Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Brainymidget's Dagannoth Kings Guide

• Please log in to reply
148 replies to this topic

Shogundapker
[ Display Name History ]

Shogundapker

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 10 posts
Thank you very much Joe. I tried maging for the first time today; it went relatively well.

However, I got repeatedly "crashed" by other mages who pulled prime into my vicinity. Naturally I put on protect from mage and battled with them for the kill, but the severe increase in super restore usage has an adverse effect on the amount of time I can stay at the kings.

What do I do in the case of a crasher, who repeatedly pulls prime spawns onto me?

Generally crashers use veracs which makes them protect from magic regardless, allowing them to a) hit slightly more often and B) last longer than my guthans.

I ended up x-logging, getting crashed again, and then finally finding an empty world in which I could spend the duration of my kill.

Also, if prime *does* come on me during a lure, how do I get him off? My temporary solution is to bring a rune crossbow and a karil top along, and just range him to death in the usual prime spot. However, once again, this drains my super restores and shortens my trip.

Thanks in advance,
Shogun

(Got a dragon hatchet so I'm still happy :P)

Socrates
[ Display Name History ]

Socrates

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Socrates
Hey Brainy,

I've always been an advocate of your guide. Since completing seers diary 3 I enchanted my excalabur which allows me 20hp over 20 seconds as a trade for 100% of my special bar. Surely this works as a substitue for sgs (or perhaps even a direct swap if you count the guaranteed healing over sgs chance/ the reduced risk) for mages? Furthermore, the bone mace would also work as a weapon #3 for it's prayer boosting abilities?

If you have considered these, i'd love to know why they're not worthwhile, if not i'm pleased I could give something back to this guide.
Posted Image
Thanks to Jopie for this great signature.
99 Slayer|Fishing|Summoning|Hitpoints|Attack|Strength|Defence|Fletching.
Anyone at Manchester University PM me

Grim_
[ Display Name History ]

Grim_

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,512 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Duke Grim IV
  • Clan:SODB

Thank you very much Joe. I tried maging for the first time today; it went relatively well.

However, I got repeatedly "crashed" by other mages who pulled prime into my vicinity. Naturally I put on protect from mage and battled with them for the kill, but the severe increase in super restore usage has an adverse effect on the amount of time I can stay at the kings.

What do I do in the case of a crasher, who repeatedly pulls prime spawns onto me?

Generally crashers use veracs which makes them protect from magic regardless, allowing them to a) hit slightly more often and B) last longer than my guthans.

I ended up x-logging, getting crashed again, and then finally finding an empty world in which I could spend the duration of my kill.

Also, if prime *does* come on me during a lure, how do I get him off? My temporary solution is to bring a rune crossbow and a karil top along, and just range him to death in the usual prime spot. However, once again, this drains my super restores and shortens my trip.

Thanks in advance,
Shogun

(Got a dragon hatchet so I'm still happy :P)

There is not much you can do to get prime off of you. Also were you using ls worlds? If not then use around a 1000 population world (not 99) to minimize crashers.
Posted Image

JoeDaStudd
[ Display Name History ]

JoeDaStudd

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,464 posts
  • RSN:joe da studd

Hey Brainy,

I've always been an advocate of your guide. Since completing seers diary 3 I enchanted my excalabur which allows me 20hp over 20 seconds as a trade for 100% of my special bar. Surely this works as a substitue for sgs (or perhaps even a direct swap if you count the guaranteed healing over sgs chance/ the reduced risk) for mages? Furthermore, the bone mace would also work as a weapon #3 for it's prayer boosting abilities?

If you have considered these, i'd love to know why they're not worthwhile, if not i'm pleased I could give something back to this guide.

EE is very good down there. However SGS's prayer restoration is amazing.
If you normally pray mage when you lure (you should even with hybrids) then you will get enough prayer in 1 spec for atleast 2 lures.
Its worth taking if you don't have a SGS and its by far the best 2nd special.
Ancient mace (what your classing as bone correct?) is questionable down there. It misses a lot even with piety. Its better then nothing, but I'd take an extra prayer/super restore or even holy wrench (if your using guthans and titan+ to heal).
As for prime I refuse to mage with guthans without hybrids as its far to risky to without praying most of the time. You have to range prime until hes dead or hop worlds (extremely risky).
Drops
Stats

i_r_slayer
[ Display Name History ]

i_r_slayer

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 272 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Yuki-0na

Hey Brainy,

EE is very good down there. However SGS's prayer restoration is amazing.
If you normally pray mage when you lure (you should even with hybrids) then you will get enough prayer in 1 spec for atleast 2 lures.
Its worth taking if you don't have a SGS and its by far the best 2nd special.
Ancient mace (what your classing as bone correct?) is questionable down there. It misses a lot even with piety. Its better then nothing, but I'd take an extra prayer/super restore or even holy wrench (if your using guthans and titan+ to heal).
As for prime I refuse to mage with guthans without hybrids as its far to risky to without praying most of the time. You have to range prime until hes dead or hop worlds (extremely risky).

I've pulled prime once in 30+ hours since the RT5 update. See my guide for a different lure spot that has an extremely minimal chance of pulling prime. I never use mage prayer once I'm in the spot unless my hp is getting low (I don't bring guthan's since I'm 88 summoning), and if you don't use prayer then most people prefer EE spec.

bedman
[ Display Name History ]

bedman

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,774 posts
  • RSN:bedman
Nice guide, I liked the hints and tips section in particular. I do have a question though: Right now I'm solo hybridding as part of my slayer task. I'm using a whip + DFS and SGS to spec. I'm also using overloads, and I'm flashing piety when I can (not picking up drops and sending them home or trying to find brews in my yak). This way, I manage to kill Supreme well in time on a 1050 population world. I have about enough time to pick up Supremes drops, pick up the previous Prime drops and start sending them home (well, mostly Prime respawns while I'm sending them home). Do you suggest going much higher in population, or would it cause too much hectic situations? If so, by how much? Is there a certain formula for respawn time in function of population? I guess around 5 sec less per respawn shouldn't be a problem, yet it would add up.

A last question is whether you have any tips on organising the invo in your yak. I've been trying some things out 2 times now, and it always ends up at somet point with me being in the middle of a kill and in desperate need of a brew, yet, when I press "take bob" all I seem to get is super restores, extra pouches or antipoison (++). I either have to drop stuff and keep taking things out (not knowing what will come) till a brew pops out, or quickly run up the ladder and take it out near the obelisk (actually did this a few times when Rex got on me since I was up anyway). This however puts me on a very tight schedule to kill Supreme. So, any tips, or is this part of the disadvantages of a Yak? (I have been trying brew brew brew prayer pot but somehow it never works out. Mind you also that I have 9 overloads and 9 super prayer potions at the beginning of the trip which I can't put in my yak).

tintin113
[ Display Name History ]

tintin113

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,788 posts
  • RSN:Mr Tintin
  • Clan:SoDB
Well to answer your first question, I'd say by the sounds of it you've got it spot on right now. Going into a bigger world will up the pressure on you, and it's always nice to have a little bit of a time cushion for if things start going badly, don't want to risk getting into a fatal situation or having to tele out early just got 5 seconds or so.
Posted Image
Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!
Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

ragmar12345
[ Display Name History ]

ragmar12345

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • RSN:Paragon
  • Clan:Lady Heinous
Posted Image

ragmar12345
[ Display Name History ]

ragmar12345

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 749 posts
  • RSN:Paragon
  • Clan:Lady Heinous

It doesn't need bumping, it's a guide.
And on topic,
Great guide :)

I had asked a question, but it had been answered by someone else.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users