Misunderstood Monsters: Wyverns and more!

Erichermit

@Ryderj: Yes, they can. Melee Familiars can hit Aviansies, they can hurt slayer monsters that you can't kill yet, and they can hurt Turoth.

They can't hit through prayer though, so no using melee familiar to hurt KQ second form.

Gonpost has donated his Terrorbird to my guide, which has now been Archived. Thanks Gonpost!

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Ryderj: Yes, they can. Melee Familiars can hit Aviansies, they can hurt slayer monsters that you can't kill yet, and they can hurt Turoth.

So, let me get this straight...Familars can kill monsters you can't even hurt yet. :lol:

Need a new signature....perhaps...

Yeah. Familiars can even kill the Drunken Dwarf and other random events that fight you but you can't fight back (like the pirate and highwayman.)

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

My warped terror bird guide is now here. I just wanted to verify that I did indeed tell erichermit to put my guide here.

I'm a big fan of the "misunderstood monsters" concept, so I want them all to be grouped together. Enjoy. :)

And erichermit, feel free to edit the terror bird guide if you want to.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Btw, standing outside of cave in that spot will make them be unaggressive when you go in. I just stood there for about 20 min, walked in and they were unaggressive.

clbqf5.jpg

Dragon drops: D med x3, D Spear x2, Left Half x1, D2h x1

Crawling Hands X4, Cockatrice heads X2, Basilisk head X2, Kurask head X1

Support me in the drop race

I personally dont recomment ranging wyverns. It takes a painfully long amount of time. You can keep from ever being hit ranging as long as you have long range going though. I use mele with dfs, whip, black mask (or slayer helm), super set, prayer pots, mele prayers and piety and absolutley own them quickly. Were talking 10 second kills here. Well, you could continue to range them and take 5min per kill if you want to.

limdog.png

77347892nd7.png

55065592jj9.png

98801063gb1.png

For whoever wanted the picture of this.

[img=http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/8756/77347892nd7.png]

[img=http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/3395/55065592jj9.png]

[img=http://img295.imageshack.us/img295/1174/98801063gb1.png]

I personally dont recomment ranging wyverns. It takes a painfully long amount of time. You can keep from ever being hit ranging as long as you have long range going though. I use mele with dfs, whip, black mask (or slayer helm), super set, prayer pots, mele prayers and piety and absolutley own them quickly. Were talking 10 second kills here. Well, you could continue to range them and take 5min per kill if you want to.

Hmm... Maybe I should write a melee guide about them!

Oh wait.

Sorry if that seemed rude, but please read my entire guide before posting something like that, I actually do enjoy melee more and half the wyvern guide is about how I think that melee is better.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

It's decent. You would hope for more but as long as you get enough bones to pay for food then it's all good.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

what monsters does no-one like to slay, zygomites? or maybe some other monsters, try a way to slay em with profit

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

Zygomites, actually, drop very many strawberry seeds. Killing them fast enough, you can get a ton. When they came out, I killed a bunch and got a k of strawberry seeds. :P

I did a task of Wyverns using Bandos and I was getting 20+ kills per run. Do you want pictures of the set up or anything?

50fm6.png

Well, I already did add a section in the equipment reccomending Bandos, I'm pretty sure most of the extra kills comes from the ability to use slayer task bonus and higher combat levels for you, but if you would like to I wouldn't mind adding your picture to my guide.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

My warped terror bird guide is now here. I just wanted to verify that I did indeed tell erichermit to put my guide here.

I'm a big fan of the "misunderstood monsters" concept, so I want them all to be grouped together. Enjoy. :)

And erichermit, feel free to edit the terror bird guide if you want to.

Already used two of the guides.

Got granite legs on my first 60 wyvern kills ever (slayer task). However, I still find it pretty slow to range em. Really easy to safespot phillip if they are unagressive. Quick spawns, so you can just stick on one.

Right now, I'm at terrorbirds and doing pretty fine. Got a 199 task, so brought a lot of pray pots and the juggling of drops is keeping me on the tip of my toes. Bunyip at 87 def, super potted, works fine, however, sometimes you have to wait for those extra food drops (and other times, you have too many, pretty annoying :D). All in all, it seems good drops (already got 2 warhammers and 150 tar in 30 min) but the fights are pretty intense.

Thansk a lot

I wanted to thank you for enlightening me on these superior Warped Terrorbird killing methods. They totally owned my old way of doing the tasks, which made to switch from absolutely hating this assignment to liking is as fast Slayer exp. However, the drops still suck by comparision to other Durial Slayer Tasks.

I'd rank Warped Terrorbirds as the 2nd worst Slayer Task from Duriel, second only to Black Demons.

That said, I'm not going to blacklist them - they are fast exp if you follow this guide.

Final thought, Earmuffs help against Warped Terrorbird screaming attacks. While these attacks are completely neutralized by praying against Range, it is still worth mentioning for anyone brave enough to wear tons of armor and not pray. Fortunately, the new Slayer Helmets have both Black Masks and Earmuffs built right in!

I wanted to thank you for enlightening me on these superior Warped Terrorbird killing methods. They totally owned my old way of doing the tasks, which made to switch from absolutely hating this assignment to liking is as fast Slayer exp. However, the drops still suck by comparision to other Durial Slayer Tasks.

I'd rank Warped Terrorbirds as the 2nd worst Slayer Task from Duriel, second only to Black Demons.

That said, I'm not going to blacklist them - they are fast exp if you follow this guide.

Final thought, Earmuffs help against Warped Terrorbird screaming attacks. While these attacks are completely neutralized by praying against Range, it is still worth mentioning for anyone brave enough to wear tons of armor and not pray. Fortunately, the new Slayer Helmets have both Black Masks and Earmuffs built right in!

Really? Wow! I'll add a note in at the bottom.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Erm, black demons are AMAZING crimson charm droppers, and really good xp too. Just pray melee with proselyte, you break more than even.

One more thing on terrorbirds, had a 199 tasks, and have to say, had amazing loot:

600+ swamp tar

3 rune warhammars

1 rune kite

150 death runes

60 law runes

Bolt tips of all sorts (total worth around 20k, didnt have that many)

probably more, I cant remember it all.

Anyway, my ppots were paid more than back.

Hey smartme,

I tried earmuffs out on the birds once. They basically reduced the damage the birds dealt by 1/2, but I found them to still hit too often. I guess you could try, but I wasn't able to cope with that. If you get an enclosed area w/ only two birds (like the cannon area), I could see you maybe pulling that off. Maybe.

Runescape Name: "unbug07"

sunsig6yg.png

Expand your mind.

Hey remember me? i suggested the melee method.

Add in there that if you want you can toggle piety on and off it will make a HHUUUGGEEE difference increasing kills per trip by at least 10 and also making kills alot faster, about 1 per min, that means 60 per hour. It doen't use much prayer but can get annoying to do after ahwile.

Also fariy rings is a must if you are keeping bones or you can do this. Tele to al-kharid (ring of dueling or glory) run down to shantay pass and restock then threaten to kill shanty and dont pay 5gp, he will then send you to prison in port sarim, picklock the door and you are almost there! Handy for people who can't use fairy rings.

Also i take a house tele for my one click tele, i can recharge prayer mounted glory to edge bank and then fariy rings back. very quick banking 2-3 mins is all it takes.

Arzian.png

Hey remember me? i suggested the melee method.

Add in there that if you want you can toggle piety on and off it will make a HHUUUGGEEE difference increasing kills per trip by at least 10 and also making kills alot faster, about 1 per min, that means 60 per hour. It doen't use much prayer but can get annoying to do after ahwile.

Also fariy rings is a must if you are keeping bones or you can do this. Tele to al-kharid (ring of dueling or glory) run down to shantay pass and restock then threaten to kill shanty and dont pay 5gp, he will then send you to prison in port sarim, picklock the door and you are almost there! Handy for people who can't use fairy rings.

Also i take a house tele for my one click tele, i can recharge prayer mounted glory to edge bank and then fariy rings back. very quick banking 2-3 mins is all it takes.

Do you have to bring extra prayer pots for toggling piety? Never done it and I'm quite curious. Could you elaborate a bit on the timing etc. Thanks