Runescape turns into Single Player. Could you survive ?

Skyflipper0

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am assuming that being the only person we would have to start over with a clean bank.

yes I could survive seeing how I have several ways to make money alone which are fairly high leveled and my skills are well balanced so I could supply myself with the items needed to say get the guthans you talked of.

billybobj282.gif

The game would probably break.

Sheild of Arrav and Heros are two examples of why single player doesnt work.

Grand exchange also wont work. (unless you plan on selling items to yourself for profit).

the way that the grand exchange is set up would prevent you form selling to yourself for a profit.

billybobj282.gif

I wouldn't play it, not for the fact that it would be annoying and long, but for the fact that there is no interaction. The thing that makes Runescape, Runescape is the interaction between its players. Even if u make some kind of achievement who r u to show it off to...

Didn't read all replies, but do you guys realize that if rs was one player only, jagex would update the game to make leveling much faster and the game much less tedious? Without player competition, there would be no incentive for the game to be horrendously drawn out and there would probably be no monthly fee either, as the entire game would be playable from your computer instead of from far away servers.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

Seriously. The question wasn't "Would you quit?", it was "Wpuld you survive?" Stay on topic!

On Topic: At first I'd be afraid, maybe petrified. But as long as I know how to skill I know I'd stay alive.

Shivan.png

It's called the "Grand Exchange," and not the "Grand Alwaysatyourservicetodoyourbidding,regardlessoftheneedsofothers," for a reason.

107,992 to 99 cooking

96,545 to 99 fletching

24,699 to 99 smithing

I would indeed be happy if someone stopped spreading cancer all over this place. Even though it tends to be funny to read, but not as much when someone who demands people to make way for him comes along and decides to call others arrogant.

Seriously. The question wasn't "Would you quit?", it was "Wpuld you survive?" Stay on topic!

On Topic: At first I'd be afraid, maybe petrified. But as long as I know how to skill I know I'd stay alive.

ok then...

Id survive but i would quit rs ;)

129-130-331-59255585 RS Forums.

With no other players no.

But I probaly would if it was all dependant on you getting the items, but there being other players to play mini-games and talking with etc.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

If Runescape suddenly would turn to be single player, it would be like returning to how I used to play it 4 years ago. Back then I only relied on myself to get the things I wanted (or regular stores, of course). If I needed food, I would go fish! Or craft my own amulet, or go smithing... you get the point. Back then I used to play for the sheer enjoyment of discovering this new world, exploring the skills, solving the quests on my own.

But while I would have survived in such an environment (and I still rely on my own skills to get most of the basic things I want or need), it was the social factor that kept the game enjoyable. Cooperating or competing - without friends and a sense of community, Runescape would be just a dead, meaningless pass time with little sense of achievement. I would not want that and I would eventually quit of boredom and only come back for nostalgic moments of what I have spent so many years at enjoying.

Runescape is a life-style.

BlogofGlorySignatureFixed.gif

Technically, YES, because of my relatively high skill levels in F2P

But practically, NO, since the fun comes from interaction and mutual dependence. The game would be dead boring if I was the only player, let alone the boredom of collecting everything I need, despite my ability

Currently taking a break from Runescape

Not a chance in hell I could survive. I have a hard time finding the time/motivation to play as it is, without friends and competition, there would be no point at all.

As for items/materials, I couldn't either, since the Grand Exchange I've become completely reliant on it, the thought of gathering my own materials at the point of saving some money makes me feel awkward. :lol: