Runescape turns into Single Player. Could you survive ?

Skyflipper0

Imagine... RuneScape is no more a multi player game.

You are the only player of the game!

There is no more economy because every single item you have to achieve ur own.

You wont be able to wield an Abyssal whip until you achieved 85 Slayer

Many things that you would say: "I just buy it in a second!" would become very hard

Another example: You want full guthan to train slayer, but no. Just get all the 4 guthan items from barrows your own!

What would you do? It would make the game alot harder and more challenging

But probably alot more boring and you have no contact with other players!

Discuss!

skyflipper0.png

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup, without player interaction runescape would die a quick and painless death. No teams, no friends, no PVP, no way to get good weapons\armor without spending months working for it like crazy, no sense of achievement if you do... Basically many of the things wrong with single player games, minus graphics and AI.

DeviledEgg24.png

Drops: 1x Draconic Visage, 56x Abyssal Whip, 5x Demon Head, D Drops: 37, Barrows Drops: 43, DK Drops: 29

GWD drops: 14,000x Bars, 1x Armadyl Hilt, 2x Armadyl Skirt, 4x Sara Sword, 1x Saradomin Hilt, 8x Bandos Hilt, 8x Bandos Platebody, 9x Bandos Tassets, 4x Bandos Boots, 43x Godsword Shard, 82x Dragon Boots

Dry streak records: Saradomin 412 kills Bandos 988 kills Spirit Mages 633 kills - Slayer Sucks

As it would never happen, I'm not going to bother discussing it.

If I am not mistaken, you just did.

If Runescape were single player it would be extremely boring and tedious. I would cease playing immediately.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

If Runescape were single player it would be extremely boring and tedious. I would cease playing immediately.

You are mistaken, because that was not discussing it. ;) I didn't say about whether I would personally think it would be bad or boring. I just said it wouldn't happen. :P Please don't try to pull me up on what I say. ;)

Would create an interestingly long game in a bad way. I'd quit like most would.

You are mistaken, because that was not discussing it. ;) I didn't say about whether I would personally think it would be bad or boring. I just said it wouldn't happen. :P Please don't try to pull me up on what I say. ;)

So you reply to the topic to say you wouldn't?
Costantino.png

So you reply to the topic to say you wouldn't?

Yes, exactly. It's a nice way of saying I think the topic is stupid and pointless, as it (the single-player RS thing) is not going to happen. But I didn't want to say that and hurt feelings. So instead I said I didn't want to discuss it, and tried to leave a subtle hit. But instead got prodded at for it, and here I am explaining myself. :(

I would definetly quit. Singleplayer runescape becomes almost as bad as tetris. And i don't like tetris. As singleplayer, runescape doesn't have very much intereting options, since there isn't really other ppl to compete with, thus no sense of achievment, and so it becomes very boring.

I'd quit for sure.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

I probably wouldn't quit.

And to those saying a game like that could never survive, it can. Diablo 2, WITHOUT Battle net.

Extremely playable. I don't even play the battlenet version anymore.

"The greatest joy a man can know is to conquer his enemies and drive them before him. To ride their horses and take away their possessions. To see the faces of those who were dear to them bedewed with tears, and to clasp their wives and daughters in his arms."

-Genghis Khan

With the trade limitations, it already felt like it turned into a Single Player game, to myself that is. I personally am the one that would host drop parties, raise levels and collect stuff just so I could trade my friends. I basically played for my friends, but with the trade limitations, I can't do that anymore. It basically took out the reason why I do play, the only reason why I would play now is for personal benefits of passing the time, rather than working to achieve something great to help out my friends.

So in other words, yeah I could play single player, I feel like I already do that now. But now if you remove chat/friends, then yes, I am gone. :P

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

If that happens, I'd dust off my old Atari 2600 and just play Asteroids :|

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

I'd quit.

End of story.

made0f12une.png

^^ClicK^^

"I backed my car into a cop car the other day

Well he just drove off sometimes life's ok

Alright already we'll all float on