What skill could YOU live without?

nightzero

Let's not forget about Shades of Mort'ton either! It's one of the main ways I make my money. VERY profitable at 85 firemaking, and is crazy prayer XP.

As for a skill I could live without, I'd say hunter. I rarely use it, and only trained it ONCE for a quest. I just find it boring and slow and for the most part useless. But the same could be said for almost any other skill.

Forgot about that (and Vyre-burning), though it IS amazing that one can make money off this npw that fine cloth is well...worthless.

Hunter's got it's uses (spottier cape), that same can be said about anything and everything.

I'm not talking about fine cloth....that stuff is junk. I'm talking about all the rune items and not to mention the LOADS of level 3 clues you get.(my average is 1 clue per every 28 silver keys.)

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

300-400k an hour isn't "very" good money. There's much better ways of money. Not to mention the limited number of chin spots.

Or u can make 1mil per hour catching d imps...

That's completely random. Dragon arrowheads aren't exactly common, and Dragon Darts aren't worth a lot anyways.

Dragon Implings, that's leaving it to the Higher Ups and your hidden "Luck skill". While chinchompas are viturely guranteed money...

So it's either risk your luck with d imps or 300-400k an hour with the added hassle of the thousands of others that want chins. Not worth it imo.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

300-400k an hour isn't "very" good money. There's much better ways of money. Not to mention the limited number of chin spots.

Or u can make 1mil per hour catching d imps...

That's completely random. Dragon arrowheads aren't exactly common, and Dragon Darts aren't worth a lot anyways.

Dragon Implings, that's leaving it to the Higher Ups and your hidden "Luck skill". While chinchompas are viturely guranteed money...

Actually dragon implings are sold on ge for 540k each so if you want guaranteed money, you can still make 1mil an hour even without the fabled "luck skill".

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

Actually dragon implings are sold on ge for 540k each so if you want guaranteed money, you can still make 1mil an hour even without the fabled "luck skill".

Yes, please tell me who actually BUYS these, so I can kill myself to get 83 Hunter for a not-so-guranteed sale.

Need a new signature....perhaps...

Yes, please tell me who actually BUYS these, so I can kill myself to get 83 Hunter for a not-so-guranteed sale.

Well seeing as the price went down 4% in the last week and up like 14% in the last 30 days, it must be selling :P . Unsellable items dont change in price

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

Well seeing as the price went down 4% in the last week and up like 14% in the last 30 days, it must be selling :P . Unsellable items dont change in price

Actually i know a few people that buy these. I stand corrected. D imps are good for money.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Game, Set and Match. I admit defeat.

Honestly, one skill that I can live without is runecrafting. I could simply get all my runes from monster drops, and have them actually worth the good amount that they used to be before they were craftable. Also, 99 magic would also be a heck lot more respectable to have.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I could live without:

Runecrafting, Agility, Herblore, Thieving, Crafting, Fletching, Mining, Smithing, Fishing, Cooking, Firemaking, Woodcutting, Farming, Construction and Hunter...

Hehe, just kidding. I am HUGELY combat based, so I do see the usefulness and understand how they all directly or indirectly relate to combats, in a lot of those skills.

In reality, I could live without firemaking. It's pointless, and should have been implemented as a sub skill, rather than have its own skill.

Alpha_Koldes.png

-

Man, I really do love Runescape, and I'm sure if it was a real person I would of asked it to marry me by now.

I don't think I could live without any skill. Every single skill is useful, and most skills support most other skills in ways that people don't even think about. I'm gonna list a few uses for the lesser thought of skills:

Farming: Herbs- herblore; sweetcorn- tuna potatoes; trees- woodcutting; spirit trees- self explanitory; fungi-herblore

Firemaking: Shade/Vyre burning- MANY useful rewards; light sources- dungeons; simply lighting a fire to cook an odd fish

Hunter: Implings are quite good providers of random raw materials; chinchompas for range training, salamanders for range

Thieving: Excellent provider of misc. raw materials, good money-maker, most people simply don't look at the amount of different useful things you can obtain

Construction: Possibly the most useful. Altar- recharge/train prayer; lecturns- make teletabs; portals- self explanitory; kitchen- make a quick food item you need at easy access; costume room- bank space massiah. All at easy access!

If I really had to choose one to lose, I'd probably make it fletching. Although I sometimes like to make my own arrows to avoid spending money, I just don't use this often enough.

tvnet_banner-2.jpg

I don't think I could live without any skill. Every single skill is useful, and most skills support most other skills in ways that people don't even think about.

Must agree here. People always say to get rid of Firemaking when they always overlook everything but the "lighting fire to cook fish on is stupid" part. Most people forget that Firemaking is vital to questing (Contact!, anyone?), and that it ironicly helps Prayer. (which some people deem useless anyway.)

I don't think I could live without any skill. Every single skill is useful, and most skills support most other skills in ways that people don't even think about.

Must agree here. People always say to get rid of Firemaking when they always overlook everything but the "lighting fire to cook fish on is stupid" part. Most people forget that Firemaking is vital to questing (Contact!, anyone?), and that it ironicly helps Prayer. (which some people deem useless anyway.)

I guess you didnt read my post, but ah well. I explained that you could change the small parts, like the "vital to questing" part, etc. We could make lightning lanterns part of crafting or magic or something.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?

The skill that I could live without would be slayer. It is very useless to me. It just dosent make sense why we should have a certain level in order to kill certain monsters, its basically the same thing like normal melee just that it requires a special item to prevent death, why should I raise my slayer lvl to 60 just to wear a nosepeg to kill smelly ghosts? (Although they do drop awesome herbs).

I find both farming and hunting fun as it is alike the real life thing just much easier.

00:00:05

00:00:04

00:00:03

00:00:02

00:00:01

00:00:00

Break the Walls down!

I guess you didnt read my post, but ah well. I explained that you could change the small parts, like the "vital to questing" part, etc. We could make lightning lanterns part of crafting or magic or something.

I DID read your post. You missed mine.

I said that Crafting's already part of Light-Sourcing (glass parts of lanturns). Magic wouldn't work, because not many people would waste runes for a "light puck" that only lasts maybe 5 minutes?

Also, you can't really light a magic fire in a normal lanturn. Again, another waste of runes, plus, Magic + Oil = Badddd...

And what does Crafting have to do with lighting fires? Besides making glass lanturn parts...

I'd say mining for me. I *hate* mining, and I gave up seriously training it after I realized desert wyrms didn't give mining exp for the ores they dug up (Why not?!?!). I hate it even more because its my only skill that isn't ranked :x

Besides, the best melee weapons and armour (Everything dragon, whips, godswords, barrows) don't require ore.

Air_Dragon15.png

Farming -- Just a useless skill all around. Herbs should of stayed hard to get so that when you got a herb from a monster you actually picked it up, rather than right clicking and checking to see if it is a ranarr.

No, it's a great way to make money. I'm not sure how, but if Qeltar says so then it's probably true ;)

Personally, I could live without Firemaking, but as others have pointed out it isn't useless to the point that it deserves to be simply removed from the game.

Ah, this reminds me about the noob on the Runescape forums who was upset with the quest "Cold War" because apparently his grandparents died in the war. :wall:

[quote name="Ultimakomoto

Must agree here. People always say to get rid of Firemaking when they always overlook everything but the "lighting fire to cook fish on is stupid" part. Most people forget that Firemaking is vital to questing (Contact!' date=' anyone?), and that it ironicly helps Prayer. (which some people deem useless anyway.)[/quote]

Why would people not waste runes for a "light puck" fire runes are almost the same price and willows and for fires as good as yews we could use astrals, which are smilar prices. Also crafting has everything to do with lightning fires, you're getting way too practical "firemaking" isnt anything in real life, it can easily be a subskill to crafting as you could "craft" a fire (rofl). And also you're being way too nitpicky about crafting and firemaking combining..remember this is a game where you kill three headed dragons..anything's possible.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?