Pokemon Thread

PoorLepRecon

Kcdragon, if you want we can do the trade now.

I'll grab my DS. Hopefully you read this soon.

I'll start the room.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Cool, just found this thread.... I'll have to post my friend code soon.

As for Pokemon Platinum...... never heard of it.... Why do I never hear about these things? I'm assuming it's basically like Crystal and Emerald but for Diamond and Pearl, right?

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

Cool, just found this thread.... I'll have to post my friend code soon.

As for Pokemon Platinum...... never heard of it.... Why do I never hear about these things? I'm assuming it's basically like Crystal and Emerald but for Diamond and Pearl, right?

Yes you are correct. You can chack pokemon news at serebii. There is a link on the first post to the site.

Sing + Weak attacks ownt me.

Lol, you didn't have any items to awaken your pokemon?

You can't use regular items in a standard tournament, only held items. There are better hold items than a berry that wakes you up.

Thanks KC. I havent gotten around to this since the forums lagging on my comp, and I really havent enough time for Tif.

Again thanks. I prolly wont be on tif much anyway.

Btw Credit me ~~ lol.

Oh, sorta quit on pokemon for a while; back into runescape ^_^

Anyway everyone, have fun.

Ah, Idea! I was going to do this on my old PokeVentures, back a while, but the forum was crashed, so I couldn't.

The idea was this:

A chain contest! Highest chain we can record on this without turning off your game, (please dont lie, i doubt there's any way to prove) Will be the winner. Of course, there will be no prizes, unless anyone offers.

And another idea I thought of aswell was if you fight a person that you know from here, you should stake? It works as follows;

Player 1 defeats Player 2 with 3 pokemon out of 6 left; Since they agree'd on a $-,000 stake, player 2 must trade an item over to player 1 via (lame pokemon holding). Hoping this would work, since the tif community has more friends than foes. :)

But since I have given my rights of PokeVentures to KC, he can change it to simply "Pokeventures" if he wants.

P.S. Shiny Chainers (who trade extra shinies) Make a list. :wall:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Thanks KC. I havent gotten around to this since the forums lagging on my comp, and I really havent enough time for Tif.

Again thanks. I prolly wont be on tif much anyway.

Btw Credit me ~~ lol.

Oh, sorta quit on pokemon for a while; back into runescape ^_^

Anyway everyone, have fun.

Ah, Idea! I was going to do this on my old PokeVentures, back a while, but the forum was crashed, so I couldn't.

The idea was this:

A chain contest! Highest chain we can record on this without turning off your game, (please dont lie, i doubt there's any way to prove) Will be the winner. Of course, there will be no prizes, unless anyone offers.

And another idea I thought of aswell was if you fight a person that you know from here, you should stake? It works as follows;

Player 1 defeats Player 2 with 3 pokemon out of 6 left; Since they agree'd on a $-,000 stake, player 2 must trade an item over to player 1 via (lame pokemon holding). Hoping this would work, since the tif community has more friends than foes. :)

But since I have given my rights of PokeVentures to KC, he can change it to simply "Pokeventures" if he wants.

P.S. Shiny Chainers (who trade extra shinies) Make a list. :wall:

Lol I got my Castform chain to 50 after catching a 5th shiny, but then I got bored and flew away.

A fairly easy way to prove your best chains would be to take a photo of your radar screen. You get a Poketech App. that basically lists your three best chains ever, the amount they are at, and your current chain (if one exists).

No one here battles either. :( I'd love to test out either of my two teams against some people here.

Sorry for not giving you credit Ray, I edited in a message at the bottom of the first post giving you credit for starting the thread.

Soma, I don't have a team to really use. I could battle you with my ingame team, but they suck, plus i use Dialga lol :roll:

I could make a team, but I really don't feel like EV training, so they would not be the best pokes to fight against, I have ideas on what I want in my team, so I guess I could start training them.

Ah, another idea. KC, you should update the first post with gamers' names and codes, etc, so they can fight eachother :P.

But if you dont want to I could always take Pokeventures off your hands.. :lol: 8-)

Oh, and uhh, ty for credit :P didnt have to but, meh.

When should I start EV training? 1st Gym badge or 2nd? :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

And, for starters, is this a gud team:

Turtwig

Starly

Geodude

Machop

Abra

Charmander (or Infernape)

Remember, this is pre 1st badge lol. :ugeek:

I dont need a siggy no moar.

Ah, another idea. KC, you should update the first post with gamers' names and codes, etc, so they can fight eachother :P.

But if you dont want to I could always take Pokeventures off your hands.. :lol: 8-)

When should I start EV training? 1st Gym badge or 2nd? :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Turtwig

Starly

Geodude

Machop

Abra

Don't EV until you've actually beaten the game, gotten the national dex, and collected the majority of the TMs. EVing takes a lot of effort and planning, and often requires breeding as well, for nature + egg moves. Since you can't really deal with that in an efficient manner before you have the pokeradar, access to Ditto, Smeargle, and numerous other Pokemon, and you probably don't have a PvP team planned, wait until later.

Try just beating the game for once Ray. :P You can worry about making an awesome team later.

Turtwig

Starly

Geodude

Machop

Abra

Ray, no one has given me their code yet so there is nothing to update it with lol. :lol:

Soma, if you don't care about me using an uber, I will battle you with my ingame team. I'll get owned, but you will atleast get to battle.

I want to get in on this pokeaction. Test my team against a real person's. I'll post my code later.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Dialga doesn't bother me. I'm not sure how I'd kill it yet but I'll find a way.

And honestly, my team isn't that good either. Don't be surprised if you tear right through it.

well ok then. I see your online now so I'll pm and see if we can battle.

Good game KcDragon.

In case you were wondering, Shiva's ability and item both increase evasion. That's why your waterfall and dragon claw both missed despite 100% accuracy. She has exactly enough hitpoints so that she can use substitute 4 times, leaving her with 2 HP. Blizzard was PP Maxed to 8... which proved to be insufficient, hence why I had to switch out against your giant turtle. Lol.

I looked up on Serebii while we were battling your Frosslas's ability. I figured that was why I kept missing. Didn't think about an accuracy affecting move. Does a snowstorm increase blizzards accuracy to 100%, like rain dance does to thunder?

I knew I would get owned lol. Only reason you lost one was because you decided to blow up my turtle lol. Only took it to half health though :D

Good game. I plan on making a team that can actually fight, rather than this useless ingame team of mine.

I looked up on Serebii while we were battling your Frosslas's ability. I figured that was why I kept missing. Didn't think about an accuracy affecting move. Does a snowstorm increase blizzards accuracy to 100%, like rain dance does to thunder?

I knew I would get owned lol. Only reason you lost one was because you decided to blow up my turtle lol. Only took it to half health though :D

Good game. I plan on making a team that can actually fight, rather than this useless ingame team of mine.

Yes, Hail increases Blizzard to 100%, which is why like half of my team carries Blizzard lol. And yea, if it wasn't for burn, Diamond probably would've taken down your turtle. Burn cuts physical attack by half though, so yea.

Snow Cloak reduces your accuracy to 80%. Brightpowder takes another 10% off making it 72%. What's scary is, have you finished off Shiva, I have another pokemon with exactly the same ability / item to come in lol.

Yeah, I was lucky my Rapidash could do something useful other than faint lol.

So you have a water team now and an ice team now? You seem to like to have teams of the same type of pokemon.

Yeah, I was lucky my Rapidash could do something useful other than faint lol.

So you have a water team now and an ice team now? You seem to like to have teams of the same type of pokemon.

No kidding.

I'm considering an electric team, but this would be a problem. I'd be VERY tempted to make it only 4 electric types. If I do so, my lineup will likely resemble this:

Zapdos

Pikachu

Electivire

Rotom

Gyarados

Bronzong

Why not put a lanturn and a Probopass in there to finish your electric team. I know Lanturn is in a lower tier than the rest (prob. UU but I'm not sure) and Probopass is a good rock/steel type that knows electric moves. (again not sure on his tier but may be BL)

But Gyrados is pretty useful and so is Bronzong, so they are good additions to your team anyways.

I recently helped host a Pokémon tournament in the toy store I used to work in. At my suggestion they split it up in two age classes (eleven and under, twelve and over), which turned out to be a great decision. The younger kids had loads of fun and spent the entire afternoon playing with each other, trading, socializing, etc.; the older kids were, to a man, for lack of a better word, [puncture]s. First of all there were no girls there, and everybody was constantly bragging and boasting. I had to disqualify three kids for using hacked Pokémon. The most blatant one was a shiny Infernape caught in a masterball with 255 EVs in every stat. In the end I had an exhibition match with both winners. I beat the older kid with my rain dance team, but let the younger one beat me.

I recently helped host a Pokémon tournament in the toy store I used to work in. At my suggestion they split it up in two age classes (eleven and under, twelve and over), which turned out to be a great decision. The younger kids had loads of fun and spent the entire afternoon playing with each other, trading, socializing, etc.; the older kids were, to a man, for lack of a better word, [puncture]s. First of all there were no girls there, and everybody was constantly bragging and boasting. I had to disqualify three kids for using hacked Pokémon. The most blatant one was a shiny Infernape caught in a masterball with 255 EVs in every stat. In the end I had an exhibition match with both winners. I beat the older kid with my rain dance team, but let the younger one beat me.

Reminds me of a Gamestop tourney I went to. Most of the competitors were total douchebags, nearly all of them used ubers, and yet my team wiped the floor with them. They thought I was hacking because my Garchomp has 397 attack and 301 speed(boosted to 452 with choice scarf) and I swept most of their teams with it... except the few that knew about EV's and stuff like that. I swapped out my 'Chomp off the team and swapped in Lucario, and did a REALLY long chain of baton passes, to where Lucario would horribly destroy them.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

How many people are planning on getting Deoxys this weekend at participating Gamestop stores? I think I will be able to get it.