Tri-Brid DK Guide

toast647

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Me and two friends went tonight. Started off a little rough. We kept having Rex spawn on us. We altered strategy and had two people start on prime after Rex was weakened to give us more time for Sup. After that things were working out quite well.

As a team we got two archer ring drops (seeing the price of them shocked me though. had no idea they were down to 6--k), and after we had one guy leave (accidentally teled to trollheim), we duo maged, then I solo maged.

Thanks for the guide. Was very useful in planning our trip.

If you aren't getting through them fast enough, kill them in this order:

Red bar prime -> Kill rex with prime on you -> Kill prime -> Kill supreme -> Red bar prime. Repeat.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I really want to get back into DK'ing, but getting/using guthans is annoying so this seems like a nice step back into the breach.

Cantristenon blood barrage is 4x the cost of CoG or any of the other god spells, so it would be far cheaper just to use scrolls more often.

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Dragon Boots x4 - all less then 30 kc
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

Solo only - doesn't include barrows[/hide][hide=Stats]

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

Do you mean it's cheaper to leave all hides and bones on ground instead of banking them (each kill is worth around 15k+ main drop) and use unicorn for healing instead of banking them all with yak scrolls and use blood barrage for killing rex and healing at same time?

Do you mean it's cheaper to leave all hides and bones on ground instead of banking them (each kill is worth around 15k+ main drop) and use unicorn for healing instead of banking them all with yak scrolls and use blood barrage for killing rex and healing at same time?

3634 vs 767 + 300

Say it takes 5 casts per kill thats 18170 vs 4135.

Say the main drop from rex is 16k (bones + hides) your only making 2k more per kill using blood barrage. Of course if there more then 3 of you your chance of the full drop is less, 3 or less and you'll need to use more casts.

If you add the 392 per scroll your using to bank thats 784 less so your making less then 1k extra per kill based on you only using 5 casts to kill and you never needing more then SGS for prime/supreme.

Is it worth the extra hassle of not being able to heal when you want, having to pick up each drop and having to use scrolls to bank all for 1k per kill?

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

• 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Toast this could do with having the new prayers, new axe and new spells

[hide=Drops]

• Dragon Axe x11
    Berserker Ring x9
    Warrior Ring x8
    Seercull
    Dragon Med
    Godsword Shard (bandos)
    Granite Maul x 3

joe_da_studd.png[/hide]

I might add that Trio is the only effective way to do this. Duo can work, but odds are you won't kill Supreme each round.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I might add that Trio is the only effective way to do this. Duo can work, but odds are you won't kill Supreme each round.

I dunno, do you think two might have been possible if we were both maxed in ranged/melee stats?

I used to duo, but you need a world with under 500 people in it. Unicorn is pretty much required for duo, and SGS helps a lot too if you can afford one. Me and Sxq would duo mage/range and if we had enough time we would kill supreme, or if we got a drop from prime.

cursedtoastsignature.png

Come to #tip-it on Swift IRC, if you're cool

• 10 months later...

I dunno, do you think two might have been possible if we were both maxed in ranged/melee stats?

I used to duo, but you need a world with under 500 people in it. Unicorn is pretty much required for duo, and SGS helps a lot too if you can afford one. Me and Sxq would duo mage/range and if we had enough time we would kill supreme, or if we got a drop from prime.

Why wouldn't you just pray against prime and just kill him when you have time? He's much slower then supreme...

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

Why wouldn't you just pray against prime and just kill him when you have time? He's much slower then supreme...

DK drops (solo/LS): 66 hatchets, 14 archer rings, 13 berserker rings, 17 warrior rings, 12 seerculls, 13 mud staves, 7 seers rings

QBD drops: 1 kite, 2 visages, 4 dragonbone kits, 3 effigies, lots of crossbow parts

CR vs. CLS threads always turn into discussions about penis size.
It's not called a Compensation Longsword for nothing.

I've sent a 12k combat mission to have Aiel assassinated (poor bastard isn't even Pincers-tier difficulty).

DM0Yq2c.png

This guide is like 2 years old

btw blade since dag bones crashed and since d axes crashed, dks are only like 3.5m an hour now at max speed

What about at the recommended minimum levels posted on the original post? What could you expect then?

~ Proud Father ~ Proud (Currently Deployed) Army National Guardsmen ~ Proud Lakota ~ Retired Tip.It Crew ~

Guide is pretty out of date - doesn't include extremes/ovls, new prayers, chaotics, etc.

Still decent profit but soloing is definitely better. A lot of the money comes from the bone/hide drops too.

Could probably still pull 1-2m per hour with minimum stats just from drops I'd imagine.