16 June 2008 - Development Diary and System Specifications

Mil

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not so sure about the low mem and graphics reqs. Right now i never play in High Detail because it slows my computer down alot.

My comp has an AMD turion 64x2 at 2.2ghz with 4 gig of ram, with about 1 gig of that dedicated to my ATI Radeon x1200.

I doubt that your ram is going to be a problem, most likely your graphics card.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Im not so sure about the low mem and graphics reqs. Right now i never play in High Detail because it slows my computer down alot.

My comp has an AMD turion 64x2 at 2.2ghz with 4 gig of ram, with about 1 gig of that dedicated to my ATI Radeon x1200.

It slows your computer down?!!!!!!!!!!

I still use a '98 box - 800MHZ processor :thumbsup: and it runs high detail perfectly. (So do the newer, XP, boxes but that's not the point.)

Pretty much any XP machine will have the processor/memory requirements; and if you play any other games then you almost certainly have a graphics card & will be fine.

It's only ppl like me who hang onto their old hardware for browsing that won't be able to run the new mode.

RS1600.png

Look out world of warcraft, you thought rs was annoying w/ old graphics? BRING IT ON! Love the pics...JAGEX IS KING.

Not to be negative or anything but WoW's graphics are still A LOT better.

I don't think so.

rskt4.png

wowwy2.png

Looks bad.

Probably will be P2P only.. :(

That'd be cruel. They didn't say a word about it going to be members' only.

If it's going to be full screen, there will be no spaces for ad's, therefore making it P2P only.

Mr_Smarty_1.png

Probably will be P2P only.. :(

That'd be cruel. They didn't say a word about it going to be members' only.

If it's going to be full screen, there will be no spaces for ad's, therefore making it P2P only.

The new graphics will be "optional". They repeated the word "optional" for the fullscreen, that means that you'll be able to play in Super Detail without the fullscreen. If the fullscreen is members only, the Super Detail still can be F2P.

In the end they mentioned about improving and adding new graphical features. I wonder what those could be :shock: :ohnoes: <3:

My dxdiag:

ScreenShot002.png

ScreenShot003.png

Blah. My computer isn't going to be good enough to run that =/ What a shame.

enex2sigjpegkm3.jpg

Do you hate Wyverns or Warped Terrorbirds? Think again! Misunderstood Monsters!

Want to become a Champion of Champions like I once was? Champion Scroll Guide!

Feeling Bored? List of Sidequests

Rare Drops: Dragon Sq Half : 1, Dragon Med : 2, Dragon Claws : 2, Dragon Legs : 1, Dragon Boots : 60+, Granite Legs: 8

Super detail will be available to f2p, I'll bet my left foot (Dibs goes to the first person to point it out of I'm wrong). Fullscreen will be members most likely, that's what they did with FunOrb.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

That new graphics remind me of a PS1 game...I can't just put my finger on :wall: And way to go improving the water :P I'd run over to Baxtorian Falls just to see the new water effect.

vv05c.png

[brought to you by the Cult of the Sacred Crate]

17th to 99 Smithing OSRS

I love the last screenshot. my computer has 350 meg card and all you neeed is 64 :D

plus 2.2ghz and 1 gig ram :D

Looking forward to this <3:

Sn'C Events Team Member

2v2bjuq.jpg

pixel-sig-1.gif

942nd to 99 hunter 2/8/07|26,042nd to reach 99 fletching 27/10/07|Quest Cape Achieved 22/1/08|50,000th to 99 Cooking 29/10/08

Dagannoth King Drops: 7 Zerkers 2 Axes 3 Warriors | Armadyl: 1 hilt first ever trip and kill | Barrows: 2 Dharok Legs 1 Ahrim Skirt 1 Torag Helm 1 Guthan Spear