephrase: It used to be illegal to drink alcohol. Also, you don't rephrase something by restating it, bold capital letters with triple exclamation marks or not.

How is marijuana a violation of one's body? Additionally, are you against girls with pierced ears? Any other body piercing is just an extension of that. And crack cocaine is on a completely separate level, so don't try that. Cocaine is addictive, and physically harms the body. And, kids as young as five are having anti-drug propaganda shoved down their throats daily. If they object, or try to bring up pro-cannabis ideas, they are either lied to outright or removed from the class, so as to prevent the idea spreading to other classmates. What's wrong with said kids hearing the other side of the issue in a setting where they're free to debate it as they wish? But, I won't interfere if you're truely dedicated to blindly accepting what you've been told by your teachers.

1. Spelling

2. Grammar

3. Paragraph breaks

4. Spelling

Like, who gets high right before going to a job interview? Also, as you may have heard, liking with our style of government, laws regarding illegal substances can be repealed. Thank God for democracy. Let me rephrase: It used to be illegal to drink alcohol. Also, you don't rephrase something by restating it, bold capital letters with triple exclamation marks or not.

How is marijuana a violation of one's body? Additionally, are you against girls with pierced ears? Any other body piercing is just an extension of that. And crack cocaine is on a completely separate level, so don't try that. Cocaine is addictive, and physically harms the body. And, kids as young as five are having anti-drug propaganda shoved down their throats daily. If they object, or try to bring up pro-cannabis ideas, they are either lied to outright or removed from the class, so as to prevent the idea spreading to other classmates. What's wrong with said kids hearing the other side of the issue in a setting where they're free to debate it as they wish? But, I won't interfere if you're truely dedicated to blindly accepting what you've been told by your teachers.

Ermmm if you smoke that anyways you still have that smell no matter what(trust me my mom used to smoke cigarettes and she smelled awful even after a shower). Also I'm talking pierceings other than your ears. Like belly rings, tongue bolts, lips rings, etc. No matter what you still say about marijuana is still harmful to your body and even if those little kids do have those drug programs and all they can still get to the point of wanting to try it. But anyways I'm tired of fighting with the crackheads of this society and want to make a stop to this. But like it or not I will not let anyone, I mean ANYONE be influenced by you people.

Music_In_Me4 Formally known as hsuth111 on TIF. The jerk who wiped out the boards can never stop us from being the most imaginative and creative people we all are.

Government experts now admit that pot doesn't kill brain cells.(8) This myth came from a handful of animal experiments in which structural changes (not actual cell death, as is often alleged) were observed in brain cells of animals exposed to high doses of pot. Many critics still cite the notorious monkey studies of Dr. Robert G. Heath, which purported to find brain damage in three monkeys that had been heavily dosed with cannabis.(9) This work was never replicated and has since been discredited by a pair of better controlled, much larger monkey studies, one by Dr. William Slikker of the National Center for Toxicological Research(10) and the other by Charles Rebert and Gordon Pryor of SRI International.(11) Neither found any evidence of physical alteration in the brains of monkeys exposed to daily doses of pot for up to a year. Human studies of heavy users in Jamaica and Costa Rica found no evidence of abnormalities in brain physiology.(12) Even though there is no evidence that pot causes permanent brain damage, users should be aware that persistent deficits in short-term memory have been noted in chronic, heavy marijuana smokers after 6 to 12 weeks of abstinence.(13) It is worth noting that other drugs, including alcohol, are known to cause brain damage.

#8 Dr. Christine Hartel, Acting Director of Research, National Institute of Drug Abuse, cited by the State of Hawaii Dept of Health, Alcohol and Drug Abuse Division in memo of Feb. 4, 1994.

#9 For an overview, see NAS Report, op. cit., pp. 81-2. R.G. Heath et al, Cannabis sativa: effects on brain function and ultrastructure in Rhesus monkeys, Biol. Psychiatry 15: 657-90 (1980).

#10 William Slikker et al., Chronic Marijuana Smoke Exposure in the Rhesus Monkey, Fundamental and Applied Toxicology 17: 321-32 (1991).

#11 Charles Rebert & Gordon Pryor - Chronic Inhalation of Marijuana Smoke and Brain Electrophysiology of Rhesus Monkeys, International Journal of Psychophysiology V 14, p.144, 1993.

#12 NAS Report, pp. 82-7.

#13 Cannabis and Memory Loss, (editorial) British Journal of Addiction 86: 249-52 (1991)

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.