War_Junky_91

Do we have Bots on tif?

I was looking at the user's online and saw this(i edited it so it would fit on this page):

googlebot.jpg

Do we have bots posting adds or whats going on?

cool_sig1.jpg

It's a google web crawler that indexes pages for searches. Before they would have been viewed as guests, but phpbb3 distinguishes them from normal users now. Nothing to worry about, and no, they won't spam the forums :P

2153_s.gif

When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. ~Jonathan Swift

userbar_full.png

Website Updates/Corrections here. WE APPRECIATE YOUR INPUT! Crewbie's Missions!Contributor of the Day!

Thanks to artists: Destro3979, Guthix121, Shivers21, and Unoalexi.

It's a google web crawler that indexes pages for searches. Before they would have been viewed as guests, but phpbb3 distinguishes them from normal users now. Nothing to worry about, and no, they won't spam the forums :P

For all we know!

Google is going to take over the world! We will be helpless to these "harmless" bots! :twisted:

JK, noting to worry about. :)

nodiehytnew.png
RIP Michaelangelopolous
Thanks to cowboy14 for the pimp sig!

Don't forget about the yahoo ones as well(there's another one I can't think of atm)

howlin1eeveesig.png

Moved to Forum Updates & Suggestions.

And, it is the Google Bot that just caches the pages. :)

~Rcty

Rcty

There are exactly 52 bots, actually- I could give you a full list. :P

C2b6gs7.png

Make that 52 default bots (that are recognized by phpBB3), I've seen a script that adds something like 100 or so more to be recognized by phpBB3.

<.<

>.>

(Beware, the Bots are going to eat j00! RUN, LITTLE NUBS!)

My MOD Queue and MODs - StarTrekGuide

sig-2-itsaratflail.png

I remember another forum, where the robots.txt had to be tweaked with various rate limit commands for bots, as they were sending multiple spiders and hammering too hard.

The google bot is their to cache the webpages incae of things like the recent forum "blackout"

Proud Ubuntu User!

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. -Scott Adams

A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.-Emo Phillips

My Blog!

TyrantElf.png

TyrantElf.png

Make that 52 default bots (that are recognized by phpBB3), I've seen a script that adds something like 100 or so more to be recognized by phpBB3.

There's more than just 100 though, there's bots for certain business corporations that go through the internet and basically survey the text found on pages. Even though it's inaccurate in most cases, they are getting to be quite accurate. They use this for marketing and designing new products. It's quite sleazy. -.-

That little crawling critter there saved plenty of people's threads and posts from the recent forum blackout. Give it some love. <3:

j0xPu5R.png