Show you're support for TIF

krisc6

Dear Tip.It members,

I'm happy to announce that the forum is up, but I also have sad news. We lost 2 and half months worth of posts. Of course you will ask why and how this happened. Unfortunately one of our own staff, an ex tech admin who maintained the forum for a number of years, backstabbed us as his goodbye act. He used his inside technical knowledge to hurt us. Tip.It has lost hundreds if not thousands of dollars that I will have to cover, but what is more important is the loss of 2 and half months of creativity from our community: ideas, guides, jokes, links and much more. We worked hard to recover whatever was possible and for this we can thank Neminon and especially can thank Marshalrusty who spent sleepless nights and a ton of his free time to bring the forums back. His help was priceless.

A positive thing is that we are restarting with better, faster forum software PhpBB 3 that is complete with an all new engine to make your visits here more user friendly, and also gives us better tools to manage and maintain this really very BIG board.

This community has grown over the years to hundreds of thousands of people visiting our Tip.It web site and forums and sharing the way Tip.it was born to be, an independent and open site where we grow to respect each other in a friendly, helpful and FUN atmosphere.

There are over 60 active staff members who every day voluntarily try to help you, by creating web content and keeping this board up and running. Please understand this loss and have a little patience so that we all keep this community better than ever.

Thank you,

Silverion

On behalf of the Tip.It staff

Clears everything up and you've probably seen it on the homepage already.

tifsdac6mc.gif

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all of your hard work in getting this new setup brought up to speed VERY fast. It will take some getting used to, but I'm sure the new setup will be working like a well-oiled machine in no time. :D

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

wooooo for the staff *waves arms in the air*

Shame about all the lost posts though

Piscis_Rex.png

99.99999998465% of the world's population is not me, if you are the 0.00000001535% that is me, put this in you signature

-"being famous is like being a woman, if you have to tell people you are, you aren't"

I missed the forums over the weekend, that's for sure. Great job for all the hard work to get something up and running, basically from scratch.

And sorry for the mental anguish that this situation probably caused. I'm a little peeved about the whole thing, and I'm just a casual user.

o_knames.png

Maxed total levels

Remaining for Completionist Cape: Livid Farm spell (Borrowed Power)

Thank's for getting the forums back up guys!!

It's really great to know that the people here will work so hard to get our beloved community back on track, although a shame to hear about the Backstabbing leaver chappy. =/

As an aside, Mr. Makerofthistopic, could you show your gratitude to your English teacher and change the title to "you" instead of "you're" lol? TY.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

Thank you tip it and all its amazing people who worked so hard to bring these forums back up!

(Now if i can figure out how to change the layout...)

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I'm glad TIF are back up, my days were empty without TIF. BTW if you were reading they only lost two months worth of data not three. (but they expected to lose three)

Great job guys, stinks about losing the posts though. Big round of applause for those of you who worked so hard to keep TIF in business.

15cbz0y.jpg
[bleep] the law, they can eat my dick that's word to Pimp

You guys rock!!! Three days to rebuild the forums... You rock once again!!!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH!! I should get you guys some cookies... and ice cream!!

(no seriously you should sue the guy that wrecked the forum)

finally it's back

had to remake my acc cus it's not older then 2 months :/

shame on the guy who did this

(i like the older board more tough )

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

Very nice to see TIF back up and running. It's looks very nice and I'm slowly getting used to the new layout.

Everyone on the staff team has my congrats. You worked really hard to get TIF back up, even though there was a rollback, it's totally fine. Sorry to hear about the backstabber though.

banner.jpg

I care for no one, and no one cares for me, I'm the ultimate lurker because I never post but I read everything, and I cared about these forums, it's a joy that you continue and even you're keeping on the fight right now. Keep working so hard and you will get many htings in a near future, good luck Tip.it!

HYT!

firmatemplariokz5.jpg

http://darkluniux.blogspot.com

Behold my blog! Thou shalt visit it and rejoice!

You never know how important something is until you are forced to go without it.

Good to be back. :)

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

Thanks so much to everybody who got the forum back online.

I guess the 3 month rollback was unavoidable, but us as a community can rebuild.

2257AD.TUMBLR.COM

I support all the Tip.It'ers that helped bring back the forums. And thanks, that was a speedy recovery, and the new phpBB is a bonus. ;)

hopesolopatriot.jpg