Suggest a Style: PHPBB3

I wouldn't want a premade one.

If we can use these skins for ideas then great, but I think the forum needs a group of designers and coders who can make each skin tailored for forum.tip.it

spacescenev24.jpg

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For those of us that like it SubSilver style:

Theme name: SubSilver2

Screenshot: Click here

Demo Forum: http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/subsilver2

Unless it was removed, PHPBB3 comes with subsilver2 as a default. All an Admin needs to do is click Install and Activate :)

I, personally, would like to see the same colors around. I used a red style last forum, so I'd like to see a red one. Also green, black, and something related to Chronicals. Then we could work on some different ones. I don't mind which ones they are, but I'd like the colors on them to be relatively similar.

1.png
generic_signature.png

Agreed With Fed, SubSilver Is usually the only Forum 'Skin' That I use on any forum. It may be originial, but It's easier to understand rather than somthing that's Multi-Colored and Hard to understand. :lol:

2.png

My biggest complaint would be that god awful "phpbb3" thats sitting right where the tip.it logo was. Changing that would might make the baby blue color scheme a little more bearable.

If your going to keep the blue/white thing as you theme like the old forums (which had many styles, but blue/white was defult), then maybe you could atleast darken the blue a little bit? The light blue is actualy making it hard to see becuase there is not enough contrast (it one step above cyan which would be nearly as bad as yellow on white). That and I dont like the color baby blue on principle.

Maybe you could add Code Black which is really easy to see.

Also, Blue Moon is fairly similar to the current style but with a darker blue.

The other thing is that all the old smilies look like there sqished for some reason. Except for the drooling one.

One other thing. Is there ANYTHING that can be done about the new quote box. Seriously, the person who designed that needs to re think the design. Aside from being pink, those quotation marks are really driving me nuts.

[hide=Ones I like that were previously posted]

Can't find an exact link, but something similar to the old Chronicles theme would be nice if it exists. It suited the forum seeing as it had a feel that the forum was about a medieval game.

Example (using phpbb2): http://www.phpbbhacks.com/templatesdemo/index.php?s=11

I agree with this one. Since we're trying to get the forum to back what it used to be, this is a good addition.

Here are three that I like. I'm very partial to dark colors, but I do like the copper one as well...

FiProBlack

Demo

DivineBlack

Demo

~Turtlefemm

tip.it global moderator

I love these two. It reminds me of my beloved sub black. :D

Went through phbb33 styles database, ProSatin Gray (Demo) one I liked at all... and I didn't particularly like it.

I would just like less white everywhere and instead a light grey, nothing too dark.

Like the Prosatin Gray one. Looks hawt!!

At the time the forums went down, I had long since been using plain old subsilver.

So I am going to recommend subsilver2:

http://www.phpbb.com/styles/demo/3.0/?style=2

http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/subsilver2

I agree with this one as well. It's the classic phpBB theme, so why not?

Here are the ones I like:

MylCastel

BlackDiamond

Melankolia

AcidTech

In agreement with all of these![/hide]

[hide=Ones that I found]"X-Treme"

"Arrow"

"Melankolia"

"Overlord"

ExtremeDarkRed

Dark - (Kind of interesting)

Interesting tool...[/hide]

j0xPu5R.png

If we can use these skins for ideas then great, but I think the forum needs a group of designers and coders who can make each skin tailored for forum.tip.it

Agree, a homemade style would be great. When I was looking through all the premade ones none of them seems to scream tip.it.

tFtfA.jpg

Agree, a homemade style would be great. When I was looking through all the premade ones none of them seems to scream tip.it.

Meh I don't think any of the old ones screamed Tip.It very well either. :| A homemade one could be nice for some people, but tip.it would have to get suggestions from the community and they'd end up doing so many things it might not even look as good as we hope. Right now I'm just happy that the forum is up and that it is functional. The current theme is fine for me.

(and @ whoever said the smilies looked like aliens, you have to admit the laughing one looks better :lol:)

1.png
generic_signature.png

I'm agreed 100% on the homemade theme. The only two anomalies that I'd have with it are that it would have to flow with the design of the main site, and be appealing to look at on a consistent basis. Some people prefer bright themes, others (like myself) prefer themes that don't introduce so much eye irritation. Perhaps a poll should be had, listing 7-10 premade themes, and 2-5 homemade themes, and ask the community which one they genuinely prefer (as default).

I'll simply stand by a new, homemade skin, and at the same time, hope/suggest a similar theme for the main site can be used.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

I really liked how the old forum had a nice selection of premade ones. It gave everybody a chance to get used to one that suited their eyes and such.

Personally, I was a big fan of the black and white, so anything not too bright and preferably dark is great in my opinion.

Edit: I <3 BlackDiamond http://demo.phpbb3styles.net/BlackDiamond

100523232837.png

Are you winning The Game?

Please can we find a good old style that is close to the one that made PHBB2 look old and rustic? That was my favorite, and I was on that style for oh, pretty much everyday that I was on Tip.it. Starting day 1 I chose that style, I'm dieing without it, honestly.

EDIT: Chronicles was the name. Save it try to port it to PHBB3? I would be eternally grateful.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

Out of the ones I've seen on here so far, I'd have to say that my favorite is "Springtime" (check the first post on this page). I like the combination of light brown/tan and green.

Also, the idea for home-made skins is great, but I don't think that, should the admins (or whoever decides on new skins) find a pre-made skin that they like, they should turn it down just because it wasn't made just for TIF.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

I think Tip.it, for the time being, should use SubSilver2. Its the same theme the old forums had which will make it easier for the more long standing members to use.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I think Tip.it, for the time being, should use SubSilver2. Its the same theme the old forums had which will make it easier for the more long standing members to use.

If possible.... amen.

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

For that matter, as N_Odie knows (located at http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?p=5811302&f=6#p5811302 ... Their reply to my post just above ...) that I've mentioned elsewhere, we could even have styles set up with multiple CSS versions associated. This would result in multiple color layouts that are connected with one template, requiring less space to have styles, but still providing users with considerable choice. And sure, it would make a long list of options, but wouldn't that at least make the community happy? :idea: (Yes, this is a giant idea here.)

~Mr. Delta Varuna Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

I've never used anything other than SubSilver, and frankly after being around it for the better part of 5 years you start to miss it. :cry: TIF just looks kinda naked without it. I would love to see it as an option here.

Instead of just adding millions of subClone styles that every other forum and their dog has, isnt it about time that Tipit has a fresh and unique forum style that matches the design and colourations of the website. Tipit clearly has the skills in the staff to do it, ive never understood why it was never doen on the old forum either (i offered my services for free in the past)

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Instead of just adding millions of subClone styles that every other forum and their dog has, isnt it about time that Tipit has a fresh and unique forum style that matches the design and colourations of the website. Tipit clearly has the skills in the staff to do it, ive never understood why it was never doen on the old forum either (i offered my services for free in the past)

I agree, though I wouldn't expect them to be working on this until some other projects that are being worked on get done, like the reformation of the forums, the signatures...etc. Though they've said for security reasons they won't do ones from outside of Tip.It.

I do agree though that some of staff could do work on it, even if it were a side project, and getting help from the community, or those who are loyal to TIF wouldn't be a bad idea either. Possibilities.

Theme name: CodeBlack

Screenshot: Click here

Demo Forum: Click here

PHPBB3 Styles Forum Link: Click Here

Notes: Looks alot like sub black

Joined Runescape: 23/01/02 |||. Retired from Runescape: 07/07/2007

[hide=Quotes]

Elfs creating a crystal Axe would be like GreenPeace creating a Nuclear Powered Harpoon for killing seals...

"Level 1 sailing: ability to build a failboat.'
[/hide]

half_banner.gif

Drops: Ahrims Hood, Guthans set FULL (minus legs), dragon half shield, dragon legs/skirt

I thought of doing that, until I saw the css files :ohnoes: .

C2b6gs7.png

I would love a unique forum style. :ugeek: