Brainymidget's Dagannoth Kings Guide

brainymidget

nice guide but you should add something about obby sheild

it has same stats as granite sheild with +2 strengh i use it for hyb and maging.

Why maging? Its not like you need str then? I dont see the need in risking another 300k (and doesnt obby shield have an even more negative magic attack bonus)

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did a trip today, rex hit me once when a lame crasher made him go outa safespot, then blamed me for a bad lure. I got hit 26, on my first dk trips i failed at luring, and never seen higher than 26. So i think rex hits 26.

And nice guide, helped me alot.

Rex hits 30+.

The max hit of prime I've had on me was 57.

Sorry, no pics, so you'll have to trust me on my word.

Retired High Leader of the Great Titans

linesig3bv2.jpg

DK: Dragon axe x55, Zerker x40, Warrior x44

GWD: Bandos hilt x2,Bandos plate x8,Bandos tassets x3, Bandos boots x 2, Armadyl helm x2, Armadyl hilt x1, Saradomin sword x3

Dragon drops: d chain x3, d left half x3, d legs x4, d skirt x2, d claws x6

*Dramatic music plays as Jard Y Dooku enters the thread!*

Time to clarify this whole max hit nonsense. I've told you and Short before, Prime CANNOT hit 60. And Short refuses to look at the image proving it's not 60. :D

303_Dagannoth_Prime.png303_Dagannoth_Supreme.png303_Dagannoth_Rex.png

Anyways, fix your guide with the correct hits. I don't care who says they've been hit over what these monster examines say. They are lying or mistaken. Jard Y Dooku, out.

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

• 2 weeks later...

Time to clarify this whole max hit nonsense. I've told you and Short before, Prime CANNOT hit 60. And Short refuses to look at the image proving it's not 60. :D

Anyways, fix your guide with the correct hits. I don't care who says they've been hit over what these monster examines say. They are lying or mistaken. Jard Y Dooku, out.

it cant get more clear then that but who knows, jard might of edited the pics (99.9% chance he/she dident) or something

p.s. awsome gide, it goin to be usefull on my first dk trip

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

it cant get more clear then that but who knows, jard might of edited the pics (99.9% chance he/she dident) or something

p.s. awsome gide, it goin to be usefull on my first dk trip

Lol. I 100% assure you these are real. My great Monster Examine quest is for truth, not for the spreading of falsities. Also, that'd be "he" not "she". ;)

• Never trust anyone. You are always alone, and betrayal is inevitable.
  • Nothing is safe from the jaws of the decompiler.

Yes, I know Jard and I know he didn't edit the pictures so, I have changed it from saying Primes max as 60, to 50. I had nothing in my guide about Rex or Supremes hits so there is not need to change that.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Dang, your awesome.

Oh, the guide. . .

Well, all I can say is that its detailed enough for me to run the scenario through my head and imagine how to do it, but my stats suck, so no chance of taking the practical.

can u add lvls when it would be wise to go kill dks, cuz i have 76 magic and 77 def, i surely want to mage solo rex

puku6.png

Dragon drops:1

Any other drops:0

Coinshared items:i dont count them

DAM, HOW LUCKY CAN U GET??

Very nice Guide =D>

So if I used this to only keep mage prayer on while fighting rex, and healing with guthans while he's dead with no prayers, how long will I be able to last? Whenever I went without guthans, I only lasted like 15ish kills, so it was a huge waste of money.

Bogwaga.gif

bogwaga.png

Notable Drops:

5 X Dragon Axe.......1 X D Skirt...............1 X Bandos Platebody

3 X Zerker Ring.......1 X Bandos Hilt

4 X Warrior Ring......1 X Bandos Tassets

@Estonia

I'll try to get around to that soon. You might be able to solo Rex. If you have summoning, that would really help, without it, it would be hard to solo for long with your stats.

@bogwaga

With guthans, you sometimes don't even need to pray at all. I usually just use prayer when my HP is getting kind of low. With your stats, you'll need prayer more often. As for going without guthans, the only other good option is Verac's and with this you should always have mage prayer on. Another way to really help extend your trips is by leveling up your summoning and getting either a spirit terrorbird for some extra space, or a Bunyip for some extra healing.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Is the new Arcane shield any good for maging Rex? It has a +20 mage attack bonus and high defence stats.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

If you've got the money to actually afford one of these new shields, they would be great. The +20 mage offense on the arcane is a great bonus. The extra melee bonuses on the Divine and Elysian really doesn't help at all although the special effects might help. I personally think the best would be the spectral. It gives a +30 mage defense bonus. For me, who does not use mage prayer, this is an incredible bonus. So ya, all the new shields should be really great if you can afford em.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

If you've got the money to actually afford one of these new shields, they would be great. The +20 mage offense on the arcane is a great bonus. The extra melee bonuses on the Divine and Elysian really doesn't help at all although the special effects might help. I personally think the best would be the spectral. It gives a +30 mage defense bonus. For me, who does not use mage prayer, this is an incredible bonus. So ya, all the new shields should be really great if you can afford em.

You dont use mage prayer, so you dont use any prayer at all?

Would you think, with a unicorn, its possible to survive just with scrolls (and perhaps rapid heal) and not mage praying. (using verac method w/o sgs). Or should I just mage pray. And if I mage pray, should I bring brews? I can imagine unicorn healing enough (just got it, so not sure).

I was also wondering why you took brews with the unicorn/guthan method, I'm pretty sure that with guthan, sgs, unicorn, and perhaps, mage praying, you can stay there *forever* (as long as you have mage pray).

Thanks in advance

Those brews are just in case. Once you're experienced enough, you won't need em. These are just general inventories, as you get more experienced, you can learn what inventory works for you.

As for lasting a long time without mage prayer, it's very possible. I personally have had a couple 4 hour long trips. I would have lasted longer but I was browsing the forums and got ring of life'd out. I was planning for an 8 hour trip and when I got teleported out, I would have easily had enough supplies. I brought unicorns which healed me almost enough. I then also had a Saradomin Godsword which made it so I almost never had to heal. I still had Guthans though, just in case. I would not suggest going with only a Unicorn and not praying. There will be some points where you won't have enough healing. If you want a really long trip, I would suggest bringing 2 or 3 super restores. These will give you prayer when it's really needed. Bring a lot of Antipoison(++). I think each 4 dose potion lasts you around 50 minutes. Then just bring the basic stuff and a lot of Unicorns.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif

if you don't have high enough mage to cast charge of you don't have enough money, you can use slayer dart or fire wave, I personally find fire wave to be better than slayer dart

error found( im not being picky but just helping)

and preety good guide i might try it sometime but im wondering is there any point for going for long trips? and what is the usual average amount money that you get pet trip?

signature your as this use backwards this read to enough smart were you if

^^^^read backwards^^^^

anish00b.png

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=113&t=757562&p=6009903

^^^^The Best Melee Training Spot In The Game^^^^

http://forum.tip.it/viewtopic.php?f=180&t=786213

^^^^The new Bandits^^^^

even i have the misfile craze!!!

I personally have been on two 4 hour long trips. I made about 10-15 million Geepees on each one, although I am pretty lucky. My reasoning for going on long trips was simply to set a record. The current record is 8 unicorns, I was aiming for 9, although I think I only got 4-5 before ring of life teleported me out.

Brainymidget.png

multimultiza9.gif