Slayer points

transcript80

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am trying to do every task. I am 19 tasks in a row.

a8aa5bbc88.png

People who ask our advice almost never take it. Yet we should never refuse to give it, upon request, for it often helps us to see our own way more clearly.

--Brendan Francis

Anyone had a Terrordog task yet? I'm non stop at Sumona but never had this task nor in the past at Duradel..

btw: maybe slayerhelm is a bit overhyped but it's very, very convenient to me, no more hassle with different headgear :D

h_y_j_a_c_k.png

I think the slayer points were a great addition to the game.

I currently have the slayer helmet, Steel Dragons, Kalphite and Warped terrorbirds blocked, and about 50 points spare.

On task 41 from Duradel.

Hopefully they'll eventually get more stuff we can spend our points on.

If i ever come back around to do this...here would be my top 3.

Warped Terrorbirds

Spiritual Rangers

Maybe Turoths...they seem to drop a good amount of clues, but take too long to kill.

or else Jungle Horrors

~Dan

Spiritual Rangers are no longer a task assigned by any of the slayer masters :D

chumley.png

The Slayer Helmet is slightly overrated, in my opinion. It gives you the bonuses of:

- [bleep]y Helmet

First of all, you don't even need a helmet to go to ToG, thanks to the 2 step skip. Second, who kills these anyways? They give good XP but have horrid drops, and come in low amounts.

- Nose Peg

No benefit, because Salve (E) has a higher bonus than Black Mask, and works on Aberrant Spectres. They do not stack, so the Salve E will take effect, and you might as well be wearing a normal nosepeg.

- Earmuffs

No benefit, for the same reason as Nose Peg. Also, the fact that unless you're going to the new slayer dungeon, Banshees have a whopping 22 HP, and the attack and strength bonus does very little.

- Facemask

The only real benefit IMO. However, most people kill dust devils either for charms or camping for Dragon Chains. The mask has no benefit when you're not slaying. Also, it doesn't benefit range... which is still a problem I'm amazed Jagex hasn't fixed. Why doesn't Black Mask give range a +15% boost?

I might still get it one day just so I can save space in bank while keeping all of these different items, but it's honestly not as good as it's hyped up to be...

I strongly disagree with you here. By using the blackmask with the nosepeg/ earmuffs, you get the 15% bonus from your helm whereas before you received nothing. Since the salve ammy won't stack with the new helm, this allows you to invest more BASE ATTACK into your gear, which will also increase as a percentage. Understand?

For example (made up numbers), say you previously had 100 attack with nosepeg and salve boosted that to 115. Now, your helm will get you to 115 without wearing any amulet. This allows you to equip like a Fury or Strenght ammy which will add 10 to your attack. This ten also recieves the 15% bonus which raises your overall attack to a glorious 128!

128 > 115 !!

I know these numbers are off as I didn't use exact stats, but I'm just proving how amazing percentages are :)

I agree that fury plus slayer mask is much better than salve amulet plus nose peg. You will also need the slayer helmet to take full advantage of slaying creatures in the multicombat environment of the desert slayer dungeon.

Teatonev.png

Teatonev.png

Questions!

When you blacklist a task, does it apply to ALL slayer masters? For example, if I black list Spiritual Rangers on one Duriel, will that apply to say Sumona?

Can you blacklist more than 4 tasks? Maybe you can only see 4 at a time. Maybe a scroll bar appears once you get past 4.

Can you blacklist anything from Tureal (Burthrope guy)? For example: You finish a task and have nothing else assigned. You decide to got try the weakest one. He gives you Birds. Can you blacklist them?

(Names are probably mis-spelled. I haven't had time to look them up)

Questions!

When you blacklist a task, does it apply to ALL slayer masters? For example, if I black list Spiritual Rangers on one Duriel, will that apply to say Sumona?

Can you blacklist more than 4 tasks? Maybe you can only see 4 at a time. Maybe a scroll bar appears once you get past 4.

Can you blacklist anything from Tureal (Burthrope guy)? For example: You finish a task and have nothing else assigned. You decide to got try the weakest one. He gives you Birds. Can you blacklist them?

(Names are probably mis-spelled. I haven't had time to look them up)

Yes, blacklisting is for all the slayer masters.

No, at the moment, the max is 4, but could be increased in the future.

And No, you cannot remove your burthrope tasks, as you are FORCED to do the task in the sake you get another good task (even spending 130 points to get rid of tasks).

2008_121.png

Randompm1.png

I don't see why everyone is blacklisting Kalphite. I hate them myself but they're great exp.Just bring a cannon to scare people away and then melee when they leave.It's underhanded but it works :ugeek:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

I don't see why everyone is blacklisting Kalphite. I hate them myself but they're great exp.Just bring a cannon to scare people away and then melee when they leave.It's underhanded but it works :ugeek:

Yeah, I'd do that but I'm too poor for a cannon, as well as I already have 99 range. I'd personally black list steel dragons (too many and too good def) and warped terrorbirds.

143kxfq.png

Please take a look at my blog here.

Those who can not accept change condemn themselves to living in the past.

99 Range - 99 Mage - 99 Defence - 99 Hitpoints

Have my slayer helmet and working on my blacklist now:

Currently have Kalphite and Steel Dragons.

Waiting on Terrorbirds and Scarabites to add to the list.

I love these slayer points, it's keeping me from Burthorping every other task, makes the skill a little more interesting.

Foooman.png

Best thing possible for me. It gave me a whole new reason to start back up on my 85 slayer goal, and that new slayer helm looks amazing. Blacklisting tasks sounds like an amazing idea as well... (no more steel drags or warped stuffs :D )

A big TY to Jagex for this amazing update.

Also, does anyone know how much the slayer xp give? I think it costs 100 points, or maybe more, but i didn't want to waste my points without knowing. #-o

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

Try terrorbirds before you blacklist them. I did a task last night, it took an hour for 154, and they have 154 hp, so i got 23k slayer xp in a little under an hour.

At least try them before you blacklist them...

Anyway, my blacklist so far is for Hellhounds and Black Demons, waiting for gargoyles and steel dragons >.>

Task #37 btw

aquasig2lc8.png

^^Click For Monster Hunting Blog (180M+ in drops)^^

Yeah, I'd do that but I'm too poor for a cannon, as well as I already have 99 range. I'd personally black list steel dragons (too many and too good def) and warped terrorbirds.

I have 99 range as well but you'll only be using it for a short time before they log.

And i'll be blacklisting Steels,Iron, and Miths(ony 154 qp). Already have 160+ points.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Ugh, so you can only blacklist a total of 4 Slayer Monster Tasks spread out between all of them? If that's the case, then I will have to do more evaluation on them.

I know for a fact that Steel Dragons are gone. And possibly Spiritual Rangers.

ONLY 2 MORE?!? This is going to suck lol.

Just getting confirmation - canceling/removing tasks does NOT reset your count correct?

ONLY Burthorping does?

Yeah you're right. I cancelled a 73 steels task yesterday. It works out way better in the long run

when you make it to the 50 task bonus. Although steels are the first on the list to be blacklisted for me :P

dont blacklist steels :mrgreen:

dlegs.jpg

im getting so many greater tasks :evil:

and has any1 notcied for the points of a mask you can get 1mil in runes :wall:

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

Anyone had a Terrordog task yet? I'm non stop at Sumona but never had this task nor in the past at Duradel..

btw: maybe slayerhelm is a bit overhyped but it's very, very convenient to me, no more hassle with different headgear :D

i have a 45 terrordog task now

Eindhoven_by_Sadocles.jpg

I have a question about this new slaying system (just back from a 6 month break).

If you take a break from slaying to do other stuff, will you have to do the five tasks again to start gaining points again? Or does going to the Burnthorpe master, the only thing that can break your point building? Cheers

Harrington.gif

If you take a break from slaying to do other stuff, will you have to do the five tasks again to start gaining points again? Or does going to the Burnthorpe master, the only thing that can break your point building? Cheers

The streak continues for as long as you don't go to the Burthorpe master.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

The streak continues for as long as you don't go to the Burthorpe master.

Ok, thanks man

Harrington.gif