Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
PoorLepRecon

Pokemon Thread

Two versions. Black 2 and White 2. We get a Resiram/Zekrom fusion with Kyerum. It will NOT be for the 3DS.

It will NOT be for the 3DS.

Which is completely ridiculous. I want Pokemon in 3D.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

pokmon-get-access-to-all-the-regions.png

Maybe they'll make a larger area...

Also, this.

pokmon-favorite-type-of-eevee-pokemon.jpg

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

No to the new Eeveelutions. All of Eevee's evolutions resist their own type because they evolved so that they could live comfortably in a certain type of environment. The only additionaly Eeveelutions that would fit would be a Poison type and a Steel type. A Ghost or Dragon type would be suicide for Eevee.

lighviolet1lk4.jpg

We get a Resiram/Zekrom fusion with Kyerum.

Sounds like that thing from Digimon.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Eh, we still have the potential Hoenn remakes. That region in 3d... =P~

eusa_drool.gif YES! eusa_drool.gif

People complaining about the new games needing 3DS is like people complaining about the game advancement from GB to GBA.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

Wonder what typings the fusions will have since unless they make their first 3-typed pokemon one of the typings will have to go. I hope it's Ice/Fire and Ice/Electric, no more Dragon types please GF :pray:

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

I find it really odd that they aren't releasing it on the 3DS, i can't help but feel nintendo is kind of loosing a massive opportunity in boosting the sales right now. I guess monster hunter gave them a lot of leeway in japan...

Still, black and White 2? Holy crap, i guess they ran out of colours. But whats really surprising is the reshikyurem and the zekyurem. Fusions? Alternate forms?

Also, will this be a new generation alltoghether or a thrid entry? So much left unanswered. Probably a third version though, i refuse to think they'd be dumb enough to not release the 6th gen on the DS.

Pretty sure it's just nintendo trying to milk the pokemon franchise a little more by releasing 2 games instead of the normal 1. It'll be interesting to see what they are doing to distinguish it from the standard white/black.

Saw this earlier today.

giovannihero.jpg

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Damn, that reshiram/kyurem fusion looks ugly as all hell. I'm a fan of the Zekrom one myself..

Damn, that reshiram/kyurem fusion looks ugly as all hell. I'm a fan of the Zekrom one myself..

I like Reshiram more than Zekrom, but I will agree with your statement on this one.

Has anyone played competitively recently? I stopped for about 8 months or so (after Blaziken was banned but before Excadrill was) and just decided to read about the recent trends. Some I don't understand though:

Tentacruel: What does it accomplish this metagame that it didn't before? Is it just a Scizor check that can work on stall teams?

Lucario: Did Excadrill being unbanned ruin its usage that much? Doesn't take advantage of weather, can be easily hard countered depending on the set, and just seems underwhelming.

Infernape: Just a replacement for Blaziken?

Donphan: Why is this thing good all of a sudden?

Jellicent: How is this thing still OU? So underwhelming. I don't get why you would ever pick this thing with a well built team. It tries to do too many things at once and just fails. Really hate this Pokemon and don't get why it's popular when something like Slowbro is better (can't spin block though. Is it that important this metagame with a few rapid spinners in OU?).

Blissey and Chansey: Recent usage has them at 32nd overall and 46th overall respectively. Why has the premier special wall gone so far down in usage?

Mamoswine: I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Mamoswine. But really? It's still OU?

Hydreigon: #36 in usage. Do other dragons outclass it that much?

Gastrodon: Kind of makes sense seeing how few grass types there are in OU, but really? I thought it would die down after hearing about Blaziken/Excadrill getting the boot. What does it still do?

Alakazam: This one is the biggest mind boggle to me. It got nothing this gen and Scizor/Tyranitar are still in the top 4 of OU. How is this thing OU? What does it do that Latios can't? I just don't get how this thing is OU this gen when there are more, and better Psychic types now available in OU. I just don't understand it.

Dugtrio: Same question... really?

Mostly just want answered: how do these things fit in the current meta? Is it still a weather war and (for example) Donphan/Tentacruel fit nicely on sun teams? Or has the weather war died down to where something like Lucario can still be a big threat without Gliscor/Ghost types in the mix.

25zhwts.png

[email protected] - EoS Former Leader - Message if you need anything

Alakazam got Magic Guard an ability that blocks all damage that isn't dealt directly. On a sweeper.

Donphan is basically a Hippowdon with Rapid Spin.

Storm Drain got a huge buff. Gastrodon is the most viable user.

Hydreigon is put into a tier with 3 former ubers who even got buffs this generation.

Mamoswine is an Ice type with Thick Fat. Was already so awesome.

Jellicent's typing is quite good.

I have no ideas on your other questions. :3

76561198012301951.png

Pretty sure it's just nintendo trying to milk the pokemon franchise a little more by releasing 2 games instead of the normal 1. It'll be interesting to see what they are doing to distinguish it from the standard white/black.

Saw this earlier today.

2 game instead of the usual 1? In my time they'd get 3 games out at the same time.

I legally own the Silver version, but it doesn't hold the save anymore due to the battery being dead. I did something funny though. I downloaded the ROM and was playing it on the TV with a Xbox controller. Emulators FTW.

Saw this earlier today.

2 game instead of the usual 1? In my time they'd get 3 games out at the same time.

I legally own the Silver version, but it doesn't hold the save anymore due to the battery being dead. I did something funny though. I downloaded the ROM and was playing it on the TV with a Xbox controller. Emulators FTW.

I never remember Nintendo releasing 3 pokemon games at the same time. It's always the first two of a generation, and then a special 3rd version that combines the differences of the two somehow.

I'll be interested in buying whatever version allows actual Pokemon battling online. The random Wifi crap just gives you 10-year-olds that leave as soon as you kill one of their Pokemon, and the "pro" Nintendo rules are ridiculously biased and render Pokemon that are dependent on stat-reducing moves completely useless. I can't use my Starmie that has Scald, Recover, Cosmic Power, and Minimize off the basis that it's too unfair, but IV-hacking a Chandelure that can one-shot everything is fine? I mean, there's moves like Haze, Mind Reader, and Sheer Cold for a reason.

/vent

And mvoes like Sheer Cold and minimize are also banned in competitive play.. for a reason.

Yes, because putting a one hit ko on a tank is fair.

A battle shouldn't be based on a roll of the dice either.

76561198012301951.png

By that logic critical hits should disabled as well, which I'm all for. I hate critical hits. One lucky crit can negate all of your efforts in an entire match.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Yes. It is still a weather war. Non-weather teams are still very good because they don't rely on abusing one aspect of the game. You just have to know how to deal with these weather abusing threads accordingly.

By that logic critical hits should disabled as well, which I'm all for. I hate critical hits. One lucky crit can negate all of your efforts in an entire match.

Less prevalent, as the only time they are useful are when you wouldn't have killed said target. Also, a double edged sword.

76561198012301951.png

I never got around to finishing White and I'm genuinely disappointed that there's a) 2 new games and b) it's not called grey/gray. I've pretty much left Pokemon - at least the new games.

Now excuse me, I'm off to play my Pokemon Crystal on my pink GB Advance.

umilambdaberncgsig.jpg

I edit for the [Tip.It Times]. I rarely write in [My Blog]. I am an [Ex-Moderator].