Kent's guide to Summoning mastery! Bork

Inuashakent

• Replies 793
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I love slaying and even camping, I just can't seem to get charms in larger amounts :P I've been stuck at 70summ with 1500crims banked for over a week now, and I'm doing close to 50k slayer exp every day X)

What is your secreeeet XD

Visit www.trackscape.nl for RuneScape stat tracking! If you have any questions, feel free to ask me, I made the site.

90.png

elnaeth.png

I just used 4 Spirit Kyatts making pouches. Each Kyatt got me exactly 93 trips, which is 2325 pouches per Kyatt (assuming you make 25 pouches per trip). That makes it really close to 2850 pouches per hour. These numbers are thanks to the jewelery update that allows you to pick your destination in a drop-down menu. You can activate the teleport when your character's hands reach the ground.

You still haven't corrected the numbers that I laid out for you on a platter.

You can do even faster if you use mouse keys for making the pouches/banking, I got a little over 3k charms/hour while getting 99.

Still a pretty good guide, even though I haven't used it in a while it really helped me at lower levels, thanks!

2dvjurb.png

You mentioned to ignore the Ork Legions. I believe this is a big mistake and I disagree with your statement.

I once also believe they were a waste of time, but I discovered two things. 1) With Piety and Super Set, I usually 2-3hko'd them, so they were quick and easy kills, and 2) They drop charms 100% of the time. I have NEVER killed an Ork Legion that didn't drop a charm.

Typically, they drop golds, next greens, then crims, then blues. I'd say the ratio is about 10:6:2:?. I'm not entirely sure, since to be honest I haven't taken good data on the subject. But I strongly recommend that you look into killing the Ork Legions. Bork summons between 3 and 5 each time you try to kill him. That's what? Another 30 seconds of your time? No other monster in the game (besides Bork) drops charms 100% of the time. So imo, they are totally worth killing, especially since they have such low hp.

EDIT: 40 pages of fun! Gratz :)

Hello and nice guide.

Under cockroach Soldiers you have not sure if they belong in your guide. I would have to say that they do simply for the fact that they drop crimson charms much more often than any other charm. In fact they drop more crimsons than the rest combined.

I have 99 in all the melee stats and that is what I used to gether this information on the Cockroach soldiers. I used a whip and wore rune plate, rune legs, rune boots, barrows gloves, dragon square shield and a slayer helmut. I tried the Helnut of Netiznot and the dragon medium helmut, but I seemed to go through food faster with both than with the slayer helmut. I use monkfish for food and take 15 with me each load. I tried it using an extreme set by taking a dose of each when I was still at the bank and putting the remainder back in the bank to save the inventory spaces. However every time I used the potions I seemed to get less charms per load????

This info is compiled over 3 weeks of playing every day and using them to gather charms. I keep the other drops as well, except for the low level herb seeds.

Keeping the other drops is what can make these very well worth the time. Oh yeah, I also fish and cook my own food so I don't care about going through it.

Back to the Cockroach soldiers.

The charms so far are at 176 Blue, 906 Green, 1863 Gold and 6307 Crimson. The crimson works out to around 30/hour, give or take a couple.

As for the rest of the drops, I have gotten over 200 of both the rune scimitar and the rune sq. shield. I have gotten almost 14K mithril ores and about 1600 adamantite ores. Also almost 8K of law runes and over 3K of death runes, 2K of blood runes. So far almost 1K gems in total with sapphires being the majority. And coin drops usually come out around 10K per load on average.

Wow, how long were you killing them? :o

Guessing by the crimson count and rate, about 210 hours of killing cockroaches.

As for the Ork Legions, I agree that they're good to kill, I just usually don't bother as I am lazy and don't like spending more time on Bork than is necessary. I know I should kill them, but I just don't.

EDIT: I've changed my laziness and always kill the Ork Legions now. The charms they drop aren't much, but it does start to add up over time. Definitely kill them. It barely takes any more time than you already spend at Bork.

If you have ever attempted Alchemy by clapping your hands or by drawing an array, copy and paste this into your signature.

MischlingsSH.png

• 1 year later...

I noticed that a lot of the data here regarding equipment, and items is outdated. It's not a huge deal to update these things, as it is kind of obvious what to use now. (We have soulsplit, turmoil, soulwars cape, extreme potions, etc). It would be nice to see this guide updated with these in mind.

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

• 1 month later...

Yeah I'm pretty sure Kent quit a while ago.

• 5 months later...

Hey Kent

Glacors are now one of the best charm droppers in the game, especially for blues. This is because it is easy to kill 30+ per hour, they drop 3 charms at a time, and blue charms are the most common from them. And even better, they drop charms nearly every kill (about 4 kills no charms per 30 kills i think).

Anyways, you should really consider adding this to your guide next time you update.

Thanks for the amazing guide, NealolaeN :)