If Jagex realeased 80+ armour...

Goldenjkered

I was reading compfreak's topic on why barrows armour is incredibly cheap for what it is, and I was thinking. If jagex realeased armour that required a defence level of 80+ to wear, then they'd would have to make it fairly easy to get, otherwise it would be incredibly expensive (e.g 3rd age being so rare, is causing it to be party hat prices in junk trades on the forum). But I was thinking about a new kind of armour for a high defence level requirement. Instead of making it have 300+ armour points for the platebody, they could possibly make it reduce the amount of damage you can get hit within one hit. I mean, with all the new updates coming out (God Wars etc), it would be nice to not be afraid of getting hit 60 - 70+ in one hit. I like to see some armour like this being introduced in the future, however I think it should have the same defence stats as dragon, so armours such as bandos and barrows still remain a aquireable item.

Goldenjkered.png

Whips: 3 Dragon Boots: 15

My 99's: Attack & Cooking

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/Goldenjkered

Yes I was thinking about an abyssal queen level 444, considering there's tons of kings already in the game i.e. dag kings, king black drag, tz-tok-jad I guess, so we need more queens in the game. Also it could drop an abyssal tunic which could occasionally allow you to dodge high hits.

I agree, if/when jagex creates higher level armour it needs to be wayyy different with more special abilities than ever.

2vuhgcn.png

Himm, I agree. It would help limit power creep; Jagex seems to be afraid of releasing anything clearly better then barrows anyway. I like the damage reduction idea, although it would have to have some sort of control, or places like the fight caves would become too easy. It makes sense; after all, medieval armor also protected you from getting damaged as much, not just avoiding injuries altogether. But then again, its a fantasy based RPG - it doesn't have to make sense. However, I think the armor should still be rare; otherwise there will be no use for lower level armor like Barrows, if it is indeed better then barrows. While 3rd age is somewhat rediculious, that has something to do with the price being frozen in the GE. Look at dragonfire shield; rare, but very powerful. More items like that are what I'd like, especally with unique abilitys such as the DFS.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

I like the idea of reducing the hits.

I think that they should do something on the lines of the max hit of the monster is reduced by 25%. So if said monster hits an 8 as a max hit, it is reduced to 6, but still keep the defense bonuses of the body and legs at 300+.

Good innovative thinking :)

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Yes I was thinking about an abyssal queen level 444, considering there's tons of kings already in the game i.e. dag kings, king black drag, tz-tok-jad I guess, so we need more queens in the game. Also it could drop an abyssal tunic which could occasionally allow you to dodge high hits.

I agree, if/when jagex creates higher level armour it needs to be wayyy different with more special abilities than ever.

I agree, make it something very difficult to get, like maybe a version of fight caves, except make it abyssal monsters and only up to wave 30, then the lvl 444 abyssal queen that actually drops the armor, and you have to get through the waves plus the rarity of getting the actual drop from the queen would make it rare. And like the OP said, have the armor reduce the damage, its possible, i mean we have a crystal shield and it depletes after absorbing so much damage, so we already have the base programing right there, just make the armor not degrade.

cool_sig1.jpg

The lust for something more powerful continues.. and so it will. After 80 we'll only be begging for 90+... and then 100+ levels will be necessary to again fulfill our lusts.

Why bother? Barrows is fine enough, and improving it would just seem to powerful, imo.

The lust for something more powerful continues.. and so it will. After 80 we'll only be begging for 90+... and then 100+ levels will be necessary to again fulfill our lusts.

Why bother? Barrows is fine enough, and improving it would just seem to powerful, imo.

See, that's the idea. Make a new armor that is better for some things, and worse for others. A godsword is a good example; good for PVP and higher defence monsters, but worse then a whip for low defence monsters. Something that didn't offer very large defence bonuses, but had some sort of chance to reduce the severity of hits, might be a good idea. It would take a lot of testing to achieve this though.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

See, that's the idea. Make a new armor that is better for some things, and worse for others. A godsword is a good example; good for PVP and higher defence monsters, but worse then a whip for low defence monsters. Something that didn't offer very large defence bonuses, but had some sort of chance to reduce the severity of hits, might be a good idea. It would take a lot of testing to achieve this though.

It wouldn't take that much more development, i mean we already have the crystal shield that degrades after absording so many hits. So it shouldn't be too hard to go from there.

cool_sig1.jpg

I'd rather have armors of varying abilites. I'm all for 80+, 90+, etc armors, but they should have strengths and weaknesses. For example, an 80+ chestplate could have +150 defence bonus, but a -10 attack/strength bonus. Another could have +15 strength bonus, but only a +95 defence bonus. Each would have their positives and negatives, giving a little bit of risk-vs-reward with each choice.

rsd.gif

rsdb.png

124ecdx.gifFormer Admin of The Death Monkeighs124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Vengeance Council124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifFormer Eternal Honour Member124ecdx.gif

124ecdx.gifCurrent Runescape Dinasty Supreme Member124ecdx.gif

We don't need new armour for 80+, we need artefacts to improve old armour and make them stronger, diversfying weaponary and armoury in the process, socketing could be useful here.

Strangely with WotLK so near, I wished I could delay it a bit to push through that last TBC content in MH/BT :'(.

We don't need new armour for 80+, we need artefacts to improve old armour and make them stronger, diversfying weaponary and armoury in the process, socketing could be useful here.

Although I like the idea of an armor that reduces the max hit but has poor def stats to keep a balance, I like this idea, quests should be offering attachments or maybe enchantments for our normal items, or artifacts as Erad said. That would make questing a bit more fun for those who don't like it, and also give new incentive for people to try out new things. But they should also have their strengths and weaknesses or else they'd be too overpowered. And also, it should be kind of like hilts where you can get a few different enchantments or artifacts that do different things.

codguy.png

Codguy.png

i mean we have a crystal shield and it depletes after absorbing so much damage, so we already have the base programing right there, just make the armor not degrade.

It's my understanding that the crystal shield degrades based on how much damage is dealt to YOU. So, if a monster hits a 0 on you, the shield doesn't degrade, and if you get nailed by a 60, it degrades by that much. Not sure on that.

Even if that is the case though, the fact remains that this cannot be difficult to program. If = "true", then multiply damage by .9, or whatever amount.

I like the idea of damage reduction armor, it should have been done a while ago. 99 hits is ridiculously few compared to how much people can hit- we either need equipment that boosts hits the same way strength boosters boost max hit, or we need something to reduce damage done. We also need level 80, 90 and possibly 99 armors; it's insane that one only needs level 75 (under 10% of the exp for 99) to wear the best equipment money can buy. Aren't higher levels meant to be, you know, an advantage? Kind of like how 70 def in barrows has an advantage over 60 def in dragon? But hey, what do I know...

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Rather than create new armor, there should be varying armor. Some are your normal, today's version armor. Then you have strength boosted armor, with worsened defence, and others with increased defence and a negative attack bonus. Even every armor could be blessed for a prayer bonus after a holy "crusade".

Implementing many, many variations of armors we already have. Ones that can poison, freeze, decrease stats, steal health, steal prayer, cause extra damage, cause elemental magic damage, among others. Multiple blesses would be cool, with added bonuses to create super armor for many quests and money.

Quality posting at its finest.

I think that, or armor granting a bonus to max hits while worn could have a great effect.

In order to not being outrageous on the market all of it should be made untradeable, which is something I think should have been added long ago.

isn't the idea of a 'blessed' armor already implemented in stuff like bandos armor? not only does it have prayer, it has pretty buffed up def bonus :o

Well that would be the "base" armor, and some variations would have super def, and lower prayer, or more prayer, and lower def. Stuff like that.

Quality posting at its finest.

i mean we have a crystal shield and it depletes after absorbing so much damage, so we already have the base programing right there, just make the armor not degrade.

It's my understanding that the crystal shield degrades based on how much damage is dealt to YOU. So, if a monster hits a 0 on you, the shield doesn't degrade, and if you get nailed by a 60, it degrades by that much. Not sure on that.

Even if that is the case though, the fact remains that this cannot be difficult to program. If = "true", then multiply damage by .9, or whatever amount.

I like the idea of damage reduction armor, it should have been done a while ago. 99 hits is ridiculously few compared to how much people can hit- we either need equipment that boosts hits the same way strength boosters boost max hit, or we need something to reduce damage done. We also need level 80, 90 and possibly 99 armors; it's insane that one only needs level 75 (under 10% of the exp for 99) to wear the best equipment money can buy. Aren't higher levels meant to be, you know, an advantage? Kind of like how 70 def in barrows has an advantage over 60 def in dragon? But hey, what do I know...

No, the crystal shield just goes by whether you get hit or you don't. A blue splat (0) will not degrade your shield, but any red splat whether it be a 60, or something as weak as a 5, will degrade it by one point.

For it to be worth it, it would have to be significantly different to what we have currently. The defence of the armour would have to be pretty high though, maybe too high - would the game be too "easy"?

143kxfq.png

Please take a look at my blog here.

Those who can not accept change condemn themselves to living in the past.

99 Range - 99 Mage - 99 Defence - 99 Hitpoints

No, the crystal shield just goes by whether you get hit or you don't. A blue splat (0) will not degrade your shield, but any red splat whether it be a 60, or something as weak as a 5, will degrade it by one point.

Ah. Either way, my point stands- the programming for damage reduction is not present in the crystal shield.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Because currently there's no real reason to train a skill past its highest requirement, and after 6+ years you'd think there would be atleast a level 80+ armour but there isn't. That is why. Also new armour doesn't have to be better - stat wise, it can just have some awesome effects.. for example, full guthan and its heal ability. New armour could reduce damage or even do poison damage or fire damage (similar to poison damage but an orange splotch). The ideas are endless :D

2vuhgcn.png

Triquos is onto something with the abyssal clothing letting you dodge high hits. New armor will probably have a gimmick like that. Negative defense bonuses, but the enemy can't hit higher than 20, or something like that.

You know how Verac's effect is sort of like uber high attack? Maybe some new armor will be like uber high defense. :?

I think that each set of armour should have a number of slots in which you can place enchantments (making them untradeable forever).

So for example, a set of bronze armour would have one slot, whereas a set of rune armour would have 3.

There would be a wide and varied amount of enchantments one could choose such as +3 strength, +10 hitpoints (when fully healed), or even non combat enchantments such as +2 woodcutting, or what not. This way there would be a whole other equation to combat in runescape as you would have to choose the best combination of enchantments to fully utilize the advantage they give. This would personalize each set of armour and it would make you need to look at combat in a different way. Going fishing? You don't want to wear your +4 defence rune armour then. Going clan wars? Then do you value strength over defence and attack? Or the other way round?

Maybe the amount of slots you get should be dependent on your defence level? That way there is actually a reason to get higher defence (stopping defence being the least liked of the three skills, a lot of people max out defence at 70 or 75, with this update people would want 99 defence for its advantages instead of just maxing it for the sake of it) without bringing in overpowered armour that noone can hit through.

Zerker_jane.png

I think that each set of armour should have a number of slots in which you can place enchantments (making them untradeable forever).

So for example, a set of bronze armour would have one slot, whereas a set of rune armour would have 3.

There would be a wide and varied amount of enchantments one could choose such as +3 strength, +10 hitpoints (when fully healed), or even non combat enchantments such as +2 woodcutting, or what not. This way there would be a whole other equation to combat in runescape as you would have to choose the best combination of enchantments to fully utilize the advantage they give. This would personalize each set of armour and it would make you need to look at combat in a different way. Going fishing? You don't want to wear your +4 defence rune armour then. Going clan wars? Then do you value strength over defence and attack? Or the other way round?

Maybe the amount of slots you get should be dependent on your defence level? That way there is actually a reason to get higher defence (stopping defence being the least liked of the three skills, a lot of people max out defence at 70 or 75, with this update people would want 99 defence for its advantages instead of just maxing it for the sake of it) without bringing in overpowered armour that noone can hit through.

if one were to take the idea and expand upon it and change it .... the new armor, it is equal to barrows/third age barely.. (but be equal, where its no better at one type of armor vs another IE: best range melee and magic defence)

but it works simalar to the godswoard.. in the face you can dismantel it and change it.

So you can take it apart and change one part to give more defence to one part and safracfice the others in a combination.

Or add in things like the onyx gem for more healing while wearing (stackable with prayer and onyx bracelet) (requires two onyx gems broken into thirds and combined into three gem parts)

Or less damage (Abyssal part) that will teleport you one square away (provided your not surrounded by walls on three sides) for a miss when the hit will be 20+ (requires new abyssal monster drops)

Or say make it a Built in fire protector from dragons and you don't need a antifire shield (not stackable but works the same so you still need antifire potions) (would make using godswords against dragons feesable) (requires new dragon parts)

But there is a limit, the amor uses say energy (for its special ONLY), and can last for a while but requires maintinance of some kind.

I would say each bonus requires 3 gems/parts one on each arm and one in the center of the armor, so its more expensive/worth the bonus

mementh.jpeg

The following statement is true. The previous statement is false. 60% of all statistics are made up 90% of the time

andrew i love you & want you to have my babys!!! <3:

Finally, I get to save the Earth with deadly lasers instead of deadly slide shows!

For it to be worth it, it would have to be significantly different to what we have currently. The defence of the armour would have to be pretty high though, maybe too high - would the game be too "easy"?

Nah, just have it as a tradeable base armour, that can be upgraded with various "bits" after quests, diaries, certain achievements (killing jad, reaching 99 in skills, etc), w/e. Have the bits untradeable, and the armour with bits added untradeable as well. Maybe have some bits as rare drops from certain monsters (kind of like visage now), and maybe have those tradeable, maybe not. Perhaps, as well as KQ head, have hide or scales or w/e, and some way of putting thoseinto the equipment, or made into a cloak?

After all, its not going to make the game too easy if its hard to get in the first place.

Could make some things a lot more worthwhile, and could be a good addition for when Jagex finally gets around to finishing off certain quest storylines. *Cough* Elves *Cough*

Hail to The Great Big Penguin in the sky. And Guthix, of course.

Harbringerjm.gif