Suggest a Style: PHPBB3

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I contacted 2 administrators, and they didn't respond. :?

As far as not responding goes, all of us have been up to our eyeballs dealing with the serious situation going on with the main site as well as taking care of day to day responsibilities. Please don't take it personally, Killerred. It was not meant as a slight to you. Peter and I were able to take time from all of that to work on the more "cosmetic" type things like skins and the custom profile field yesterday, but it has definitely been a busy week at tip.it!

From what I remember (to the post about massive blank space) the space was also there when the profile was on the right side of the screen on the prosilver. The new prosilver styles that came in with phpbb3 are really stinkers compared to the old style. I'm like many people who would prefer something less chunky. I know that Peter also added a horizontal scroll bar last night, because there has been an issue with larger images being cut off in posts even before this change.

Hopefully, we will be able to come up with some other skins for folks to choose from and make some adjustments that ease the look.

No one needs to get their ass on their shoulders about this

--the_tallest1
"Talent hits a target no one else can hit; Genius hits a target no one else can see."
-- Arthur Schopenhauer

My deviantart gallery --- Turtlequirks Zazzle

Honestly guys, if you're going to move the profile information from the right to the left, make sure it's not 2x the size it was before or don't do it at all :uhh:

prosilver looks like [cabbage] with this massive "blank space" on the left. Nicely done.

This has now been fixed to be pretty much the same size as subsilver/tip.it theme. As for being "2x the size", it grew by 12 pixels.

Awww, I rather fancied the avatar on the right. :( Is there any way to add an option in the UCP to let each user choose which side the avatar is on?

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

Awww, I rather fancied the avatar on the right. :( Is there any way to add an option in the UCP to let each user choose which side the avatar is on?

I don't think so. :( ... AFAIK, the avatar/profile location is template-based, and not an admin-adjustable option. :-k

(BTW, I could be wrong, but I don't think I am...)

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

It would mean making 2 skins. It is possible but the thing is, if he spends the time (which he is lacking) on this one he will then have to do it on every skin released from now on. :shock:

With the new fixes it is not bad... If it is still odd for you, clean the catche :).

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

This has now been fixed to be pretty much the same size as subsilver/tip.it theme. As for being "2x the size", it grew by 12 pixels.

12px of dead space in a LTR enviroment is bigger than it really is. Hate me for exaguration but that's how perception works.

12px of dead space in a LTR enviroment is bigger than it really is. Hate me for exaguration but that's how perception works.

Maybe we should just do away with the dead space? :idea: :thumbsup:

~D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

~D. V. Devnull

It's gone already?

<<<Quote Snip>>>

It's gone already?

<*goes to look with his 1024x768 resolution, seeing as he's on the Tip.It Website Theme*> :?

Ouch... Prosilver side-profiles are squashed. TIFBlack = also squashed. :( ... Any way to fix that? It looks like killing all neutral/dead space is not an awesome idea. :-s

Also, I suggest making the online/offline on ProSilver a bit more colorful. :idea:

~D. V. Devnull

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone still interested in subBlack? I've been working on converting it to 3.0.1.

But I'm missing the correct quote and code colors, if anyone has a screenshot of a quote/coode tag, (Preferably more than one nested quote) it would be appreciated.

C2b6gs7.png

Anyone still interested in subBlack? I've been working on converting it to 3.0.1.

But I'm missing the correct quote and code colors, if anyone has a screenshot of a quote/coode tag, (Preferably more than one nested quote) it would be appreciated.

Well, we already have a TIFBlack skin...

j0xPu5R.png

• 2 months later...
Bumpy

Found a Christmas skin that could be added.

http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo/3.0/?style=45

That skin is WAY TOO ANIMATED... It is causing 50% CPU usage on this 2.4 Ghz system I'm on... What are you trying to do? Give a 'present filled with trouble' to anyone that didn't upgrade to something that's in the last year?!?!? :o

Personally, I think I'd prefer something more simple, like a Santa Hat atop the Rune Tips Logo, and some background non-animated snowflakes. Kinda like the main website. <3: ... Sure, Snow and Christmas Lights would be nice, but those don't absolutely have to be there... ::'

~Mr. D. V. "Think about those with slower systems, will you?" Devnull

Bumpy

Found a Christmas skin that could be added.

http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo/3.0/?style=45

That skin is WAY TOO ANIMATED... It is causing 50% CPU usage on this 2.4 Ghz system I'm on... What are you trying to do? Give a 'present filled with trouble' to anyone that didn't upgrade to something that's in the last year?!?!? :o

Personally, I think I'd prefer something more simple, like a Santa Hat atop the Rune Tips Logo, and some background non-animated snowflakes. Kinda like the main website. <3: ... Sure, Snow and Christmas Lights would be nice, but those don't absolutely have to be there... ::'

~Mr. D. V. "Think about those with slower systems, will you?" Devnull

Hmm, I guess it's probably my video card that's protecting me as this computer isn't any better than yours. ;)

Thanks for your input.

Perhaps they can create a similar one like the website such as Devnull suggested?

j0xPu5R.png