Achievement Capes' Respect

Pat_61

edit: And no one better use the "why don't you have it if it's so easy" argument. If i wanted to, i'd get it in 2 weeks. But i prefer a harder achievment. Such as Range or Defense. I like spending months on a skill instead of having it under a month.

Range along with prayer, magic, smithing, construction, crafting, and herblore are all buyable capes. Just, b/c they are more expensive does not mean they are not buyable.

Range-Chinchompas

Magic-Ancientz

Prayer-D-bones and Poh...might be fastest skill to get to 99.

Smithing-Gold ore

How can you look down on fletching and cooking, while you highly upon these skills. They should all be under the same category. "Can be done in two weeks with enough money."

Hunter is looked down upon too and you cant buy it.

With 91+ rcing (which I have) I can make the money to buy 99 cooking in a little less then 10 hrs... It would take me about 100 hrs to get the money for prayer. You're point is ignorant, seen as you didn't even think it through.

bling3.png

[blingkachi50]

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top 5 in my books:

Slayer - takes FOREVER and you kill atleast 100K monsters in the process, not even mentioning time to bank, get tasks, get certain equipment, teleport etc.

Prayer - not only does it cost atleast 80M, but you also have to then gild-altar atleast 40K dragon bones with I don't know how many hundred thousand clicks. I tried my best but managed to bury 16 bones in the process towards 99 prayer myself.

Runecraft - takes long also, but is much faster than slayer - especially if you enjoy this skill. It's also doesn't cost 80M++ to get to 99 which is another reason why I think it should be rank 3.

Agility - Can't buy a cent of exp, takes forever, is extremely boring, but shows how determined you are to get through tons of painstakingly long hours of running around in circles for it.

Mining - this also takes forever and it's truly one of the hardest 99s out there.

Those are the top 5 I reckon. You can disagree with me but you know i'm right :lol:

2vuhgcn.png

Someone could have given them the money or they could have scammed people.

um, where have you been? you cant really "give" someone money for a 99 skill. unless its hunter and you give them 20k worth of hunting equipment.

scamming? how? unless someone is coerced into putting items into the party chest.

gf.

Im not an idiot, but for those of us who were playing before the update. I guess your a lil new to remember unbalanced trading, pking, duel arena, bots, and being able to buy gp.

edit: And no one better use the "why don't you have it if it's so easy" argument. If i wanted to, i'd get it in 2 weeks. But i prefer a harder achievment. Such as Range or Defense. I like spending months on a skill instead of having it under a month.

Range along with prayer, magic, smithing, construction, crafting, and herblore are all buyable capes. Just, b/c they are more expensive does not mean they are not buyable.

Range-Chinchompas

Magic-Ancientz

Prayer-D-bones and Poh...might be fastest skill to get to 99.

Smithing-Gold ore

How can you look down on fletching and cooking, while you highly upon these skills. They should all be under the same category. "Can be done in two weeks with enough money."

Hunter is looked down upon too and you cant buy it.

With 91+ rcing (which I have) I can make the money to buy 99 cooking in a little less then 10 hrs... It would take me about 100 hrs to get the money for prayer. You're point is ignorant, seen as you didn't even think it through.

How is it ignorant to point out all the buyable skills? I think most you are being ignorant to the point that a lot skills are buyable. I respect your 91 rc congrats on that. Why should we respect money in a game such as rs when there are so many ways to earn it besides hard work.

As seen throughout this thread, this matter is subjective and all depends on who you ask. Personally, I don't think people should determine how much they respect someone because of what 99's they have (or don't have, for that matter). Sure, It's cooler to see someone with one (or more) of those "hard-to-get" 99's than say cooking (one of the most common 99's, and rightfully so (I got it in about 2 weeks (after spending about 4 months getting 99 fishing :XD:))), but that just isn't one of the factors that influences my respect for people.

Now, if you were to change the subject to the value a certain 99 would hold for people, then this changes things drastically and I would have to say that I value certain 99's more than others, but, again, these values are going to differ from person to person and any form of concensus on the issue is practically impossible to reach. This, in turn, means that it is pointless to argue about which ones are more valuable than others and is the reason I will not be posting my own views of different 99's.

> SELECT * FROM users WHERE clue > 0;

0 rows returned

There's no place like 127.0.0.1

There are only 10 types of people

in this world: those who understand

binary and those who don't.

This statement is false.

$DO || ! $DO ; try

try: command not found

Someone could have given them the money or they could have scammed people.

um, where have you been? you cant really "give" someone money for a 99 skill. unless its hunter and you give them 20k worth of hunting equipment.

scamming? how? unless someone is coerced into putting items into the party chest.

gf.

Because nobody even thought of this BEFORE the update?

Heh I respect all capes apart from cooking,...Fletching is a hell of alot harder.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Oh no...not this argument again :shock:

I think anyone with a skill cape is respected, regardless of what one it is. They just aren't looked up to or admired. This isn't me personally but i've seen people who respect the more commonly seen ones but they don't admire them.

Take the Fletching cape for example. Go to world 6 Camelot bank and you see like 6. People tend to look at these capes. They stand out. But if there is one person with another cape, say Runecrafting or....dare i say... Summoning :o people's attention is on them. This comes from personal experience.

Runecrafting, Constructions, Summoning :lol: and Slayer are the most looked upto.

Least?

Fletching and Cooking.

lampost_sig_stark.png

I'll respect any cape as long as you are not just doing it to get the 99. If that is so, then you shouldn't be wearing that cape. If you do a skill, and you enjoy it, then kudos for you.

If you get 99 cooking or fletching and go beyond the 99 limit (~13m xp), then you have my respect.

~Dan

overall-1.png: 1437 combat.png: 173
Lowest Combat to 1,000 Total in F2P (23 Combat)
2r8i4.png
Check me out on YouTube!

I think all capes need respect. However, lots of people will not give respect to cooking fletching and firemaking(as i found out when i got my cape)

I respect every cape, but more that others... top of my list is mining and runecrafting. Bottom is fletching and cooking. Thats how i look at it, also i give a lot of respect to quest cape, i hate quest with a passion... #-o

-Haseo

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

If you respect someone over some skill in a game, you're an idiot.

I agree, but they don't respect the person, they respect the Cape. A la the title of the thread. It takes a lot more than a pretty summoning cape to get my Human Respect.

I still to this day don't understand why so many people end up with 99 WC, do lots of people like it because thats why I got it. But it ain't exactly easy, sure its not focus driven but the time is still there. I was 45k an hour at 98, that was Yews so add a bit for Willows etc.

Not necessarily. You can respect their effort/determination for gaining something. Doesn't mean you respect as a person, eg. their personality. Your no idiot for admiring someones abilities be them virtual or not.

Costantino.png

Obviously the 83 in question was speaking out of jealousy since he didn't have a skillcape. I think that all achievement capes deserve respect no matter if you think the skill is 'easy' or not. The quest cape, in my opinion, should be one of the most respected because you always have something more to do to hold onto it whenever a new quest comes out.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

The most respected cape would be slayer or prayer. prayer can be bought but takes time and slayer taking training of atleast one other skill. IMO quest should be respected because you have to keep re-earning it. Not to mention there is a 85 combat requirement and you have to be well rounded in all skills. It takes time, devotion, and brains if you don't use guides.

orlysw4.jpg

People are just morons. Ignore them and go about your business.

^ QFT

Most people who complain that certain skillcapes are too easy or "noob anyone can buy them" probably don't have the capes themselves. Get the cape then comment about it?

All 99 Skill Achievement Cape owners deserve a little bit respect, even if it is something small and supposedly easy. They all take time and effort, and are not an overnight sorta thing.

Although, people who insult others are generally jealous in my experience. :P

Achieved 99 Woodcutting on 12/06/08

You don't respect them, you respect their patience and willpower to get there in the first place.

DOn't see how it makes you an idiot, as I bet you've done it before too.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Ibelieve any cape is worth praise, whether it's an easy to obtain Fletching/Cooking to a really difficult cape to obtain(Slayer/ Agility)

whether it's buyable or not, if your willing to work hard to get a 99 in a skill you deserve a bit of praise for it.

Zaroterasu.png

although people are right about buyable skills, its true, they are somewat noobish and makes other capes look better... like melee, rcing, mining, farm, and any other cape that isnt buyable... and btw, im getting atk cape soon!!

no154.png

no154.png

no154.png

34,105th to 99 atk

All 99 Skill Achievement Cape owners deserve a little bit respect, even if it is something small and supposedly easy. They all take time and effort, and are not an overnight sorta thing.

Although, people who insult others are generally jealous in my experience. :P

^QFT!

ALL the skillcape owners had to go a long way!(well..with maybe an exeption of hunter)

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011