Riots WILL NOT WORK

Trollface

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree 100%. Don't those people stop and look at what they're doing? Sure, it's drawing attention, but the wrong kind! In fact, it will give Jagex an even more reason to not give the Wilderness back. "If those are the people that want the Wilderness back, why should we give it to them?" Don't forget that Player Moderators were requested not to attend or try to settle down these riots. I think the same thing might have been said to Jagex Moderators too. All they are doing to be honest, is wasting time.

Weve already established that the right kind of attention doesnt work either. There are people who are trying to get through to JagEx intelligently, yet fail because it gets swamped by all the other posts in the RSOF.

If the people of a country are all on strike because the taxes are too high, you as a government don't throw those comments away simply because there are made immaturely.

Its a given fact that the mayority of the people arent bright enough to make a statement intelligently, but if they do want to make a statement, you shouldn't ignore them. You listen to them.

Even though the Riots don't make any change, they should bring the matter under the attention of Jagex. Until Jagex finally pulls those MP3 players aside and actually start listening that is.

Now I do know that they are giving us a big free for all arena, but didnt they promise us that in the first half of the year? For all I know is that these updates will happen after that first half of the year. It might be in July, It might be in August.

Final words, Im glad I left Runescape because of the boredome of the current state. If a company is doing these things to its costumerbase then I don't want to be part of the costumer base.

Sorry for every reader of this post that this has turned into a PvP based rant, its pretty much all I think about when I hear Runescape <_<

reaper6zr7.png

Interrested in joining the cabbagy madness? Click here to go to our forums, and say hi ^^

lol one of the biggest pvp updates of the year, and tip it is discussing granite

Riots can grow into the hundreds and even thousands. They could easily grow up to this. The problem is, big fansites like tipit have brainwashed its users into thinking "Its no use. You will get muted. Nothing will change" and therefore not many people come. Also, if you make an event about rioting about the wildy, it gets closed.

Not only the quote I said above but any negative reaction to a wilderness riot. If they want it back, why a negative reaction? Because they are ases and don't really want it back.

Tipit isn't directly responsible fro the brainwash but by closing rioting topics, it greatly contributes.

I have an amazingly great idea that could grow into a 400+ people riot. It involves posting a topic on every fansite and clan forums. it really really can be huge. I just need some people to help me with it. That are optimistic. PM me for more info :D!!!

i hope someone pms me

-Retired from Runescape on August 12, 2008-

Working out topic

Everything related to working out! Ask questions, get honest answers. Share your experiences, work out routines, stories, opinions, and discuss about working out! Everything :). Check it out :)

Riots can grow into the hundreds and even thousands. They could easily grow up to this. The problem is, big fansites like tipit have brainwashed its users into thinking "Its no use. You will get muted. Nothing will change" and therefore not many people come. Also, if you make an event about rioting about the wildy, it gets closed.

Not only the quote I said above but any negative reaction to a wilderness riot. If they want it back, why a negative reaction? Because they are ases and don't really want it back.

Tipit isn't directly responsible fro the brainwash but by closing rioting topics, it greatly contributes.

I have an amazingly great idea that could grow into a 400+ people riot. It involves posting a topic on every fansite and clan forums. it really really can be huge. I just need some people to help me with it. That are optimistic. PM me for more info :D!!!

i hope someone pms me

The buzz about pking has since mostly subsided. Back when BH came out, there was a huge rush of angry pures. Now thses pures, the catalyst behind the riots, have mostly since quit or have gotten over it. Starting a major large scale riot will be much harder than in December. I do not condone the riots, but I do not oppose them either

Riots work, I mean violence solves everything ;)

And also causes a lot of unneeded damage, lag, and swarms of idiotic 12 year old pures screaming [cabbage] Jagex!!!!!! that are wearing pink skirts.

It makes rioters, in general, look like idiots.

The riots have faded.....

*resumes killing waterfiends*

• 2 weeks later...

most of those same players that were in those riots....are still playing

enough said

dallasc779.png

dallasc779.png

"The best of you comes from your heart, not the edge of your sword"

"After hearing that, i don't think bounty hunter is the perfect minigame for you.".

~Dallasc779~

they need to use their brains and figure out for themselves that wildy WONT come back. seriously , who would complain about something 6 months old. they need to really get over it!

saying that, i look forward to the kids growing into old men and still complaining about how wildy should come back

Money_Wasted.png

Honestly, no matter how many people are rioting, the riots end soon or later.

They should realize that the wilderness we knew has gone already.

And if they keep rioting this is what happens :wall: :wall: :

thisiswhathappenswhenyofq2.jpg

Luckily I used another crappy account :) :)

pixelsig.png

nubguy.jpg

R.I.P. Neko :[

5,445,898,965th to 99 Woodcutting

Blogs are dead

Riots wont work but logging out never to return will.

Yeah, but that would be paradoxal :P People riot because they care about the game. And they care too much to log out and never return. But even if people would quit in massive amounts, I don't think jagex would change anything at all. The graphics update is going to get them some replacements.

2480+ total

I agreed with your title, but when I read your post and found that you think that they actually will work if they're organised I wasn't sure whether to laugh or facepalm. Riots irl only work because it's physical violence on other people that is impossible to ignore, I highly doubt that Jagex cares about a collection of pixels in one area of their map. The only people you are inconveniencing by rioting are the rioteres themselves, and perhaps any people who use that world as their homeworld. By making it organised it just causes more inconvenience for payers who have to organise it etc.

Either don't riot or quit.

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

riots wont work but deep down in all of us even skillers we miss the wild even if its a tiny bit

Animaslayer.png

Dragon Drops: Platelegs x9, Med Helms x7, Plateskirts x4, Shield Left Half x3, At least 75+ Boots!, Hatchets x5, Ruined Shard x1, Solo Claws x2, Dragon 2Hander x1, Spear x2

Whip x27, Dark Bows x9, Draconic Visage x1

sweetol5.png <- do that when you see me :P

Jagex isn't ever going to give into rioting... Wouldn't that just send the message that rioting is the way to get things the way you want?

And besides, they're paying Jag to riot :wall:

Agreed. Giving in to a riot (seriously, you'd have to want to give in to do that, it's so easy to ignore them) would be the worst thing they could do, so they'd never do it.

And I do like the paradox of permanently quitting to an ingame update. They don't like the update, so they remove themselves from it. But then it wouldn't affect them so there is no reason why they have quit. Then they don't like the update and quit in protest.

You quit, you want to go back. You go back, you want to quit.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

riots will never work....

its like giving in to terrorists, they will see the weakness and exploit it and soon jagex wont control their game

stupid forums lost my dragon count , well atleast i know i got a d chain from a dusty!

99 Fletch, Late 06

99 Mage, late 07

99 Strength, 29th June 08

99 Hitpoints, 21st August 08

130/138 cmb

sooo close

I remember the first day after wilderness was deleted...Tons and tons of people rioting in varrock square in world 1, must have been 100-200 people, they were spamming so much that i had to hop on a different world to sell my black(g) set!

Now...20 people max rioting in varrock and usually they abandon after 10-15 minutes and go back to skilling :D . In a few months riots will disappear completely and good organisation is not going to change anything.

~New Account~

Disturbedf43.png

Disturbedf43.png