Your version of the Runescape full screen mode :O

Triquos

I'll probably play Fullscreen sometimes, probably not most the time though.

But, in Fullscreen mode, they have much more space to include another features (as shown in the first pic). Now I'm sure that they'll fit all the skill icons on one page, etc.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I probably won't be using full screen mode as it probably cuts out my IRC.....which I use a lot.

It is pretty clear though the whole idea of full screen is to enhance graphics. That being said, I won't be picking RS over other MMORPG because of the graphics. All it will really be is something that is easier on the eyes, I can sit back a bit further and thats it really.

Also, while skilling you are going to be frequently looking at other screens and I will never get to use to switching screens using Alt + Tab. Perhaps when I'm monster hunting.

Templar Guardians

When are trying to lend something, the word to use is borrow. Not barrows, which is a mini-game.

1. It's supposed to be fullscreen, so please don't cut the inventory...

2. make a "Show/Hide" tab for the QuickChat window for thoose who doesn't find the QC appealing(hit a wide audience to let em get caught by you're inspiration).

3. make custom gifs/sprites for inv items and voila, youre actually quite close to my opinion...

Post Scriptum, i like the idea of loose tabs inside the gamewindow instead of spoiling the bottom with small ugly tabs, just perhaps make them hide/show aswell..

- Adellund ; just me two cents :D

cheap_labour.png

Woohoo........

I seriously can not wait until full screen comes out. I think the difference will be amazing. I do multi task while playing runescape so the way I play runescape will change, but there will always be the option of the screen we have now, so people can play in their old style or change to suit the new screen.

I don't think the screen layout will change, I think everything will just get bigger, and I think the chat box will get bigger as well, hopefully.

Please, God, remove that enormous QuickChat box. As much as I already hate QuickChat, it doesn't have to invade regular chat.

Hyt Chat FOREVER

Killy_Da_Kid.png

Killy_Da_Kid.png

I have quit RuneScape. I have posted on the Leaving sticky saying so. Goodbye.

"Too late... my time has come... gotta leave you all behind and face the truth."

~ Freddie Mercury ~

OMg, I'm so out of touch after just a few months away. I briefly read over the new graphic changes, but I didn't notice anything about going full screen.

Is this a geunine part of the forthcoming graphic updates, or just wishful thinking? I mean, is there actual proof? Cheers

Harrington.gif

"As if the improvements below weren't enough, an optional fullscreen version of RuneScape is due at the same time. This will let you play at a resolution of your choice, and it also supports widescreen monitors. We think you'll agree, the future of RuneScape is looking very good indeed...."

Yes, it will be fullscreen.

"As if the improvements below weren't enough, an optional fullscreen version of RuneScape is due at the same time. This will let you play at a resolution of your choice, and it also supports widescreen monitors. We think you'll agree, the future of RuneScape is looking very good indeed...."

Yes, it will be fullscreen.

Awesome, thanks for that mate. Can't wait now :shock:

Harrington.gif

I'll pretend I didn't hear that last sentence o_O

Yes i'm afraid it will bring lag too, right now i'm disconnecting about 50 times a day, it's been going on for about 6 weeks now and just today i've come to figure out it must be jagex, as i've tried more than 20 things now and i've sent them a query. I hope full screen mode doesn't make lag even worse for me than it already is =l

Sucks for you.

Last disconnect I had must have been weeks ago, when my internet was acting up. (ALL pages were down, not just RS)

Its not the game, its you.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

My friend thinks that to play full screen, you'll have to download the client or even - Gasp! - have to buy a CD.

I like the idea of having a quick-chat on the side.

I have a suggestion though. How about putting a notepad window like in SK or even digital post-its that stick around between sessions, so that we can remember what we need to do the next time we log on?

Wouldn't you agree that that would be awesome?

I'll pretend I didn't hear that last sentence o_O

Yes i'm afraid it will bring lag too, right now i'm disconnecting about 50 times a day, it's been going on for about 6 weeks now and just today i've come to figure out it must be jagex, as i've tried more than 20 things now and i've sent them a query. I hope full screen mode doesn't make lag even worse for me than it already is =l

Sucks for you.

Last disconnect I had must have been weeks ago, when my internet was acting up. (ALL pages were down, not just RS)

Its not the game, its you.

It's actually runescapes servers, it's been happening for more and more people over the last few months without any notice - check the RAM/DRAIN CONNECTION LOSS PT2 sticky on the RSOF tech forum. But if you must know what I have or what i've done here it is:

System Specs:

Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP

Java version: Version 6 Update 5

Processor speed: 6300 @ 1.86GHz

Amount of RAM: 1.87Ghz, 2.00 GB of RAM

Web browser: Internet Version 6.0 (Would use internet 7 but it won't let me play Runescape, and it makes no difference to the amount of times I disconnect)

Internet Connection: ADSL

- Playing on low detail (as i've always done)

- Changing worlds to see if it made a difference

- Switching to Internet versions 6, 7 and Mozilla Firefox

- Uninstalling trend micro

- No other programs running whilst playing RS

- Playing at different times

- Restarting, aswell as reseting the modem

- Our Internet,Fone provider AND Runescape all said there's no problems at their end (although RS was an automated response)

- Made sure I had the best java updates and software

- Got in the computer guy to try fix the problem but couldn't find anything - still charged $140 for the call out

As a last resort I also did a system restore about 2 weeks before the problem started, so that SHOULD have fixed it but it didn't so that was a BIG clue as to how it's not a problem at my end.

It also just randomly happened one day, out of the blue. My connection was fine, infact I only disconnected about twice a year, now it's been more than 2,100 disconnects since the 15th of April, so no I don't think it's a problem at my end ;) also if you notice my comp specs you'll see I have a very good computer :D

I'm just waiting on Mod Tron's response on the matter in a week so until then I have to put up with it.

2vuhgcn.png

I'm no good with editing: this looks great. I don't like the idea of a world hop toolbar. I like the quickchat toolbar and like darkdude hope it is multi-monitor compatible.

Thoroughly retired, may still write now and again

Say bye to full screen rs images in tip.it now you must make it lil' :P

Pretty nice tho.

:lol: so true :D

The all/game/private/report buttons will not be above the chat box. There would be the issue of accidentally pressing the buttons while trying to walk somewhere.

Yea I completely forgot to add a background behind the buttons #-o but it's so much work that I can't be bothered anymore :wall: please forgive me :oops:

2vuhgcn.png

Cool idea, but I think a lot of space around the minimap is wasted, the minimap could be just bigger.

I'd also prefer being able to type in bigger chatbox to having this quickchat thing.

i'd like the option to be able to dock on/off the chat area, minimap and stats/equipments etc. i also liked a picture someone made for a rs3 pic showing nighttime/daytime. but couldnt find it.

the great thing about runescape being a browser game it's astoundingly easy to multitask and do other things which is a big plus.

but for certain times a full screen option would be ideal. here's my version. so it'd look like this. 1 button you could hit for full screen mode with the options of docking panels. in the regular mode you could also dock panels if you chose.

459487d010eu7.png

[hide=-this is my signature- guides i've written]full list is at the top of <!-- l --><a class="postlink-local" href="http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754">viewtopic.php?f=180&t=775754</a><!-- l -->[/hide]

It also just randomly happened one day, out of the blue. My connection was fine, infact I only disconnected about twice a year, now it's been more than 2,100 disconnects since the 15th of April, so no I don't think it's a problem at my end ;) also if you notice my comp specs you'll see I have a very good computer

2100 eh? Got em all dated and screenshoted?

I want to shoot everyone that exaggerates.

blood_argon.gif

99 Crafting :: 39,750th || 99 Attack :: 1,775th

Yeah, I like your version, and I think Jagex's version would probably be much similar. We'll just have to wait and find out. But, yours is nice, and I don't see many other ways you could make it and still be good. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just to clarify, I was talking about triquos's version.

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....