Due to the significant updates that have taken place, you now need to login with your display name or e-mail address, NOT your login name. ×
Due to posts that are 5+ years old being rebuilt, some of the older BBCodes may not have converted properly but still be in the post. Most posts are unaffected but some using what was our custom BBCode (like [spoiler]) will be a bit broken. ×
Caxis

Smash Club.

Just so we can be clear are you in an NTSC region (North America) or a PAL region (Europe and Austrailia)?

I live in South Carolina

so america

arcane_stew.png

Hypocrite. You tell others to be nice then attempt to murder people. Nice going, you just failed life.

God damn it Gallade how the HELL do you spell Australia wrong?

I dont need a siggy no moar.

God damn it Gallade how the HELL do you spell Australia wrong?

Ok I added an extra i big deal. No I do not know how I spelled it wrong. :|

umvc3_sig3.jpgTokiHakurei-SatellizerelBridget2.png

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

You amaricens.

You amaricens.

I love you, too.

Click the "Signed in as..." go to Manage ignored users, copy paste Toki_Hakurei.

I'm pretty sure having boobs is the most broken super power anyone can ever have. 0_0

I wish Caxis would come and rename the thread to Smash Club. :|

Im thinking of buying Melee and taking off Brawl+.

Ok buying Melee is fine but don't take off Brawl+.

Why? B+ wrecks both games.

Why? B+ wrecks both games.

Explain that to me.

I don't think Brawl+ wrecks either games in any ways. As of it's current state, Brawl+ has a few problems it has to work out. vBrawl and Brawl have a much deeper metagame and Brawl+ constantly fixing gameplay could be considered a disadvantage because it literally destroys all the metagame built up to that point.

[Summoning guide (AOW)] [Slayer guide] [Melee & Brawl player]

inuyashakent-2.png

Brawl+ is between Brawl and Melee. Playing Brawl+, then going to play, say, Brawl or Melee, you will be extremely bad at playing the game for quite a while.

I also feel that Melee > Brawl + - So, I'd rather play one speedy game and one defensive game rather than 1 speedy game, 1 defensive game and 1 rip off of the speedy game. :|

EDIT: Lol, if you dont notice how badly Brawl+ will affect both games if you play all 3 you need to knuckle down and check yourselves.

I never said I didnt like brawl +.

I wouldn't say Brawl+ is a rip off. It's more like a hybrid of both games' mechanics working in unison. It brings back old style dash dancing and you are allowed to face the opposite way of the ledge and still grab it.

Oh, it is a rip off of Melee. If there was no Melee, there would be no Brawl +.

Oh, it is a rip off of Melee. If there was no Melee, there would be no Brawl +.

And as usual I am unable to change your mind. -.-

What the HELL is your problem? I'd rather play normal Brawl, and normal Melee, without destroying my skills on Brawl and soon-to-be mediocre skills on Melee.

It wrecks your skills.

Wrecks... I doubt that. It's pretty much instinct when you play as much as we all have. There's no way that you can think, analyze, and come with a smart solution to counter your opponents tactics in 1/6th of a second (average gamers reaction time IIRC). And as such, you don't really lose that, but it takes a while to get back.

And Brawl+ is NOT a Melee rip off. It started off by trying to become more fast paced and competitive, so they tried wavedashing and L-canceling BECAUSE IT WORKED BEFORE. It didn't. So, they kept patching it up until everything seemed to work. What, you expected Brawl+ to just magically start from nowhere and end up where it is now?

I wouldn't say Brawl+ is a rip off. It's more like a hybrid of both games' mechanics working in unison. It brings back old style dash dancing and you are allowed to face the opposite way of the ledge and still grab it.

I would just say it's a modified vBrawl.

And Ray... I'll warn you now, but you will not get good at Melee unless you have people who are willing to play you a lot, and are good. People who are good at a competitive level. You have to learn how to predict DI, apply AT's, and general experience you can't obtain without playing people at or above your level. Most people don't have that.

Obviously... these are my opinions.

inuyashakent-2.png

Wrecks... I doubt that. It's pretty much instinct when you play as much as we all have. There's no way that you can think, analyze, and come with a smart solution to counter your opponents tactics in 1/6th of a second (average gamers reaction time IIRC). And as such, you don't really lose that, but it takes a while to get back.

Trust me. It affects it hard. Even the almighty Mew2king would have a bit of trouble.

And Brawl+ is NOT a Melee rip off. It started off by trying to become more fast paced and competitive, so they tried wavedashing and L-canceling BECAUSE IT WORKED BEFORE. It didn't. So, they kept patching it up until everything seemed to work. What, you expected Brawl+ to just magically start from nowhere and end up where it is now?

Err that made no sense. You said it started off by testing stuff, then said it was based on nothing.

If Melee wasnt there, Brawl+ wouldnt be here. I'm really getting tired of people saying its not a ripoff of Melee, majoritively (if thats a word..) it is. Auto L cancelling for the noobs. No auto edgegrabbing, and the hitstun is quite the same. Not to mention Falcon jumps further than Sonic even though air acceleration is based on running speed.

Bias. Melee ripoff.

And Ray... I'll warn you now, but you will not get good at Melee unless you have people who are willing to play you a lot, and are good. People who are good at a competitive level. You have to learn how to predict DI, apply AT's, and general experience you can't obtain without playing people at or above your level. Most people don't have that.

Obviously... these are my opinions.

Note words: soon-to-be mediocre skills.

Mediocre is nowhere NEAR tournament skill.

Trust me. It affects it hard. Even the almighty Mew2king would have a bit of trouble.

I just played Brawl, it hasn't effected me... I guess it depends on the person, then.

Err that made no sense. You said it started off by testing stuff, then said it was based on nothing.

Nono I said sarcastically if you expected Brawl+ to come from nothing.

If Melee wasnt there, Brawl+ wouldnt be here. I'm really getting tired of people saying its not a ripoff of Melee, majoritively (if thats a word..) it is. Auto L cancelling for the noobs. No auto edgegrabbing, and the hitstun is quite the same. Not to mention Falcon jumps further than Sonic even though air acceleration is based on running speed.

Ermm... this doesn't matter. If Smash64 wasn't there, Brawl wouldn't be here. And they have nothing to do with each other at a competitive level. As for the similarities, even if Melee didn't exist, it's common sense to add those. Think about it. In every other fighter game, faster attacks and hitstun adds to the competitiveness of a game.

And... air mobility has NOTHING NADA ZICH to do with running speed. Yoshi, Wario, and jigglypuff have the best air mobility in Brawl. In the same game, all 3 have mediocre running speeds.

Note words: soon-to-be mediocre skills.

Mediocre is nowhere NEAR tournament skill.

And when you hit past a mediocre level...? And what skills could you possibly ruin if you're still mediocre. :XD:

inuyashakent-2.png

1. You havent played Brawl + for more than 3 days. I said if you play Brawl+ competitively. Which, atm does not have a very large competitive following.

2.Righto

3. You dont get it? If melee wasnt there, then there would be no stupid pointless hacking of a perfectly fine game.

And people complained Smash64 had too much hitstun and all this crap - then they got Melee and complained it was too little, few months later they find out it was 'perfect', they get brawl and say Melee was better. Completely different games.

Brawl shouldnt be engineered to be a fast paced game.

Oh, and Wario has the fastest air acceleration in the game, not top air movement - Air acceleration is moving before the perfect height of your jump. And according to the Brawl+ thread I read a while back, running momentum = air acceleration. Falcons is faster than Sonic. Not right. Just not right.

4. Mediocre needs skill. On Melee anyway. There's no spamming grenades or tilt spam on the edge.

3. You dont get it? If melee wasnt there, then there would be no stupid pointless hacking of a perfectly fine game.

And people complained Smash64 had too much hitstun and all this crap - then they got Melee and complained it was too little, few months later they find out it was 'perfect', they get brawl and say Melee was better. Completely different games.

Well... if you mean they had no reason to do so, then that could be right. But just because Melee shows how slow Brawl is, doesn't mean it's a Melee clone. Japan saw how it should industrialize because the Europeans and US were dominating before WW1. Does that make Japan a US/Europe clone?

Brawl shouldnt be engineered to be a fast paced game.

It obviously could be, as shown by Brawl+.

Oh, and Wario has the fastest air acceleration in the game, not top air movement - Air acceleration is moving before the perfect height of your jump. And according to the Brawl+ thread I read a while back, running momentum = air acceleration. Falcons is faster than Sonic. Not right. Just not right.

Air mobility, not air acceleration. You forgot the jump height of each character (longer jump = farther jumps) and... air "acceleration" =/= momentum. They lied to you.

4. Mediocre needs skill. On Melee anyway. There's no spamming grenades or tilt spam on the edge.

Isn't mediocre a lack of skill? If you're mediocre in Melee, you'll be spamming fsmashes with Marth, no? And... it's called mindgames.

inuyashakent-2.png

1. Dont understand

2. It shouldnt be. And it still isnt fast.

3. No, Air acceleration is dependant on Running momentum (speed), which means Sonic should technically move the fastest in the air until he reaches the point of his jump, not Falcon.

Mediocre is average. I said soon to be, I never played melee unless you include the 'as fun' with items and stuff when I was around 9

I wish Caxis would come and rename the thread to Smash Club. :|

Im thinking of buying Melee and taking off Brawl+.

I will if no one else has a problem with it...

Does this mean you are coming back to Tip It?

I dont think Caxis have ever left.

There's often "One member browsing this forum: RayOxide - one guest.

Ok listen playing a different variant of the same game will not kill your skills but it can make you a little bit rusty and how do you solve that? It's simple: practice.

And here is a Fierce Deity Marth avatar:

fiercedeitymarthavatar.jpg