Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Oh wow, I found another shiny graveler last night, and managed to trade it for an event Darkrai. <3

Now to get my friend over again so that I can put it on my White version.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Soul silver or Heart Gold? I am thinking silver because i had gold on the game body, so it would be cool to try out silver and luiga looks better imo, but you get latias on silver and i have pokemon sapphire. What do you get groudon on?

SUPER.gif

You can get both Lugia and the garden tool bird on Soul Silver, which is also the game you get Latios and Groudon on. Soul Silver really synergises better with Sapphire than Ruby.

EDIT: Latios, not Latias. Thanks Mask.

You guys can censor evade in order to say Ho-oh if you want. ;) The deadline for the current tournaments matches is going to be Sunday June 5th. Should be plenty of time to get those done. :thumbup:

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

You guys can censor evade in order to say Ho-oh if you want. ;) The deadline for the current tournaments matches is going to be Sunday June 5th. Should be plenty of time to get those done. :thumbup:

You're censor evading? REVENGE TIME *spams report mod button*

Just tried battle subway for first time, i always get a 13 win streak then on the 14th they always beat me?

My team is Charizard, Haxorus and Excadrill. Whats wrong with it? I have Latias and three golems also, would they be good?

SUPER.gif

Which train are you doing? Single or Super Single? Oh, first time... So it has to be Single.

That team is going to get beaten up pretty bad by the Subway Boss. I won't give away spoilers but... Char and Exca are going to die pretty fast. In the Subway it's more important to take damage than sweep since you don't get to switch, and what you've got there are three pseudo-sweeps.

Try investing in a bulky sweeper (Magnezone, Salamence) or a tank (Conkeldurr). Of course that's just my opinion, but lack of durability was the glaring weakness in my Sawsbuck-Archeops-Dragonite team.

EDIT: Conkeldurr isn't a sweeper by any stretch of the imagination, lol.

I am going to start ev training for the first time, probably on a larvesta or volcaruna? Say you need 30 special attack points, after each level gained do you just count the amount of special attack points gained until you reach 30?

SUPER.gif

You need 252 EVs total, if you want to max the stat. 4 EVs translate into 1 stat point, so by level 100 your Pokemon will have 64 more points of, say, Special Attack than an untrained one with the same IV. To get 30 points, you'll need 120 EVs, and the most easily farmable Sp.A EVs are from Litwick/Elgeyem (1 each) and Heatmor (2).

You'll have to keep track yourself. My system is to get an attack that you know will 1hko whatever you're training on and count the PP. It won't show the full load until level 100. From level 1 on, you'll just see higher growths in that stat overall.

Some things to look into are the Macho Brace (East gate of Numbasa city in BW), which multiplies EVs gained by 2, and the power items (Add 4 EVS of whatever type the power item is) from the battle subway (16 BP each). If you can get your hands on something with Pokerus, that will double EV gains on top of whatever held item you're using.

All battles that get you EXP also get you EVs, so you have to start as soon as you get the Pokemon. Switching to a stronger one works, though.

Just a small caveat that power items give four additional EVs in the item's respective stat, as well as what you would normally otherwise receive. So:

• A Power Lens (+4 SpA EVs) on a wild Tranquil (2 ATK EVs) results in four SpA and two ATK EVs, not just four SpA EVs.
  • A Power Anklet (+4 SPE EVs) on a wild Basculin (2 SPE EVs) results in six SPE EVs, or rather (4 + 2) SPE EVs.

Also in Generation V, Lv100 Pokemon receive EVs normally even though they technically receive no further EXP once reaching that level.

You need 252 EVs total, if you want to max the stat. 4 EVs translate into 1 stat point, so by level 100 your Pokemon will have 64 more points of, say, Special Attack than an untrained one with the same IV. To get 30 points, you'll need 120 EVs, and the most easily farmable Sp.A EVs are from Litwick/Elgeyem (1 each) and Heatmor (2).

You'll have to keep track yourself. My system is to get an attack that you know will 1hko whatever you're training on and count the PP. It won't show the full load until level 100. From level 1 on, you'll just see higher growths in that stat overall.

Some things to look into are the Macho Brace (East gate of Numbasa city in BW), which multiplies EVs gained by 2, and the power items (Add 4 EVS of whatever type the power item is) from the battle subway (16 BP each). If you can get your hands on something with Pokerus, that will double EV gains on top of whatever held item you're using.

All battles that get you EXP also get you EVs, so you have to start as soon as you get the Pokemon. Switching to a stronger one works, though.

Ye with the power items, the number is a fraction of what it was. With vitamins and power items you only have to kill around 30 litwicks (if you 1 hit)?

I am going to breed a larvesta with the right nature and then ev train it with power items and vitamins and i will switch it out. (252 evs into special attack and 252 into speed and 4 into hp)

SUPER.gif

If i am trying to teach my larvesta hidden power (rock), do teach it rock will this work, after every battle i do teaching it hidden power seeing if it is rock and if not deleting it then doing another battle etc.?

SUPER.gif

Hidden Power's type and power is dictated from the moment you either see the Pokemon in the wild, or receive its egg. It is permanent and cannot be altered at any point because they are calculated from the Pokemon's IVs, which are also permanent. If you have a lot of patience you can breed for specific HP types by IV chaining; there's a fantastic guide on Smogon for Gen IV, for the minor differences between Gen V there's a WIP Breeding Guide on the site's forum.

Sorry for the double post, mobile TIF has no edit feature.

If you want to find out a Pokemon's Hidden Power type, the young man in Mistralton City's Pokemon Centre will tell you its type but not its power. If IV chaining, the Ace Trainer in Gear Station is useful for discovering flawless IVs. You can also use Rare Candies along with Serebii's IV calculator to work out your Pokemon's IVs and calculate the Hidden Power manually, just remember to soft reset after using them. These are the diagnostic tools players use to calculate HP type and power.

If you want to find out a Pokemon's Hidden Power type, the young man in Mistralton City's Pokemon Centre will tell you its type but not its power. If IV chaining, the Ace Trainer in Gear Station is useful for discovering flawless IVs. You can also use Rare Candies along with Serebii's IV calculator to work out your Pokemon's IVs and calculate the Hidden Power manually, just remember to soft reset after using them. These are the diagnostic tools players use to calculate HP type and power.

A better way to diagnose IVs without wasting a ton of time with rare candies is to simply enter a subway match with the pokemon, and it'll have its stats calculated as if it were level 50. This'll give you a range of 2-3 IVs when you throw it into a calculator.

A better way to diagnose IVs without wasting a ton of time with rare candies is to simply enter a subway match with the pokemon, and it'll have its stats calculated as if it were level 50. This'll give you a range of 2-3 IVs when you throw it into a calculator.

Link!

It'd be a good idea to find out what your IVs are before you start EV training, too.