Suggest a Style: PHPBB3

Well, Laikrob, I don't have quite enough creative talent to do it... But may I suggest a calm 'Wood Background' on the some of the more apparent buttons on the Tip.It theme? I do think that would make it look a lot nicer. :-s

~D. V. Devnull

D_V: GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!

Anyway, the current buttons look like crap, so I redid them very simply..

http://p27.us/tipit_theme/imageset.zip

Sample:

iconuserprofilecb4.gif

Thank you for redoing them! :D I do like the sample. We don't need anything too fancy, so I think that will work well.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't need anything too fancy, so I think that will work well.

We don't? Well, alright... <*DVD whacks himself on the head...*> #-o

Just for everyone's reference....... I was thinking of something that would remind of the left-side border of the Tip.It Website Pages... But, maybe horizontal/diagonal instead, just to give that gentle forum feel to it... Oh well... LOL :lol:

(@ Alduron --- Nice to see you up and awake on the Tip.It forums! ::' ...)

~D. V. Devnull

tifuserbar-dsavi_x4.jpg and normally with a cool mind.

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

Just for everyone's reference....... I was thinking of something that would remind of the left-side border of the Tip.It Website Pages... But, maybe horizontal/diagonal instead, just to give that gentle forum feel to it... Oh well... LOL :lol:

~D. V. Devnull

You mean, kind of like this?

[hide=Forum sidebar]sidebarro4.png[/hide]

C2b6gs7.png

Looks great, almost exactly how I imagined it. Gratz

edit: The area where our username is above avatar etc, could this fontsize be increased a tad? It seems a bit small right now.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Tripsis, may I ask why the subsilver2 theme was edited before you installed it, it looks absolutely atrocious. The background color is awful and hard to read the navigation at the top is horribly messed up, maybe you installed it incorrectly but whatever happened please fix it.

I've decided to experiment with some styles I found that are subBlack just a bit more modern, I'll see what I can come up with.

As an addition to that, I have merged two styles to create one, awesome style. There's just one thing I need to iron out and then I'm done, I hope the admins will use it. :pray: Please?

[hide=Preview, this style is for all you SubBlack lovers! (Open the image in a new window to see it all)]skinyu2.png[/hide]

C2b6gs7.png

Tripsis, may I ask why the subsilver2 theme was edited before you installed it, it looks absolutely atrocious. The background color is awful and hard to read the navigation at the top is horribly messed up, maybe you installed it incorrectly but whatever happened please fix it.

The Administrators are aware of this isssue, and will fix it when they have time. In the meantime, feel free to use one of the other skins.

The area where our username is above avatar etc, could this fontsize be increased a tad? It seems a bit small right now.

I agree, and I believe they know about this aswell. :)

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?

You mean, kind of like this?

[hide=Forum sidebar]sidebarro4.png[/hide]

Dang... You sure missed the conversation!!! :o

What I was talking about was in regard to the buttons (quote, reply, etc.) in the forum. I was suggesting a background similar to the website's left column background, but rotated, on those buttons. :)

~D. V. Devnull

(Warning: This user can be VERY confusing to some people... And talks in 3rd person for the timebeing due to how insane they are... Sometimes even to themself.)

What Laikrob said :P I personally did not install this skin, however I was online and speaking to the person who did when they did. As far as I know, he did not edit it. But I assure you that it will be fixed.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

I'm not finished yet, I've got some files to change. Currently, the "New posts" color for the Forum pictures is this weird shade of green. :? I'm going to change that to the orange you see in the picture (In the screenshot what you see is forums with no new posts) and desaturate the orange to make the "No new posts" color. Also, I'm going to change the dynamic background picture, if that's what it's called, to something cooler, and a bit darker too. More like SubBlack.

EDIT: Nearly finished. Everything is fixed except for some color clashing, which causes it to not be legible. If anyone wants to see a screenie, just ask. :)

C2b6gs7.png

The subsilver2 theme looks much better now. Good job. :)

Indeed! I totally love it. I will definitely stick with this style until we get new styles (hopefully :pray: ).

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

Someone needs to move the "Post Status Flag" and "Post Date/Time" on the "Tip.It Theme" back to the upper left, to the left of "Post Subject"... Other than it just looking awful to have it in the lower right, it also resulted in the resume of a dead argument in another thread, one that I wished had stayed dead. <.<

(BTW, I've already reported those posts, so they should be handled by a Moderator shortly.)

~D. V. Devnull

People have asked about it on other threads so i'm sure there is still interest dsavi

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

There is definitely interest. :)

But since you're asking... Give us a screenshot!

You're accusing me of bigotry, how ironic. It's a nice attempt at argument, but your responses are facile and asinine, if not diatribe. Who's arrogant now?