Your version of the Runescape full screen mode :O

Triquos

Well, here's my version of it. I wanted to have the quick chat favourites sidebar bigger but it's kindo impossible lol =l

myversionofthefullscreenp5.jpg

So what do you guys think the full screen mode would look like? Just the RS screen but bigger? Or with add-ons like my version =D You can let your imagine run wild if you want, you could even make suggest a *world hop* sidebar =D

2vuhgcn.png

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a world jump sidebar isn't as good an idea as it might seem. you're not supposed to jump around the servers like fleas, hence the waiting time that was put in.

im not a big fan of the fullscreen idea either, as I (and alot of other people) enjoy using forums , msn and all kinds of cheating programs while playing rs..... actually i was lying......... i dont use msn ;)

Ty for the comments guys ^_^

Yes I too am glad it will be optional, thing is, I wish they could also take into considertion a quickchat sidebar like I have, that way quick chat is WAYYY easier to use, and you could add and delete phrases just like the friends and ignore lists =D

I also think many might not want to use the full screen mode if they're browsing tipit or the general forum 24/7 like me XD

Personally when it comes, I don't think i'll be able to decide =l

2vuhgcn.png

oh but its an easy decision my friend. fullscreen mode is mostly used in more powerful 3d games to reduce lag, as fullscreen mode directs most of the computers attention to the active screen. windowed mode, which rs has always existed in would create somewhat more lag with a game like neverwinter nights 2 or world of warcraft running in high definition. but rs is a low-end graphical game, which means windowed mode or fullscreen mode makes little to no difference for anyone with a pentium 166 mhz or higher. even with the huge graphic makeover planned for RS this year i doubt it will affect us users of windowed mode. so all in all, windowed mode is still more practical as it allows pr0n surfing while playing!

I'll pretend I didn't hear that last sentence o_O

Yes i'm afraid it will bring lag too, right now i'm disconnecting about 50 times a day, it's been going on for about 6 weeks now and just today i've come to figure out it must be jagex, as i've tried more than 20 things now and i've sent them a query. I hope full screen mode doesn't make lag even worse for me than it already is =l

2vuhgcn.png

i think it will be bit more like wow/gw thing.. but triqous idea seems gud!

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Tyvm =D I had another version but the space below is empty at the moment =l but I do like that version the most. I think I could improve on the chat though, maybe switch the quick chat favourites to the right side and the normal chat to the left, I dunno lol.

2vuhgcn.png

I don't think I'll be playing fullscreen myself, I like to be able to quickly flip between things when I'm doing something such as Woodcutting.

That edit looks very nice, though.

seetons.png

Feel free to HYT me in-game =)

~~3,483rd to 99 Thieving, Feb 22, 2008~~

"There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want." - Calvin (& Hobbes)

I don't think I'll be playing fullscreen myself, I like to be able to quickly flip between things when I'm doing something such as Woodcutting.

That edit looks very nice, though.

again like many said, for ppl who like to view other links like the forums, u can do this in full screen too. just press alt+tab. :-)

anyways i think it will be the same thing as runescape just enlarged. nothing will change at all. just enlarged and not enlarged so that the pixels go wacky!

I wonder if they are actually going to make the game fullscreen, or if they make it "fullscreen", as in making the online game applet area larger. Besides, if they wanted it literally fullscreen like WoW, don't they have to have client? If so, doesn't that get rid of the browser-based thing RS has got going?

Cool%20Xy.png

I'm 100% free-to-play!!!

Message me, private chat is always on. :)

I wonder if they are actually going to make the game fullscreen, or if they make it "fullscreen", as in making the online game applet area larger. Besides, if they wanted it literally fullscreen like WoW, don't they have to have client? If so, doesn't that get rid of the browser-based thing RS has got going?

Not necessarily. If you take a look at Funorb, they've successfully got a fullscreen mode of their games already going for members. It takes up the whole screen just like any client game you would see.

cliffside1ra5.png

That looks pretty good, what did you use? Anyway in my version of a full screen mode, there should be a kill random bar.

It goes like this

1.Kill M.O.M

2.Kill Molly

etc

I just got 6 randoms when doing my slayer task, i am angry right now :evil:

11-1.jpg[

Guild Wars 2-In game screenshot, the MMORPG you are waiting for. Click for thread.

You make a good point. It would be awesome if it was like that =D

And I made the picture with photoshop 7. Believe it or not there's about 50 layers in it because I had to keep duplicating certain things like the edges of the *chats frame* because they were so small, I had to make several of them =l

Guys - Feel free to post your versions of what you think it will or should look like =D be sure to put your name on it multiple times like I did, with about 40% opacity on it so others don't say it's theirs =D You could also send your version of it to jagex via the main page>player submissions>gallery - so they get some ideas =D

2vuhgcn.png