16 June 2008 - Development Diary and System Specifications

Mil

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Computer specs on my 2 comps, tell me if they're good enough for max features: (probably not laptop)

Laptop

Intel® Celeron® 1.5 Ghz processor(minimum lol)

502 MB RAM

Display:

Name: Mobile Intel® 915 GM/GMS, 910GML Express

Chip Type: Same as the name

Approx. Total Memory: 128 mb

Current display mode: 1280x768 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Desktop:

Processor: Intel® Pentium® 4 CPU 2.40 Ghz

Ram: 766 MB RAM

Display:

Name: Intel® 82845G/GL/PE/GV Graphics controller

Chip Type: Intel® 828456 Graphics controller

Approx total memory: 64.0 MB

Current Display mode: 800x600 (32 bit)(85 Hz)

not bad very nice...but i realise that all hands are just a ball of pixels...no fingers or anything like in the picture that guy with the robin hat =S but its a good improvement!

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

Holy hell! Looks amazing!

I only have one bone to pick with them.... What's with the black eyes on the player interface? We need real eyes >_>

Wow, I didn't even notice that, but now that I do, they all look possesed.... :shock:

Other than that, it looks great, but I need to figure out how to check my system specs and see if they're good enough.... :|

EDIT: Nice! I just checked my specs using the great instructions that I found on this thread (thanks, guys!), and I have way over the required specs! I wasn't expecting that, my computers pretty old.... Thank you, Jagex! \'

Penguin Power!

MSSW3sig.png

^The last great war of the Wilderness....

Yeah, I don't have a cool signature, so the MSSW3 sig will have to do....

Look out world of warcraft, you thought rs was annoying w/ old graphics? BRING IT ON! Love the pics...JAGEX IS KING.

Not to be negative or anything but WoW's graphics are still A LOT better.

well you're comparing crap to crap.

But either way, nice to have some better graphics to enjoy.

Sweet, can't wait!

Ok, for those saying that WoW graphics are better, why the hell does that matter? We're not trying to compete, we're not trying to take part in an endless race. We're just trying to get a better game than before. We don't give a damn about WoW.

Secondly, for those who think the requirements are low, that's the point. Runescape is all about accessibility, and if they didn't put their hard work into lowering the requirements, their efforts would be effectively wasted compared to the amount of people they could have had.

Thirdly, I don't think that they would limit fullscreen to p2p, they can easily put a small space at the top for the regular banner as usual.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Wow i can't wait for this! But i wonder how much dragon meds have gone up thanks to noobs :lol:

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Where is the log-out button in the full screen mode? lol

I'm guessing that it's that cross 'X' button in the very top right hand corner.

I don't understand why they created an entire new "level" just to have stuff under the water. I'm sure you could get the same effect for less effort just by placing models and such below the water level in their mapping software.

I will certainly check this out, but I doubt I will frequently use it. A) It'll overwork my computer and B) I'm too used to this interface. It looks a lot like a typical MMORPG, where you have to like reach across the screen to get to the important stuff. I like how everything is convenient right now. But we'll see... We got used to the RS2 interface in time.

See that world globe in the right corner in full screen mode? You'll probably be able to access the world map in the game lol.

Amen...I would love to have an in game map!!! It would be long overdo imo.

About the rest of the graphics....=P~ water effects =P~

TheDarkestLight2.jpg

[hide]

Come, be my light.

Mingle with my darkness

May we mix to create

Our own twilight sunset

The dusk breeze

Spreading clouds

On our murky horizon

~Darkpoet837~[/hide]

Nooooo they're moving around the inventory again! I fear change nooooo!

Other than that, nice job Jagex. I hate getting used to thing...

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

The user interface is awesome =D>

And it reminds me of RSC when you had to drag your mouse over a button to see the inventory etc. :thumbup:

[insert birds flying in a circle here]

Yes, that sig was annoying.

To see how good it feels to (almost) play it, go on the screenshot, zoom in, then press F11, and be amazed.

~Boo

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

Also, i reckon it will be P2P only because if its gonna be full screen where will the adverts go for F2P??

Where they said that the new graphics are going to be available in fullscreen only? As I said in one of my previous posts, super detail with no fullscreen will be F2P and there will be a place for ads.

(...)as players correctly guessed RuneScape would be going fullscreen after seeing we'd done that with FunOrb games.

The (optional) fullscreen mode will scale the game up to your monitor's native (32-bit colour) resolution and the field of view adjusts for widescreen resolutions(...)

Notice the word "optional" repeated specially for fullscreen and a mention of FunOrb, where the problem of ads and the fullscreen play has been solved in way we all know.

I am in total awe at the ingame chat heads. That d med actually has [bleep]es!!! and not just lil white things sticking out. \' \'

I am Incomplete awe, at runescape now, seriously... ::'

Hafta walk around everywhere for one whole day just to go =P~

I don't know which mod did this. I don't know why they did it. If they're looking for money, I can tell them I don't have any as I'm a student. But what I do have are a very particular set of skills; skills I have acquired over 4 years of RuneScape. Skills that I have worked hard for and people like them can't take them away. If they give me my particles back now, that'll be the end of it. I will not look for them, I will not pursue them. But if they don't, I will look for them, I will find them, and they won't like what'll happen

looking at the ui its the same freaking ui as WoW...

pretty low specs which means i can atleast try it out.

EDIT:Despite an uncanny resemblance to blizzards default ui i think its astonishing the level of detail done in java, the crypt image is untampered is pretty impresive :o

tifsdac6mc.gif