Guys and Long Hair

DragnFly

As a guy with somewhat long hair, I felt like this would make an interesting topic.

On some men, I do believe that it can look decent. In my own opinion, it usually works better on darker hair males than lighter hair (think fabio). Plus it can look hideous if not well cared for, but thats pretty much common sense.

The length also matters, shoulder length or abit below can look good, but I cannot say I have seen a guy with waist length hair that actually looks decent.

I have had my hair long for afew years now. Usually, I keep it at or just below the lowest point of my shoulders. Recently, I cut it a inch or two above, but I plan on letting it grow back.

There are several drawbacks of course.

•  
    [*:1asfc0kf] Long hair on males is generally frowned upon in more recent history, and can draw negative perceptions about yourself from other individuals.

[*:1asfc0kf] Its also alot harder to maintain, keeping it healthy, clean and trimmed.

[*:1asfc0kf] It has a tendancy to always get in your face

[*:1asfc0kf] Also, hairs getting all over the place is an issue.

[*:1asfc0kf] Long hair tends to get hot and itchy, especially in the summertime.

What do you think about men having long hair?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Main issue is definetely the caretaking. I mean, if youre going to just leave it be, not doing anything to it, not washing it often, it's going to look terrible.

I have a shoulder leght. Every morning I have to shower it, then dry it with blowdryer, then style it. Takes 30 minutes. Every morning. Double the time if I have to wash it, which I do every 3 days. Sometimes I dream about having skinned down short hair. I'd have to do nothing, wouldn't have to worry about rain, or wind, or anything. It would be swell.. But then I would look so average all the time.. I love my hair afterall.

Reality is hundreds of times more beautiful and more interesting than delusions. Fairy tales just tend to be easier to follow than the wonderful intricacies of life.

Bah, I had some stuff to post, but I got an error message when I clicked submit and can't be bothered to type it again.

I'll just say that my hair is dark blond, has been long for the last two to three years, and is not all that hard to manage. Wash, towel-dry, wait a few minutes to air-dry, brush. I don't mind if others have long hair, as long as it's not a pseudo-fro that you never wash and looks all nasty and matted.

p2gq.jpg

I have long, curly hair - nipple-length, as I so fondly describe it. And I love it so! =D I wear it under a tuque all year, so it needs a bit of maintaining to prevent bad matting. I rinse with hot water and comb out all the knots, then comb in conditioner, and rinse again in cold water. Comb it one more time, and let it air dry. Towel drying just knots it up again. =/ After an hour or two I put on a tuque, and my hair looks and feels nice.

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

That's funny, I was just talking with my sister today about it and we both agreed that long hair is one of those things that really improves a guy. Just a personal opinion however. And I'd also have to disagree that it doesn't work so well on guys with blonde hair or if it's waist length. To illustrate, look at this guy right here http://www.germaniac.com/blog/images/atrocity.jpg

"Metal isn't about violence or faggy whiny lyrics. It isn't even about who plays the heaviest and fastest. It is about invoking a sense of wonder and magnitude that no other genre can depict."

bluarosezk0.jpg

That's funny, I was just talking with my sister today about it and we both agreed that long hair is one of those things that really improves a guy. Just a personal opinion however. And I'd also have to disagree that it doesn't work so well on guys with blonde hair or if it's waist length. To illustrate, look at this guy right here http://www.germaniac.com/blog/images/atrocity.jpg

Disagree. That looks good.

Disagree. That looks good.

Yeah, that's pretty awesome! xD

tek0705042a6479ro0.pngblipo1cd.png

I have long, black hair that's down a few inches below my shoulder, and I don't really think I look good with short hair.. I wash it every day, comb it in the morning etc, so it's always clean.

The only time I dont like long hair is when people don't look after it, and it looks like they smeared butter all over it.

I have long hair and am a guy. My hair is about 15-17 inches in length. I wash it and use conditioner on it every day, and I brush it well in the morning, and sometimes at night. I like having my hair long, it keeps my head warm in the winter. It would seem like in the summer it would get in the way and make my head too hot, but I've never experienced that. Last summer I went backpacking in Yosemite, and it was about 100 degrees the entire time. I didn't notice the heat making my head particularly uncomfortable, and it feels nice when I walk into the wind and my hair is blown backwards.

2w3uule.png

2w726iv.png

you know there is a place called outside, better graphics 100% pvp and no fee to play :-w

I LOVE long hair on guys. :D I think it's so sexy.

On behalf of the long-haired males at tip.it, I thank you. ;)

2w3uule.png

2w726iv.png

you know there is a place called outside, better graphics 100% pvp and no fee to play :-w

I don't really care about anyones' hair. What does bother me is the correlation between length of a person's hair and the amount of time the person will spend talking about it.

La lune ne garde aucune rancune.

I've had long hair for over 5 years now (I started growing it after 5th grade, now going into 11th). I use to get it trimmed but I haven't since February 2006. My hair is extremely curly, like mattress springs, so it looks perpetually shoulder-length, but stretched out or wet it's past nip-length.

For those more visually orientated here's a semi recent picture from prom this year.

[hide=]5dm1vq.jpg[/hide]

My hair is low maintenance compared to everyone else's, if I brush/air dry/style it throws a tantrum and goes crazy.

All I do to it is shower every morning (unless I'm staying home, then I just tie it back) for 14-18 minutes or (6-10 minutes if I'm rushing and not still half-asleep), and to dry it I headbang out most of the water, and let it sit until it dries.

1z2zrwo.jpg

my hair is like 2" so its shorta long i guess (i go for the just woke out of bed look even though i take a shower when i wake up), personally very, very, very few guys hair that is at the sholder or longer ever look good imo, sorry if you do, but if i ever meet you, i'll probaly wont talk to you, and try and avoid you just on of my things <.<

slightly off topic i think the coolest thing i've ever seen in my life with long hair

[hide=]49020010.EPV0062copy.jpg[/hide]

legends2.jpg

I had long hair, shoulder-length, really black. Got it cut because my principal QQ'd about it. Barber screwed it up, ended up with some kind of radioactive mushroom, so I just shaved it all off. Working it's way back pretty fast. My baby. <3

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I LOVE long hair on guys. :D I think it's so sexy.

On behalf of the long-haired males at tip.it, I thank you. ;)

You're very welcome. ;)

most defianately long hair if well kept is sexy. *high fives knives* :mrgreen:

Runescape nick : Fat_Slug

Owner of Ears, Scythe and a 10 year veteran cape :D

Long hair on guys? Yes please!! =D> I agree with knives, very very very sexy

OK sometimes it can be bad, like... when you're balding, or if you've dyed it black and your ginger roots are showing a LOT. Both displayed proudly by a man I saw in town yesterday...

As for length, naw I'd say any length is good from above shoulders to waist, I don't care. Once dated a guy with waist length hair, completely poker straight & just lovely! But he always kept it tied back, which was no fun. No fun at all... I suppose he looked more civilised walking around though, which was good.

But yes, long hair is alright by me ;)

Along the coast road, by the headland

The early lights of winter glow.

Ill pour a cup to you my darling.

Raise it up --- say cheerio.