Slayer points

transcript80

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got annoyed by spectre tasks...and..spend 100 points..shouldn't have, lol.

I did all the quests, so a lot more to choose from , as in, bad tasks..

Edit: OMG, 1 post...I had 200+ of m...including 3 successful threads....

I switched over to a 1-9 Mazchna, 10 Duradel pattern for quick points; got my Slayer Helmet and the Slayer Ring crafting knowledge. Task #40 was Kalphite, so I decided to try something new for me: solo Kalphite Queen. Black Mask (Slayer Helmet) makes Stage 2 meleeable even without Verac's, so it wasn't too bad; unfortunately none of my drops were all that good. My best drop was from one of the Guardians, a Dragon Medium Helm. Died once when I wasn't paying enough attention; only lost some food and had to replace my lunar staff. 5 minute headstone is barely enough time to recover your gear from the KQ hive! Out of a 160+ Kalphite task, I solo'd the queen around 25 times, with the rest of the kills being Guardians and summoned Workers. About 1/3 of those trips took slightly more than one run. I think I will keep Kalphites as a task just to do that again; even if I got no good drops it was quite fun.

D

2009 Member Goals: Undetermined

• 2 months later...
The Slayer Helmet is slightly overrated, in my opinion. It gives you the bonuses of:

- [bleep]y Helmet

First of all, you don't even need a helmet to go to ToG, thanks to the 2 step skip. Second, who kills these anyways? They give good XP but have horrid drops, and come in low amounts.

- Nose Peg

No benefit, because Salve (E) has a higher bonus than Black Mask, and works on Aberrant Spectres. They do not stack, so the Salve E will take effect, and you might as well be wearing a normal nosepeg.

- Earmuffs

No benefit, for the same reason as Nose Peg. Also, the fact that unless you're going to the new slayer dungeon, Banshees have a whopping 22 HP, and the attack and strength bonus does very little.

- Facemask

The only real benefit IMO. However, most people kill dust devils either for charms or camping for Dragon Chains. The mask has no benefit when you're not slaying. Also, it doesn't benefit range... which is still a problem I'm amazed Jagex hasn't fixed. Why doesn't Black Mask give range a +15% boost?

I might still get it one day just so I can save space in bank while keeping all of these different items, but it's honestly not as good as it's hyped up to be...

It has a better def bonus than the [bleep]ed helm, earmuffs, facemask, and nose peg.

Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can

Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?

Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?

Camera guy: still laughing

Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy

Camera guy: runs away still laughing

Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!

Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Great update, gonna like slayer again :P

+ The new slayer 'girl' is great!

(now I have to look for an alternative summoning route though,

because I placed my house in the dessert :P )

use a spirit kyatt to tele to the pretoris obelisk, make your pouches, and use a ring of dueling to bank at cws. lather, rinse, repeat.

Linkzelda30.jpeg

image2ez.png

[hide=Siggy credits]The Awesome, Epic, Amazing, S3xah A-10 Sig By Unolexi! I wub u Uno!

InsanityV2 Did the Franz Ferdinand Sig.

Killerwatt is responsible for the Arctic Monkeys sig.

Pat_61 did the B-2 sig and the raptor sig.[/hide]

If you're at, say, 21 tasks in a row,or worse, 49, Burthorping a task will cost you a hell of a lot of money. For me, points = Death and Mind Runes. I've blocked 4 tasks but that's cost me a lot in deaths and minds, I bught Slayer helm and that's done the same, but even skipping tasks as we are able to do now costs you about 220 death runes and 880 minds.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

If you're at, say, 21 tasks in a row,or worse, 49, Burthorping a task will cost you a hell of a lot of money. For me, points = Death and Mind Runes. I've blocked 4 tasks but that's cost me a lot in deaths and minds, I bught Slayer helm and that's done the same, but even skipping tasks as we are able to do now costs you about 220 death runes and 880 minds.

I have about a 380 task streak, yet I rarely go about 200 points.