Huh? You forgot something? Oh right, your whip and your bolts. :P

Today I finished my first barrage trip and got this:

ScreenShot003-20.png

After that I wandered around and enjoyed the new graphics lol.

Two interesting things to note - unless I got incredibly lucky this trip, I think that ice barrage might actually be cheaper than ice burst as well as faster. It was a good choice.

The other note is that now that alchemy is twice as fast, it gives roughly the same experience/hour as ice barrage - guess I'm in just for the charms now.

Edit - Wrote today's summary prematurely. :P I just looked at the grand exchange, and the saradomin godsword is now 85 million minimum... and it'll doubtlessly continue to drop. I felt a sudden urge to sara - after all I can ice barrage whenever I want, but sara will become less and less effective the longer I wait. To solve my trouble with finding teams, I purchased solo gear. Except it took awhile lol. I figured I'd solo bandos while I waited, and got suited up and got KC and went in... he was at 1/10 health. Went out, hopped, and lagged like hell. Hopped again, and got KC and went in and killed him. Wasn't too dramatic lol, and neither was the drop. My solo sara gear came in, so I think I'll spend awhile doing that now. Teaming whenever possible of course.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Hobo <3:

Today I decided that I would do saradomin godwars until I had 50M cash, which would be enough for me to spend my charms, and hopefully then some. I started out with my first ever solo trip! Skillfully choosing equipment that would minimize my losses should I die (rune gloves, black dragonhide body, torags helm, dragon scimitar, zamorak book and holy symbol for kc :lol:), I embarked on my most dangerous adventure yet! And it became considerably more risky after this kill count...

ScreenShot002-20.png

ScreenShot004-12.png

I decided not to bank, and go in anyways. A warning to all, solo sara makes your hand tired! You're constantly running away, getting off 2 shots each wall you run across at most. You also have to restore your energy, drink potions, and if you're really unlucky summon a new terrorbird while doing this. But it's really fun! I brought 3x as many brews as restores, with the assumption that I'd be taking a ton of damage. Right? Well...

ScreenShot006-12.png

After that I was really eager to solo again, and so I did. This time I brought a more appropriate number of brews and restores (although at the end of this trip I still had a bunch of brews left). Here's that result of this trip (I finished with 5 kills).

ScreenShot008-5.png

WOOOOOOOOOT first solo sara drop! But wait, there's more! After this I went on a 4-man expedition to kill Commander Zilyana for a change. In short order came these!

ScreenShot010-2.png

ScreenShot011-8.png

After that I struck the only sour note of the day, falling down to 10 hitpoints due to a misculation. Then Zily walked up and hit... a 6. My ring of life activated and I left safely. :P That kill yielded another saradomin sword.

Oh well, I guess 13M from sara in one day isn't anything to complain about.

I did go one one more saradomin trip, with a still higher number of restores, and less brews. This one also yielded 5 kills, because I ran out of brews this time lolol. I'll get it right sometime.

Sorry, 85 ranged is a definite requirement heh.

Started out today with a 4-man trip.

ScreenShot003-21.png

After that, Msv died, and Extremefish didn't have sweets so he ran out of energy and had to leave. Then came this.

ScreenShot005-7.png

Wrapped up with a solo trip. Except this one was really epic. :P I got a monkfish drop, and three brew/restore drops. That's like half of what I bring along lol. I was really proud of myself for managing my inventory well enough to not leave a single drop on the ground... until a bird gave out in mid-boss. I summoned another one, and began the incredibly difficult process of running back and forth to pick up the potions on the floor. Eventually I gave up, satisfied with a full inventory - it was impossible to get them onto my bird so I lost 8-12 potions. Oh well. I ended the solo with 9 boss kills... a record I hope to break sometime soon without an absurd number of healing drops. :P

ScreenShot013-3.png

I'm now upgrading my gear a bit, bringing barrows gloves, and a zamorak dragonhide body. Solo saradomin is actually surprisingly easy - I suspect I take less damage from Zilyana while soloing than I do teaming, because I always know who she's targetting, so I don't take any risks to get off another shot. Really, all the damage I take is from the minis. So I'm now comfortable with my solo skills. I think I'll stick with my scimitar for killcount, unless I decide to just range it (unlikely, diamond bolts are expensive). The torag's helm is probably permanent, even though I'd keep a verac's helm upon death - I want the extra ranged defense bonus, as Bree is generally the only mini attacking me.

Given the way GWD drops are dropping, I think I should definetely make a lot of money now... maybe even enough for 99 prayer/summoning. Just to have. Of course that's an awful lot of sara. :P

On another happy note, I met a really good friend in-game today - I Steele I (the player who gave me his santa after mine was taken) quit awhile ago, after giving away his possessions to friends. He no longer has that account, but is back in the form of I Steele I and I'm very to talk to him again. :)

Edit - did something after writing this post again lol. Soloed sara again, got 7 kills this time. Nothing special, my only food drop was one summer pie though. So I am getting better. One of my friends get 10+ every time so I have a ways to go, however.

ooooooohhhhh mmmmmyyyyyyyyyy gggggggggoooooooooooodddddddddddd omg omg omg omg omg om gomg!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Ty Veyron for Siggy help!

@Extremefish - Sara gwd is ftw! <3: So ftw, in fact, I may take awhile to get back to magic lol. Once I do that I'll have it in like 4 days though.

@Peter - I'm in love with you too <3 and I'm trying

@Etp - lol

Didn't play rs today, which is rare enough to necessitate a post. :P

Hey dude, i'd like to sara with you some time, i'm getting 70 agility atm, 68 right now. I'd love to learn, i'm pretty sure I got the stats too.

Grats on the Sara Swords aswell. :thumbsup:

skyrim_by_katri_n-d3hewko.png

@Both of you - I'm always happy to get new teammates, but 85 ranging is really the minimum requirement for effective sara. I'm sorry to throw another hurdle at you after 70 agility, but that's just the way it is. I'll add you guys, but I'll have to force you to get 85 before I take you along. :P

Was close to a ranged level today so I did my slayer task.

ScreenShot004-13.png

Then went trio ranging with Daygon5 and Evilbodygard... first time with guthans, and it owned. Had to leave because birds ran out.

ScreenShot006-13.png

ScreenShot008-6.png

Then I soloed, got 9 kills with only 2 summer pie food drops... slowly increasing. \'

Then I went 3 man ranging with Shadowking72 and Intheclubpio... and S H O R T Z joined us because his team ran out of supplies... he hopped lol.

Got 78 kc or something, the birds ran out, we kept going until we were out of energy. First dry team trip in awhile lol.

So many solo kills! :shock:

This is something I'd definitely want to try. I think I have the stats to do it, any chance you could post a rundown of the method and inventories? I want to get myself an SGS and if I'm getting more kills per trip at Sara it kinda makes sense to do that instead of Armadyl. ;)

Keep it up at GWD, the swords are an awesome start and I hope you get some hilts soon. <3:

@Shadow - It's hard to hold a grudge with all those sara swords, but I've killed quite a few and no hilts for a loooooong time lol.

@Kota - L

@Sir Hartlar - You can consider yourself pm't.

@Darkace - Yus.

@Thiesje - Thanks, I'll try. <3:

Didn't do an awful lot today, went to see Get Smart, it was really funny. :) Soloed and only got 5 kills, then went on a 78 or so kc trio trip and died due to carelessness, was blessed and got the stuff back. It was dry. :P

Thanks guy :) I'll try.

Today I soloed and got 6 kills... seems I've gotten worse again lol. I wanted soo badly to finish the 7th kill that it took a timely activation of my ring of life to make me leave.

So I went again. Except this time, just as I went in, RS stopped moving. I was staring at a static Commander Zilyana facing menacingly towards me. Suddenly a million different red splats hit me, and I'm in falador.

With 8 hitpoints. I'm never going to sara without a rol lol.

Then I set up a trio trip that lasted 4 hours or so, we got 60 or 70 kills... could have had more but I had to go. Dry again.

I hope jagex hasn't been playing with hilt rates. :ohnoes:

Thanks guy :) I'll try.

Today I raped and got 6 chicks... seems I've gotten better again lol. I wanted soo badly to finish the 7th chick that it took a timely activation of my ring of life to make me leave.

So I went in bed again. Except this time, just as I went in, my [bleep] stopped moving. I was staring at a static Commander Zilyana facing menacingly towards me. Suddenly a million different [bleep]s hit me, and I'm in bed.

With 8 chicks. I'm never going to sara without a protectionl lol.

wow so naughty aneron

Still had the freezy rs problem this morning so I didn't solo, and there weren't enough people on to team so I did some slayer. No levels but I got some xp, and learned the power of using stat-boosting prayers on task. :)

Then I got together with some sara friends, except we were all a bit tired of sara because of our epic dry streak, so we went to arma instead, which proved to be rewarding.

ScreenShot010-3.png

Kinda funny lol, I doubt I've killed Kree 100 times.

I tried out the fruit bat familiar, with mixed results. It certainly did heal a great deal, maybe even more than a unicorn stallion would have. However, all throughout the fight I had to click the fruitfall button, then stop attacking kree to pick up the fruit and eat it, then go back to attacking Kree... pineapples are really annoying lol, because you have to cut them and then eat in four pieces to get the 8 hp. <.< But it's a good familiar overall, lets you say as long or longer than someone with a war tortoise, and you don't have to pay for the additional pots. Plus bananas are a lot easier to get than tortoise shells lol.

Only annoying thing was that the trip ended when I still had 1/3 of my brews (2!). :P

I figured out that the freezing was because of firefox 3, which takes more RAM than firefox 2, so I switched to SK and went on a solo trip and got 8 kills.

And now, I have a dilemma. When jagex fixes ape atoll, I can't decide whether or not to take advantage and chin 99 ranged. I'd always planned to slay 99 ranged, but if I ever want to make good money at gwd with 99 ranged, I really have to chin it. By the time I could slay 99 ranged the most expensive godsword will be 50m. :roll: So if you read this please tell me your opinion. :P I think it would cost like 20m tops using my sekkrit efficient chinning methods.

The reason I'm reluctant to is because it means all the cannoning I do from now on would ultimately make the chinning a waste, and because I do need money to use all the charms I'll get from 99 magic (which I do have banked, approximately).

So the question is, is the difference between 91 and 99 ranged worth 20m and about 32 hours?