Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Slayer points

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

kemikalkadet
[ Display Name History ]

kemikalkadet

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Kemikalkadet

Just getting confirmation - canceling/removing tasks does NOT reset your count correct?

ONLY Burthorping does?

Yeah you're right. I cancelled a 73 steels task yesterday. It works out way better in the long run

when you make it to the 50 task bonus. Although steels are the first on the list to be blacklisted for me :P
Posted Image
Posted Image

Trollface
[ Display Name History ]

Trollface

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 360 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:RandallFlagg
  • Clan:DGS
16 tasks done for me, 14 more till mask =P

Lol, my post count got reset to 0 >.>

Bladewing
[ Display Name History ]

Bladewing

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,072 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Stringcheze
Chaeldar, the master I used, got owned task-wise with this update. But Sumona apparently has most of the good tasks, so I'm using her for a while.

Great update, gonna like slayer again :P

+ The new slayer 'girl' is great!

(now I have to look for an alternative summoning route though,

because I placed my house in the dessert :P )

A bit off-topic, but I find that using the balloons to taverly and banking at CW is faster than using house method. Although it only works if you're under a certain weight (40kg maybe?)

mackish
[ Display Name History ]

mackish

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:debian
  • RSN2:mackish
I've done 14 tasks, got a few points. I want to be able to make those slayer rings.

Sumona is a girl? Damn.... 'she' looks like a guy. :shock: :shock:

Commandr_die
[ Display Name History ]

Commandr_die

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • RSN:Commandr
  • Clan:SST
I haven't been slaying much, but for me the points are a side effect. I'm not going for the helm, though that would be nice, so all I'm doing is slaying regularly at Duradel.
What.

boatracer22
[ Display Name History ]

boatracer22

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 216 posts
  • RSN:groeschen1
  • Clan:none
only on task 3 since update. What do slayer rings do anyway i know what mask does but not rings. Anyone care to enlighten.
Yeah I can't spell get over it!

mackish
[ Display Name History ]

mackish

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • RSN:debian
  • RSN2:mackish

Chaeldar, the master I used, got owned task-wise with this update. But Sumona apparently has most of the good tasks, so I'm using her for a while.

Great update, gonna like slayer again :P

+ The new slayer 'girl' is great!

(now I have to look for an alternative summoning route though,

because I placed my house in the desert :P )

A bit off-topic, but I find that using the balloons to taverly and banking at CW is faster than using house method. Although it only works if you're under a certain weight (40kg maybe?)

Yes ,you need to be under 40kg. But it's not the fastest. I still like Duradel the best though.

Edit: To the post above ^^

The slayer ring teleports you to certain places pertaining to slayer. Such as the Slayer Tower, Slayer Dungeon, Sumona, ect...

mpg321
[ Display Name History ]

mpg321

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 475 posts
Anyone know what is necessary to make the slayer ring once you've obtained enough points to buy the ability to craft it

kill2pleasure
[ Display Name History ]

kill2pleasure

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • RSN:Killer3650
  • Clan:Aod
I told myself i will never burthrope another Task!

i am 3 more assignments from mask!!!

I wanna makes the rings as well
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Home World: 99
Irc-Chat: #Aod

psvstef
[ Display Name History ]

psvstef

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,313 posts

Anyone know what is necessary to make the slayer ring once you've obtained enough points to buy the ability to craft it

gold bar ,enchanted gem(normall slayer gem) and ring mould.
Posted Image

BabyPunchers
[ Display Name History ]

BabyPunchers

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,084 posts
  • RSN:BabyPunchers
Currently on task 9.

I used the Canafis Master for 1-4 then duraedal till now. I had 4(!!) Black dragon tasks in a row. Just killed the babies. Relatively fast. Currently owning hellhounds.

First on my list is blacklisting tasks though. I lasted to 85 slayer without this mask, i can do without it for the time being.
Posted Image
Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

mpg321
[ Display Name History ]

mpg321

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 475 posts

gold bar ,enchanted gem(normall slayer gem) and ring mould.

Interesting how much xp?

jessy87
[ Display Name History ]

jessy87

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,419 posts
incase anyone is wondering the slayer helmet has almost exact same stas as a rune full helmet.

I say almost because, the summoning deffense and attack negatives i am not certain if they are the same. the melee def are equal tho.

RyderJ
[ Display Name History ]

RyderJ

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 578 posts
  • RSN:RyderJ
The thing is, Duradel only gives one task I'd ever Burthorpe now. So I'm just praying I don't get Warped Terrorbirds.

Artemis_42
[ Display Name History ]

Artemis_42

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 654 posts
  • RSN:Artemis 42
This point system is sure good news to me since I'll be starting to train slayer again soon. I can't see myself burthroping any more tasks due to this, since the benefits of these points is so great. Now that we can blacklist some tasks I imagine that things are going to get a lot easier for me.

Personaly I plan on blocking...

Scabarites,

Warped Terrorbirds,

Turoth,

And Kurasks (once I get my sword.)

Does anyone have any better sugestions for what tasks to block?

Interesting how much xp?

I hear that the exp is the same as smithing a normal gold ring (so 15 exp.)

"Those who know nothing, can understand nothing"
- Ansem, Kingdom Hearts

jessy87
[ Display Name History ]

jessy87

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,419 posts

The thing is, Duradel only gives one task I'd ever Burthorpe now. So I'm just praying I don't get Warped Terrorbirds.

i dont like black demons, iron steel mith dragons are all... well I dont like them. Just a matter of preference, but this update amazes me.

Great_one
[ Display Name History ]

Great_one

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,704 posts
  • RSN:Y_z
i love sumona as a master. the shilo one was a bit to hard for me even at 108 combat and sumona is a good alternative. and in the new dungen you can find most of the tasks she gives, or in the smoke dungen like one min. away
Posted Image

Krampell
[ Display Name History ]

Krampell

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,306 posts
  • RSN:Krampell
  • RSN2:Echo Toast
I just got the Slayer helm, but I realy don't know if this is gonna stop me skipping tasks, because i reached my goal.

And I dont feel like doing some annoying tasks, but I still got a 100 points left that I can use to ignore a task.

Proud owner of the following skillcapes: Defence, Hitpoints, Strength, Attack, Magic, Summoning, Ranged, Slayer, Prayer and Herblore.
I drift in and out, trying some update that interests me.

Soma2035
[ Display Name History ]

Soma2035

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,440 posts
The Slayer Helmet is slightly overrated, in my opinion. It gives you the bonuses of:

- [bleep]y Helmet

First of all, you don't even need a helmet to go to ToG, thanks to the 2 step skip. Second, who kills these anyways? They give good XP but have horrid drops, and come in low amounts.

- Nose Peg

No benefit, because Salve (E) has a higher bonus than Black Mask, and works on Aberrant Spectres. They do not stack, so the Salve E will take effect, and you might as well be wearing a normal nosepeg.

- Earmuffs

No benefit, for the same reason as Nose Peg. Also, the fact that unless you're going to the new slayer dungeon, Banshees have a whopping 22 HP, and the attack and strength bonus does very little.

- Facemask

The only real benefit IMO. However, most people kill dust devils either for charms or camping for Dragon Chains. The mask has no benefit when you're not slaying. Also, it doesn't benefit range... which is still a problem I'm amazed Jagex hasn't fixed. Why doesn't Black Mask give range a +15% boost?

I might still get it one day just so I can save space in bank while keeping all of these different items, but it's honestly not as good as it's hyped up to be...

sweety6556
[ Display Name History ]

sweety6556

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 233 posts
  • RSN:Ekkyklema
  • RSN2:Beephoria
i'm finding the rewards outweighing the annoying tasks. still hate metal dragons though. that's the first one i'm going to cancel.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users