• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

people posted amg

so for a week I participated in the TSG slayer competition and discovered that kuradal is plotting to make staffs of light cost less. note: i got no whips or d bows during this comp

100721124206.jpg

100721162751.jpg

100723121650.jpg

100723123656.jpg

100804163552o.jpg

also been doing some clues lol

100724121656.jpg

100804142552.jpg

100807201636.jpg

got an elite clue from starlight soloing. shortly after, these 2 guys came into the room and I thought they were going to try and crash or something, but they were there to kill the minis hunting for elite clues, lol. then a bit later they crashed me with ruby bolts :/ luckily sara is easy to hop at lol. no drops as usual :<

teh bstaffs are buying slowly. I'm lvl 94 atm but didnt screen last 2 levels. if anyone wants to buy some bstaffs for me just lemme know I'll buy as many as you have, thanks. :)

100727220338.jpg

also decided I want divine ss so there'll be more of this coming

100803142627.jpg

so right now I'm crafting and dungeoneering, and doing random chores like farming and shattered hearts and bork. might corp some too but I'm working on college applications so I don't want to compromise my future by scaping too much. idk what dung level I want but its fairly high. once occult or warped or whatever floors come out, the quality of dungeoneer doing the lower floors (the ones I'm stuck on :P) will probably decrease sharply, so I want to get as much advantage from them as I can

• 2 weeks later...

Still gettin teh level @

100815115241.jpg

100822180135.jpg

no smithing pic because I am a boss like that. also got 82 dg so far, getting teams outside of 117 is the most annoying thing in the world lol. and now that most people know about the dge world it's not even much better than 117 anymore, except for getting the higher level occult floors. oh well, it's still a really fun skill. hopefully soon my friends and I will be good enough to do a lot of floors together instead of finding randoms.

idk what to do for bonus xp weekend, construction is really the only buyable I still need a lot of levels in (apart from farming, in which I plan to do 2 tree runs before anything else). so I'm working on getting mahogany planks at the moment. also anyone who wants to sell me some bstaffs should pm me on here. :P

Nice mystic boots, lel.

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

• 4 weeks later...

this is copied from my rate this thread http://forum.tip.it/topic/277401-start-insert-6-years-of-scaping-stop/

I always intended to cancel my membership before going off to college, but I wasn't sure how difficult it would be. I probably wasn't expecting it to be this early (this is my senior year of high school), but during bonus xp weekend while I was grinding construction, it just occurred to me that I enjoy almost nothing in this game now. Since getting 99 slayer a year and a half ago, I've done various skilling projects, and gotten a pretty good bit of xp past 99 in slayer. For awhile I wondered if slaying indefinitely would be my occupation once I was finished with everything else, but it's too mind-numbing, and I'd rather not be doing something on scape that I don't enjoy than something outside of scape which if nothing else would probably contribute more to my real world well-being.

A brief history of my account, it was created during the fall of 2004. I didn't have a home computer until about a year after that, but I did play occasionally at a friend's house and the library where my mom works so I'm counting that year. :P I don't recall exactly when I got p2p, but I think that I did a summer and cancelled, a december and cancelled, another summer, another december, and then on spring break I bought it and just kept it (that would be in 2007 I think). In the midst of all that bouncing back and forth I got 99 firemaking and cooking. After that, I really devoted myself to combat, maxing magic and hitpoints at rock lobsters summer 2008 first, then getting 99 prayer a bit later that fall (funded by sara godwars). I slayed through the winter, maxing ranged and summoning, then my three melees, and then slayer spring 2009. Since then I've done random monster hunting and chillling with my friends and skilling, really. This year I also picked up the habit of merchanting, which was really the only thing I did consistently.

The fact of the matter is that most of the things in scape are pretty dull. Corp and dungeoneering aren't too bad, but I don't think they're worth $5/month just for the privilege of being able to waste time on them. Honestly there are funorb games which are more engaging than runescape's most challenging gameplay. So I'm ending my membership now with no regrets for the time I've spent on this game - I've made some excellent friends, whom I hope to keep in touch with as all of us go to college. Specifically I'd like to thank:

Alex for being cool and nice to talk to, and saving me from teh rc pkers

Nick for keeping the pimp hand strong

Raider for teaching me the very important lesson that "money in teh hands of newbs is just money that has not yet been given to me threw the ge"

Tanner for always banning e8

Cav for making me aspire to be more efficient, and being awesome

Conner for being funny and yet thought-provoking

Simon for being great at monster hunting

Brent probably won't see this, but thanks for giving me one of your spare santas when a friend took mine :(

To keep this from being too obnoxious, thanks to Gremmy and Chad and Chris and Matt and Officercarl and Jeroen and e8 and everyone I missed as well. You guys are awesome.

On to the part we all care about.

WHAT I ACCOMPLISHED:

Here's my closing bank:

[hide]bankc.png[/hide]

I estimate that 350-500M of that was generated since the beginning of 2010 via merching; it's definitely an activity I'd recommend for people who like fast xp and nice items. To those who say it's wrong, I'd like to point out that merchants are making money off of you as I type. What can you do but merch back, and as long as everyone does it the system will break even. All that flipping does anyways is keep the market fluid.

Here's a bob to give an idea of my net:

100920163259.jpg

And here are my closing stats:

statsxc.png

In about 6 years, I played scape for 213 days even. That means that during those 6 years, 9.7% of my total time was spent on scape, not to mention time on forums etc. This is 14.6% of my waking hours assuming that I slept an average of 8 hours per night, or 29.2% of my free time, assuming 8 hours of school every single day, which wasn't the case of course lol.

During these 213 days (5112 hours) I gained almost exactly 300 million experience, meaning I averaged 58.7k xp/hour - could be worse.

Notable things I did:

- get a lot of hilts

- get a draconic visage (this didn't happen until I did the karamja elite diary a week ago actually haha)

- either top or get #2 on runemonkey for something one day (was when I did rock lobs for magic/hp)

- lose an ags pking

- do every quest, and love them

- be recognized by a complete stranger for my ranking on the hiscores (was when this pic was current, check teh summoning)

ScreenShot001-36.png?t=1285018871

Things I didn't do:

- be good at pking

- place well in a tsg slayer competition

- be an active participant in a serious clan

- solo a hilt, despite 4-500 solo kills

- get a sigil, although I didn't kill corp enough to deserve one anyways

--

That's all I've got. Grats if you read this far, feel free to rate me haha. I'm glad I found a game that gave me so many good times. I'll probably be on arcanists for awhile yet. :P

See ya mate, will you be staying on IRC? If not I'm afraid I'll need your MSN, Steam or Facebook.

ily

Dragon drops: 82 (2 claws)

Dagannoth kings drops: 73

Barrows item count: 51

GWD drops: 54 (5 hilts: 1x bandos, 3x saradomin, 1x zamorak)

Whips: 4

Sigils: 1x spectral (FFA), 1x arcane (FFA)

• 3 months later...

Aneronnnn!

I know you quit but whenever you'll come back and look at your blog, hopefully this will make you smile. (PM me btw i want news!, or you can just say Hi) <3:

You've always been someone i admired in RS, you're an awesome friend that i wont forget for a long long time! :)

I miss you buddy!

~Skippyyy (:

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png