Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Slayer points

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

daigotsu
[ Display Name History ]

daigotsu

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 122 posts

Personaly I plan on blocking...

Scabarites,

Warped Terrorbirds,

Turoth,

And Kurasks (once I get my sword.)

Does anyone have any better sugestions for what tasks to block?

Warped Terrorbirds are top of my list to erase. Scabarites aren't bad if you use the small peninsula outside (the desert at the far northeast of the swamp); there are no mages there to really mess you up.

Kurasks are worth another look, as they drop broad arrow heads and unfinished broad bolts, plus lesser amounts of the finished arrows and bolts, as well as the occasional super strength potion. Also, they now drop noted pineapple as well as unnoted, and their new rare drop is a leaf-bladed sword, which I imagine is a much faster melee weapon which can be used with a shield. I had a kurask task last night and got 4 rune longswords and 2 addy kiteshields, plus lots of the broad arrow/bolt stuff.

Turoths, don't know if/how their drops have changed but I imagine it is similar. I am waiting for a turoth assignment to go kill the boss and check out the multi area in the desert slayer dungeon.

My blacklist will be based on difficulty of monster versus drop list, where difficulty includes things like how long it takes to get to them, and how easy it is to kill many in a row. Jungle horrors are therefore high on my list, as it takes too much running around to kill lots of them, and their drops are pathetic. Mutated zygomites were on my list for similar, but I realized they are assigned by Chaeldar, and I don't mind a short task by Zanaris in Zanaris. Kalphites are obnoxious, even though they are cannonable, so I might rid myself of them once and for all. And possibly Suqahs, since I don't like going to Lunar Isle for slaying something with no drops worth mentioning.

Currently using Chaeldar for my 11-19 tasks (hoping for Lesser Demons to go solo Kril); back to Duradel on the 10s. Blue Dragons -- great task, but difficult to avoid the crowds.

D
2009 Member Goals: Undetermined

fakeitormakeit
[ Display Name History ]

fakeitormakeit

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,269 posts
  • RSN:kaisershami
  • Clan:pmtorecruit
Haven't bougth anything with points yet, I think I have only 36 anyway.

(btw anyone else get the leaf-blade sword? Love it compared to the stupid spear!)

fencejummper
[ Display Name History ]

fencejummper

Spider Egg

• Members
  • 61 posts
I wish it cost less to skip a task, oh well.

Plan on blacklisting

Steels

Terrorbirds

Kuransks

and still figuring last one.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Attack Cape
Quest Cape

Stilev
[ Display Name History ]

Stilev

King of Hearts

• Members
  • 2,795 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Stilev
i kinna like how your forced to do slayer tasks you normally wouldn't becasue we want the points, spices it up
Posted Image

ddaanniiellh
[ Display Name History ]

ddaanniiellh

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,908 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Lil Dan Def
  • RSN2:Ddaanniiellh
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers
If i ever come back around to do this...here would be my top 3.

Warped Terrorbirds

Spiritual Rangers

Maybe Turoths...they seem to drop a good amount of clues, but take too long to kill.

or else Jungle Horrors

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

Aneron
[ Display Name History ]

Aneron

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,782 posts
  • RSN:Aneron
  • Clan:DGS

Warped Terrorbirds

Spiritual Rangers

Maybe Turoths...they seem to drop a good amount of clues, but take too long to kill.

or else Jungle Horrors

~Dan

Warped terrorbirds are good xp, and rune drops pay for p pots used.

Bandos spiritual rangers aren't bad as they are quite weak... only advised if you have bandos armor already though.

Duradel doesn't give turoth anymore.

I'm doing steels/irons for sure, maybe black dragons too as I cba soloing 70 kbds. Not sure.

Outsanity
[ Display Name History ]

Outsanity

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,510 posts
  • RSN:Outsanity
The Slayer Helmet is worth it. Trust me. Anyone who does even an ounce of Slayer needs to get one. Not only is it a black mask combined with all the other slayer head gear, but it has the same stats as a Rune Full Helm, only the Slayer Helmet does not give negative bonuses to Ranged and Magic attack like the Rune Full Helm does, making this a truly amazing piece of armor.

Also, to further explain what someone tried to explain earlier in the thread, but (in my opinion,) didn't really make clear enough:

If you want to earn faster Slayer Points, you can go to the Canifis Slayer Master for ALL tasks EXCEPT for your 10th, 20th, 30th, 40th, 50th, 60th, etc etc. You will earn the Bonuses for those tasks at Duradel's rate. Meaning, you do NOT have to do Tasks 1-9 at Duradel to earn 75 Points on the 10th task, or Tasks 1-49 at Duradel to earn 225 Points on the 50th task. You just need to use Duradel himself on those tasks, and anyone else you wish on the others.

Hope that cleared it up. I currently have 38 Tasks in a row from Duradel. I have the slayer helmet, and I am 1 simple task away from being able to make Slayer Rings. After that I'm putting future points into making Broad Arrows and Bolts.
Posted Image
Posted Image
|2,300+ Total|138 Combat|12 Lvl 99 Skills|99 Slayer|Posted Image

Guthorm
[ Display Name History ]

Guthorm

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,313 posts
  • RSN:The Awesome
  • Clan:Retired but hoping to come back one day
Right now i am slaying nonstop for that slayer helm because of one reason only.... It looks HAWT! Anyway i think this system will revolutize slayer. One of the use of points is exchange 400 pts for 10k slayer exp. Now thats something to focus on. Because maybe it would be faster to level up slayer now by using points instead of actually doing hard slayer tasks.

Range_This11
[ Display Name History ]

Range_This11

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,427 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
If you're training hard, you can easily get 10k xp in an hour...I don't see the point system being a way to level slayer. Maybe once you've done all the other achievables from the slayer master then maybe...

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Aquashock
[ Display Name History ]

Aquashock

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 940 posts
Now i have a reason to slay and get 99 def :P

Going for the mask + ring, then i gotta get 75 craft >.>

So yeah, Blacklisting hellhounds (too crowded) Black demons (slow, crowded) Steel dragons (4 per world, crowded) and gargs (slow)

Everything else is either cannonable or fast, or irons >.>

+ if you slay, you can just skip the task with a small dock in points, seeing as your killing some of the most common tasks, you dont usually get too many combos after blacklisting these. 30 points is only 2 tasks from dura, and you get easy ones like 50 black dragons or 5 miths, which you can do in like 30 minutes.

This actually got me back into slayer >.> go jagex
Posted Image
^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

alcoolj
[ Display Name History ]

alcoolj

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 952 posts
  • RSN:Ivahobo
  • RSN2:Nicealcoolj
Loving this update - with very few quests done, once I blacklist the 4 horrid tasks from Duradel, I will have only fast and awesome tasks to do!

Me likes it a lot :)

Aidos Drakon
[ Display Name History ]

Aidos Drakon

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 196 posts
I am trying to do every task. I am 19 tasks in a row.

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis

hyjack01
[ Display Name History ]

hyjack01

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 483 posts
  • RSN:H y j a c K
Anyone had a Terrordog task yet? I'm non stop at Sumona but never had this task nor in the past at Duradel..

btw: maybe slayerhelm is a bit overhyped but it's very, very convenient to me, no more hassle with different headgear :D
Posted Image

Shadiochao
[ Display Name History ]

Shadiochao

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Shadiochao
I think the slayer points were a great addition to the game.

I currently have the slayer helmet, Steel Dragons, Kalphite and Warped terrorbirds blocked, and about 50 points spare.

On task 41 from Duradel.

Hopefully they'll eventually get more stuff we can spend our points on.

Chumley
[ Display Name History ]

Chumley

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • Clan:TSG, SnC

Warped Terrorbirds

Spiritual Rangers

or else Jungle Horrors

~Dan

Spiritual Rangers are no longer a task assigned by any of the slayer masters :D
Posted Image

smartme
[ Display Name History ]

smartme

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 617 posts

The Slayer Helmet is slightly overrated, in my opinion. It gives you the bonuses of:

- [bleep]y Helmet

First of all, you don't even need a helmet to go to ToG, thanks to the 2 step skip. Second, who kills these anyways? They give good XP but have horrid drops, and come in low amounts.

- Nose Peg

No benefit, because Salve (E) has a higher bonus than Black Mask, and works on Aberrant Spectres. They do not stack, so the Salve E will take effect, and you might as well be wearing a normal nosepeg.

- Earmuffs

No benefit, for the same reason as Nose Peg. Also, the fact that unless you're going to the new slayer dungeon, Banshees have a whopping 22 HP, and the attack and strength bonus does very little.

- Facemask

The only real benefit IMO. However, most people kill dust devils either for charms or camping for Dragon Chains. The mask has no benefit when you're not slaying. Also, it doesn't benefit range... which is still a problem I'm amazed Jagex hasn't fixed. Why doesn't Black Mask give range a +15% boost?

I might still get it one day just so I can save space in bank while keeping all of these different items, but it's honestly not as good as it's hyped up to be...

I strongly disagree with you here. By using the blackmask with the nosepeg/ earmuffs, you get the 15% bonus from your helm whereas before you received nothing. Since the salve ammy won't stack with the new helm, this allows you to invest more BASE ATTACK into your gear, which will also increase as a percentage. Understand?

For example (made up numbers), say you previously had 100 attack with nosepeg and salve boosted that to 115. Now, your helm will get you to 115 without wearing any amulet. This allows you to equip like a Fury or Strenght ammy which will add 10 to your attack. This ten also recieves the 15% bonus which raises your overall attack to a glorious 128!

128 > 115 !!

I know these numbers are off as I didn't use exact stats, but I'm just proving how amazing percentages are :)

teatonev
[ Display Name History ]

teatonev

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 187 posts
I agree that fury plus slayer mask is much better than salve amulet plus nose peg. You will also need the slayer helmet to take full advantage of slaying creatures in the multicombat environment of the desert slayer dungeon.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Ixindor
[ Display Name History ]

Ixindor

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 311 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Ixindor
  • RSN2:Lord Ix
  • Clan:Dragon-Kin
Questions!

When you blacklist a task, does it apply to ALL slayer masters? For example, if I black list Spiritual Rangers on one Duriel, will that apply to say Sumona?

Can you blacklist more than 4 tasks? Maybe you can only see 4 at a time. Maybe a scroll bar appears once you get past 4.

Can you blacklist anything from Tureal (Burthrope guy)? For example: You finish a task and have nothing else assigned. You decide to got try the weakest one. He gives you Birds. Can you blacklist them?

(Names are probably mis-spelled. I haven't had time to look them up)

Kinemas
[ Display Name History ]

Kinemas

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 231 posts
  • RSN:Kinemas
I'm only doing Sumona tasks. And when I've blocked the Kalphite and Cave Crawlers (low levels aren't worth the effort, and high levels are too much of a pain) I'm set to get my Slayer Helmet and the Rings.
The Ultimate Green Dragon Guide
Don't hate me, just let me ride.
Lord, just give me life.

RSgamer
[ Display Name History ]

RSgamer

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 387 posts
  • RSN:Monstermas22

Questions!

When you blacklist a task, does it apply to ALL slayer masters? For example, if I black list Spiritual Rangers on one Duriel, will that apply to say Sumona?

Can you blacklist more than 4 tasks? Maybe you can only see 4 at a time. Maybe a scroll bar appears once you get past 4.

Can you blacklist anything from Tureal (Burthrope guy)? For example: You finish a task and have nothing else assigned. You decide to got try the weakest one. He gives you Birds. Can you blacklist them?

(Names are probably mis-spelled. I haven't had time to look them up)

Yes, blacklisting is for all the slayer masters.

No, at the moment, the max is 4, but could be increased in the future.

And No, you cannot remove your burthrope tasks, as you are FORCED to do the task in the sake you get another good task (even spending 130 points to get rid of tasks).
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users