Misunderstood Monsters: Wyverns and more!

Erichermit

99 prayer gets me through 25 kills so i guees you could bring 1 if you are lower.

The timing is hard to describe, you gotta start it when your winding up to attack and you take it off bascily as you are hitting. Does that make sense?

I might make a gif later if i have time.

Arzian.png

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

99 prayer gets me through 25 kills so i guees you could bring 1 if you are lower.

The timing is hard to describe, you gotta start it when your winding up to attack and you take it off bascily as you are hitting. Does that make sense?

Just tried it out and it worked perfect. The difference is AMAZING, like dark and light. First trip I made like 16-20 kills. This trip, when i tried out toggling piety halfway, I got 26 kills. Works wonders, and drains very slow (80 prayer)

Thank you so much.

EDIT: had another task so I can give better numbers now:

I can do 30 wyverns a trip (using terrorbird and bunyip) and the trip takes around 40 minutes, if not less (+-25 min used on my bunyip timer + however long I'm fighting with my terrorbird). The crimson charm count per hour is also pretty amazing. I'd estimate it around 50, if not more. (thats when using slayer helmet)

Conclusion: toggling piety is an absolute must to fight these. Cant wait to use it for fighting iron dragons and such.

[hide=Quotes]

Just tried it out and it worked perfect. The difference is AMAZING, like dark and light. First trip I made like 16-20 kills. This trip, when i tried out toggling piety halfway, I got 26 kills. Works wonders, and drains very slow (80 prayer)

Thank you so much.

EDIT: had another task so I can give better numbers now:

I can do 30 wyverns a trip (using terrorbird and bunyip) and the trip takes around 40 minutes, if not less (+-25 min used on my bunyip timer + however long I'm fighting with my terrorbird). The crimson charm count per hour is also pretty amazing. I'd estimate it around 50, if not more. (thats when using slayer helmet)

Conclusion: toggling piety is an absolute must to fight these. Cant wait to use it for fighting iron dragons and such.

[/hide]

Good to know someone realizes its usefullness, i use it for all metal drags(including mith) and alot of slayer tasks. It's better then just staring at a screen.

Also if you get a fire cape and 99 att you will find that the charm rate is like 70 crimsons per hour. Huge profit and 70 crimsons an hour, amazing eh?

Arzian.png

I was having trouble actually managing to toggle piety. I was able to toggle prot mage on spiritual mages but couldnt really figure out how to do it with piety.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little tip for traveling to the wyverns:

Set your house to Rimmy and teleport there.

Or glory tele to al-kharid (bank there) go to Shantay, get yourself jailed :lol: and sent to max security Port Sarim prison. Then lockpick your way out of your cage 8-)

Dunno if the second option's worth it... but it's a nice change of scenery.

dorcus0.png

"The best defence is to stay out of range" - French proverb

Bad luck happens. Learn and get over it.

Ok a few things i want to know.

Will the wyverns become agressive again when going to pick up the drop?

Does accumilator work when safespotted or will all bolts go on floor?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

hey you may want to update your guide about turoths a bit more as leaf-bladed swords are now worth 350k each at mid-price which is a fiar bit more than a dragon scimitar.

[spoiler=Sig]oliboli1992.png

Oliboli1992.png

I like to think of the Dark Bow like a Rocket Propelled Grenade (RPG) - you get one shot and then you're screwed.

:thumbsup:

very nice guides.

I've got a tip for if you're ever gonna make a terrordog guide,

a. the slayer ring can tele you right next to them.

b. when i had them as a task(only vannaka assigns them, and i use duradel now :P ), i always ranged them.

If you stand in the corner right when you enter, they would often safespot themself, and blocking other terrordogs from attacking you.

I was quite a low level back then, so melee may be a viable option for them(just avoid getting piled, which is easy tbh).

And they do get unagressive after a while(unless they changed that but I doubt it).

Edit: if you want I can write a gorak guide for your guide collection. They're decent range experience. 8-)

i was wondering about those zombie and skeletal hands over the weekend, so i went to kill some, with a salve amulet(e) they die incredibly fast, and there is a fishing spot right next to them, and log and tinderbox spawns about 30 steps away.

they are some decent exp/hour and you get a good 50-100k while doing it, only bad part is that they arent aggresive, so no forum browsing, though you can attack all 6 of them and stack em up in a corner, so they just line up to die, then get a good 3 minutes of browsing before having to look back.

they barely hit through barrows, so i had to go to the fishing spot maybe once every half an hour.

bring alchs to alch all the jewelery they give(i had a dragonstone bracelet drop, which i sold on the grand exchange for max price, 10-20 diamond or forinthery brace drops, countless ruby, emerald and sapphire brace drops, and a lot of combo runes as well)(i was there for about 5 hours, and i got about 270k in total, unless im terribly mistaken)

you might want to check them out.

i was kinda planning on making a guide for them myself, but you can if you want to try them.(but make sure to credit me \' )

as far as i know they are pretty much deserted at peak hours.

2Xeo5.png

I'm loving the terrorbird guide, they truly are great exp, and good profit, but god damn there boring still :wall: and with so much hp there as slow of a task to do as black demons.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I'd say I'm way overdue for a response.

Anyway, I don't think I'll be adding a new Misunderstood Monsters for a short while, but I can probably come up with one soon. I tried out Cave Slimes and they seem worth killing, and I did I bit of research of Mos Le harmless Snakes, which seemed plausible but I'd have to work out a good method and find the optimal killing spot.

@dorcus1: Setting your house to Rimmingtone and teleporting there works. It's probably about as good as the Fairy Rings. I like not using up Tabs though.

@Danqazmlp: It depends on where the drop falls. Follow what the guide said and you'll be okay. The accumulator does work safespotted.

@oliboli: I said the stats are similar. I never said they cost the same. =P

@Brunokiller: Thanks for the terrordog help. If I decide to make a guide on them, I'll be sure to use some of your tips! Does Duradel assign them?

I would love a Gorak Guide, if it's not too much trouble for you. =) Nice picture of the fool getting owned. When will they learn what "This place is dangerous, do not enter if you mind dying" mean?

@ross the knight: Interesting discovery. Yeah, the salve amulet makes most undead creatures the best training options available, and the easy recovery of food is helpful. Do you have an estimate for the xp for hour, at all?

@archdukeofyork: Thank you! =)

@Danwazmlp: Yeah, Gonpost made a great discovery there! I have a slayer task for them currently, I'm glad he found such an effective way to kill them.

Having lots of HP makes them a good task though for slayer xp ;) but yeah, I hate and love black demons in the way you do I imagine.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

• 2 weeks later...

hey, as for the warped tbirds, I think the lone one is better =/, no ppots and I think using bandos there is suggested, because the attack that hits hard is their ranged att not melee, and bandos has more ranged def, and yet good melees

_p3_minato_arisato_signature__by_x0sandylicious0x-d3hnk6v.png

good guide 9/10 :thumbsup: but i disagree with all the food u take for turoths i take about 6 empty spaces for the herb drops , and a terrorbird for storing drops 2.

vcz3sx.png

PSN: Skaterguy1224 Tactical Nukes - 22

Jungle Horror will be good candidate for this topic.

I have been hearing they're "far apart for quick slayer task".. sure they're far apart, but good thing is they have large attack radius. You'll get attacked constantly standing in single spot (just a few steps north of Le'Harmless)

Another thing I have heard was their loots were "bad".. they don't seem to be bad for me. They drop pretty good number of Pineapple, Teak, Mahogany, and charms. Don't forget, you can bank in a few steps as well. Sure, they seem to be un-wanted item, but don't forget you can use Pineapple to make supercompost - and Teak / Mahogany is pretty difficult to get your hands on to aside from kingdom.

Hacked 10 years old account, permamently quit if Jagex doesn't return items.

ventuzz.png

Love the guide, I take crowdless spots over anything really :lol:

By coincidence I had a kurask task this morning and decided to finally give one of them a shot. I suppose they might be related to turoths because I finished my 140 kill assignment in one trip using melee, and made a nice 100k+ cash from it. With melee stats all based around 90 I could stay there forever with bones to peaches, and their drops of noted pineapples, flax, adamant bolts and various broad ammo really adds up, especially when you consider their rune long drop, which I got 4 of. For people with lower stats, you can bring a knife to make use of the frequent unnoted pineapples and bananas, I managed fine with my stats without a knife though.

The only problem I can find with the guide it's that is very dense with text. A couple relevant pictures (even if they achieve nothing) can make reading a guide many times more enjoyable. Nice work :)

slayermask3.png

A Draconic Guide V1.4, Fimer - Multi-Timer Farming Timer V3.

Dragon Boots: 39|Abyssal Whips: 16|Dark Bows: 1|

@Ross: Ah, I don't think I shall write a guide about them, but I may if future evidence shows otherwise.

@abbydog95: You can always just eat or drop surplus food for a drop of higher value. A few peices of food isn't exactly too expensive.

@ventuzz: You raise some good points. I think the main benefit would be the availability of killing those snakes that drop snake hide though.

@Philip Kolar: Yeah, I hate having to fight people for spots. I may consider trying a kurask guide, but I don't really feel like going many areas that I can't go on a slayer task assignment to get slayer xp while I gather data, hehe. (I use Duradel)

I'll try to take more pictures in the future.

Anyway, I have some questions for my readers. I was planning on making a cave slime guide (Aimed a bit more at lower levels that probably the main base of people reading my guide) for a while but I've seen about 3 guides released on the matter. Do you think I should still do it, or is the making of it pointless now? My guide is meant to be a store of information not heavily known, and I have no wish to create a guide for information that can already easily be adequately obtained elsewhere.

In other news I'm still continuing my little break on guide writing to complete my 99 fishing / cooking goal, which I am long overdue to complete. Also, School will be starting soon for me so I will be much slower in guide releasing once that happens, for I will already have enough reports to write without creating my own homework =P Thankfully, Senior year (highschool), at least I hear, tends to have lower workload than previous years so I may have more time to spare. I also have a game (Enex2, see signature) that many are waiting on me to finish.

If anyone has any guides they would like me to feature within the Misunderstood Monsters catalogue then I will be pleased to add them and you will be completely credited, of course. Of course, if you would simply like to make suggestion (I will keep them in mind for when I return to guide writing) then I would enjoy to hear them, but please don't just tell me "I hear _ is good", I'd like to know what specifically you think they are good for and what you *think* the best approach is. (There is a chance I will come to a different conclusion but it helps me to at least have a starting point)

Thanks for reading everybody. Drop me a message in RS anytime if you want to talk. =)

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

good guide i like the melee version of killing wyvrens, but also for lower level players, they can take pineappple pizzas instead of monks as pizzas heal 6 hp more than monks and are only about 200ish gp more i think so they will still prob get covered by the bone drops

I suggest using Chaos Tunnels for turoths as well if you're a meleer, because there aren't any safespots, a load of lvl 83's to kill, and familiars can fight for you there, making the kills faster if you're on a task.

Actually, its rather easy to safespot turoths there, although it only works on the big ones. If you want i can post a few screenschots :D

Alternate Philosophy:

"Things just happen. What the hell"

obliviousvk7.png