What skill could YOU live without?

nightzero

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thieving and fletching :P

(id say fm but then I'd lose my cape, and only have fletch and cook left and I'd feel noob :P)

Also farming, cons, agility, summoning, herblore, prayer.

Don't really have a use for me :)

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Why would people not waste runes for a "light puck" fire runes are almost the same price and willows and for fires as good as yews we could use astrals, which are smilar prices. Also crafting has everything to do with lightning fires, you're getting way too practical "firemaking" isnt anything in real life, it can easily be a subskill to crafting as you could "craft" a fire (rofl). And also you're being way too nitpicky about crafting and firemaking combining..remember this is a game where you kill three headed dragons..anything's possible.

Oh yes, "firecrafting", I'd love to see that. You can make fires in all sorts of shapes and even numbers! What an awesome update!

[end sarcasim]

It's the idea that Crafting and Firemaking are two separate things...

Side note: you kinda screwed up the quote section...

Need a new signature....perhaps...

Rawr. I remember yelling at people on so many threads on RSOF about "wtf get rid of firemaeking!!!1". Firemaking is very useful. But I don't feel like going over my spiel right now, so I'll let that go.

I think we could probably do without fletching, as only about .00001% of all bows made are actually used for ranged, and arrows come from many different places now.

Really, there aren't any stats that don't have *any* importance, though. I could live without stats that were released in my play time, though. :P (Slayer, Farming, Contruction, Hunter, Summoning, you know.)

Three skills I could live without are Firemaking, Attack, and Strength. Firemaking's current abilities could just be fused with Woodcutting. Attack and Strength could become melee, therefore making maxed combat level the same for all three points of the triangle.

If the CORPORAL beast is this hard, imagine how hard a GENERAL or COLONEL beast would be. a corporal is not even an admirable rank in armies that use that ranking system.

Yeah, it is a pking minigame, so any arguments anybody makes will probably be biased.

The best way this will end :Everybody just says,"I'm not arguing with you anymore, goodbye."

The worst way this will end: I don't really know, psychological warfare? Worldwide thermonuclear war? Pie eating contest?

Three skills I could live without are Firemaking, Attack, and Strength. Firemaking's current abilities could just be fused with Woodcutting. Attack and Strength could become melee, therefore making maxed combat level the same for all three points of the triangle.

Chopping logs and lighting them are two different things.

Also, Attack and Strength can't be combined together, as you forgot Defense...

Need a new signature....perhaps...

smithing...

I think in the past, rs is trying to make smithing a skill that you need to mine your own ore, smelt it yourself, and then smith them, what ppl can do now is just buy tons of bar from ge, then smith them...

Now it is just a skill that you will only waste money on...(except for cballs of course).

I used cballs a lot, but it is not necessary, so I dun think i really need smithing.

untrimmedslayercape2.png

U N T R I M M E D S L A Y E R C A P E - 22 August 2009 (No Soul War used for any exp)

Memberlist of Untrimmed Slayer and seeker: http://www.runehead.com/clans/ml.php?clan=untrimslay

Q U E S T C A P E - 31 May 2008

~ F I R E C A P E ~ - 5 Dec 2008

Firemaking - no use really, most levels are just used as requirements in quests nowadays :x

Farming - love the trim of the cape, but it absolutely bores me to death. Yes you don't have to wait and such, but surely there's a more fun way of training it o_O it's very profitable I must say, but still, I don't like waiting to pick money from trees :lol:

Hunter - mainly coz it's always crowded and it's so repetitive - lay down box, wait for animal to go in, pick up, reset.. ARGHHH :wall:

Mining - I could live without mining, to make it a skill I couldn't live without, it would have to be setup in the way that woodcutting works - where you click on one tree, and it cuts several logs. with mining you should be able to click on one rock and mine several of them, otherwise it takes too long to make money.

Well there's more than 1 skill I could live without lol :mrgreen:

2vuhgcn.png

Farming seems to me to be a fairly useless skill in terms of the effects it has on the economy. I think it's just another 99 levels that you can put onto your total level, but really that's it.

I could definitely live without Farming.

Click here.

If you go there good things will transpire.

i like all skills , exept of prayer..

i'm pure f2p myself and i enjoy it but prayer is just to hard

[hide=click]my parents wont let me become member so i've take peace with it , if i get a good report , i may become member in july :D[/hide]

^click if u want to know why i'm f2p

i would like if there was a new type of bones in f2p , to speed it up a bit =P~

ffvsiefh7.gif

What-the-deuce.jpg

Signature by Littleboy

Runescape and impatient people are like ying and yang, they exist as one, they need each other

All the skills have up and down sides. There isnt a skill that isnt needed. Well... i suppose i could live without summoning, after all it was only added a few months ago and it hasnt changed the way i play much, apart from being poorer :wall:

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Really loved firemaking back at RSC, when the fires still came up on the minimap and you could make images like that. They was no point in firemaking what so ever, but atleast you could do funnies.

After RS2, no more funnies, so yeah, I can live without firemaking. (as long as I'm P2P, once I'm F2P, I'll seriously need firemaking for fishing my lobsters and swordfish)

I could live without thieving I guess. I don't like training it and I never use it. It really doesn't interfear with other skills either.

99 ranged | 99 magic | 99 defence | 99 hitpoints

Remember, it's just a game

Feel free to add me on RS. :) Always ready for a chat.

I would definatly go with construction. Because it is a money burner. But it does have a use. Barrowing was never complete untill Construction came out :P

Other than Construction I would go with Fletching and agree with Outsanity. If you can't make money with it... What else is there. I doubt anyone in this game actually fletches his own arrows. It takes way too long.

©Tom®

Tomarothar.png

~~~~~~~~~~~~Goals keep you going~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Current goal : All skills 80+. Skills left: 69/80 Summoning.

Next goal : 99 Magic. Skills left: 96/99 Magic.

Why would people not waste runes for a "light puck" fire runes are almost the same price and willows and for fires as good as yews we could use astrals, which are smilar prices. Also crafting has everything to do with lightning fires, you're getting way too practical "firemaking" isnt anything in real life, it can easily be a subskill to crafting as you could "craft" a fire (rofl). And also you're being way too nitpicky about crafting and firemaking combining..remember this is a game where you kill three headed dragons..anything's possible.

Oh yes, "firecrafting", I'd love to see that. You can make fires in all sorts of shapes and even numbers! What an awesome update!

[end sarcasim]

It's the idea that Crafting and Firemaking are two separate things...

Side note: you kinda screwed up the quote section...

Yea, you're really taking my post out of proportion...I just said that firemaking would be part of crafting, instead of being it's own skill. As for the argument that crafting is crafting and firemaking is firemaking just look at smithing. You can smelt AND smith with smithing and theres no skill called smelting :P. Of coruse if there was you would say there's no way to combine those two :roll:

Yea I kinda butchered that last post.

Subzero-x3.gif

lulz wut?