Author face-off:Ratchet Vs. Sephy

Harakiri

Welcome one and all to the arena where anything is possible. Sitting on opposite sides of this large granite arena are two oaken desks. On these desks are pencils, pens, and a notebook. As the gate opens, two authors are welcomed by the screaming crowd. It is time for the greatest face off of authors. The winner will be decided by the critics, and after a vote, the decision will be final. Welcome to Author Face-Off.

The first two contestants are facing off here over a mild feud of supremacy. First is Killy the Kid, the author of the legend of the seventh brother.

And on the other side, now pulling out three more pens, each with some kind of special ink, is Xewleer, author of celestial beings and many other fine works.

The rules of this battle for supremacy are simple. Each author will post a story, using the genre I give them. The critics will then pick who is superior, and after the voting, we will crown a champion.

Xewleer Vs. Killy the Kid

What will the genre be?

...........In favor of Killy the Kid...Runescape!

Each author must write a story about Runescape, whoever gets the most votes for best story wins!

Good Luck to each contestant!

Prepare your pens, put on your thinking caps, and...

WRITE!

hatsune-miku-wallpaper-49-1.jpg

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gah... I haven't played RS in months... I'll think up something... just give me time...

any deadline?

within the next week or something...don't wait till next year or something...just whoever writes the best...see...I come up with good ideas sometimes...This will prove who is superior...

This is Pre-update wildy. I didn't do any of this, but is my character. I've changed it a bit so that 'death' is not permanent, but you lose memories of your previous life. Lastly, no free teleport to Lumby (outside of death). Sorry for the changes.

True Hearts

Hylean walked the Wilderness, memories assailing. He was imposing. He had brown, short hair, with a goatee. His armor was full dragon as befitting someone of such high rank in his clan. His cape was a red wilderness cape, he was too lazy to remember which number, but he had gotten it in the highest level Wilderness. His weapon was a dragon two-hander, but he had a poisoned (++) dragon dagger and a draconic shield, fully charged, that he could pull out at the slightest provocation.

He was without a clan now, they had all died. They were alive again in Lumbridge, but they wouldn't remember the man who had lead them to victory in every battle but their last. He walked through the forest of swords and other assorted weapons that lay, unloved, in the battlefield. He picked up one, then another, silently remembering their wielders. He kept a few pieces of friends, including his previous right-hand warrior, who had feared nothing, and had even fought, on a dare, through the entire Tzok-Jad lineup with only bronze daggers and no armor. Good times.

He walked onward. He eventually reached where his enemies had fallen. He sat down and contemplated his counterpart's dead body. He had killed him himself, the last death on the battlefield. He stood up, and heard someone attempting to shuffle behind him. He turned, readying his weapon, only to be face to face with his 'lover,' as people called her, due to her special status in the ranks. A few more warriors and rangers were present, the mages had been decimated when the rival clan sent a large force to attack their rear.

"What now?" His girlfriend said, limping and draping herself carefully over his armored shoulders.

"We restart. True Heart Clan..." Hylean said. He was tired, and they needed to head south as fast as they could, they weren't the only clan in the area, and they certainly weren't the most powerful any more. "It's a day's walk to get to Edgeville. But I'm afraid that we can't go anywhere near it, the smaller clans would tear us apart. Take what food and weapons you find. Rank no longer matters currently, take the greatest weapons you have the skill for. I'll lead the way once more time."

The remaining members nodded, but they did not speak as they picked through the dead for anything worthwhile. If they could get to Varrock, which was several hours away, they could rest up and restart. A new beginning. It would be very worthwhile. A few arrows fell, and the survivors struggled to bring up their new shields before the attackers let fly their full force. "Lone Ranger Clan! Retreat!" Hylean cried. He himself brought out his shield and threw it in front of him and activated the special attack, burning the coming arrows.

The remaining True Hearts ran backwards. A few fell, but still, there were many of the survivors who got away. Hylean took two arrows to his right leg as he backed, but the dragon plate-legs dulled much of the blow. He limped with his girlfriend, who could barely walk herself. She was the last mage, thanks to her equal skill in melee, but she was a practitioner of Lunar magics. She could not teleport them all, so that was never an option. They made it into the nearby, dead, forest and then out into a clearing, hidden from view, where much of the remaining clan gathered.

"The Lone Rangers? I thought we were allied to them. Like friends, ya'know?" Said one, half collapsed, if Hylean recalled correctly, he was a neophyte named Corellius.

"We are too weak. I don't blame them really. It wasn't an alliance so much as a 'you don't mess with me I don't mess with you' pact. Not even a proper non-aggression treaty." This was the chief diplomat, Plato, who was barely standing, leaning against a tree and breathing hard.

Hylean sat down against that tree. "We need to get out of here. Atlas still alive? Can you guide us outta here? Or, at least to the 1/3 point so that Alexandra can teleport our weakest out of here..."

"I'm not going to leave you here. You understand Hylean? You are the leader! If anyone is going to live, it's you." Hylean was too tired to debate with his girlfriend, who had begun to tend his leg wound. She finished and moved on, going by rank until everyone at least had a band-aid.

Corellius grunted. "Wish a few more medics survived..." He groaned and stood up. "I think we should go now. Not feeling right, ya'know?"

Hylean nodded, Corellius, despite his recent inclusion, had a very trustworthy natural talent for sensing danger. "Move out. Atlas, lead."

Atlus was one of the few rangers left compared to the meleers. He guided them through the forest and out towards the mountains. They walked towards the area where fish could be found at the coast. He suggested that they grab a couple things of food. He had brought harpoons, just in case exactly something like this happened. They didn't stay long and continued south, hugging the coast.

Meanwhile, the Lone Rangers discovered the True Heart's clearing, they were long gone, however. Their leader was Jango. He was dressed in armor that completely hid his features, with a dragon full helm over his third age ranger gear. A full crystal bow was in his hands, he had three in his pack, just in case. He also had special bolt packs and a rune cross-bow, just in case something happened that a crystal bow wouldn't fix. He also had a dragon long sword, for emergencies, of course. He berated the ten rangers that spooked the True Hearts before the main force could get there. "Did I not say... 'Don't mess with them until I get there?' And what did you do? Opened fire! Sure you killed one or two... but Hylean is still alive, and while he is alive, the True Hearts are alive."

"Please sir! Forgive us!" They were afraid. They begged even though they knew that Jango was rarely forgiving.

"SHUT UP! If I wanted you dead then I would have killed you hours earlier. Do not mistake this for softness, I'll need everyone to take down whatever Hylean has dredged up. He is no pushover, even wounded. Also, it seems that his girlfriend is still alive, along with at least thirty other members. Of course thirty is nothing out of what was once five hundred... but still. It is not to be sneezed at. We'll go towards the coast and see if we can pick up a trail."

"Coast... Sir?"

"Hylean is smart, and if Atlas is still alive, he'd go to the coast to get food. That means sharks, tuna and swordfish in this part of the Wilderness. So, he goes east. He's reached it by now. I've been with him enough to know that he values his people. He'll have his girlfriend teleport a group of them with the rest, maybe twenty, going straight south towards... Varrock. He'll be with them. If we kill him, we'll severely weaken all hope that they could resurrect one of the strongest clans."

"But he is just a man..."

"I'm just a man but I can decimate your rune-armored carcass with a single shot, understand? He is an idealist, he can inspire awe while I only have fear as my ally. I hate him. You understand? I don't like you but I HATE him." Jango's words were not misunderstood by a single member of his clan. To say he hates something is like Zamorack saying he detests Saradomin. Massive understatement.

The Lone Rangers headed east, led by the implacable Jango. They arrived at the fishing spot and searched for tracks. Of the members, one appropriately nick-named Tracker, quickly discovered the tacks. "Atlas Atlas Atlas. My mentor really pulled out the stops. But alas, wounded men and women are horrible distractions. Jango, listen close and you might learn something." He was the only one allowed to talk to Jango that way. Jango knew that keeping him around for his skills was worth the annoyance. "Now, Hylean is the only one with Dragon boots, right? It's his symbol of status in his guild. Also, he has the heaviest armor. His prints go pretty deep in two directions, yes? Nod... thank you. But this one, the one going straight south, is fake! To a point, he, and the rest of his guild, walked forward over the hill, then used their footsteps to walk back here and walk towards the the South-East Forest. Heh. I learned too much. Look! The prints are way too deep for going only one way and the heel is deepest, that means walking backwards! I'll lead the way!" They ran quickly into the forest, and came out without finding their quarry and losing all semblance of a trail.

"Hmmm... HEH! I know what they did! They did it twice and then went on the original track again! Damned impressive." Jango gave him a look that made the newbie standing behind Tracker faint. They ran back and followed the original trail over the hill.

Meanwhile, Hylean and his crew reached the 1/3 point. Hylean, after talking with his remaining soldiers, convinced them that as many as possible should teleport out so that the core may be saved. He then hugged his girlfriend and watched as she gave runes to key members, Atlas, Plato... and several others he couldn't be bothered to give a proper goodbye to. They teleported out, promising to meet him as soon as he entered the city. He said goodbye to them. His girlfriend was about to go when she ran back and kissed him, on the lips for one second. He wanted to hold her, but he kept his arms at his sides, even as she teleported out.

"Alright... I know the way from here well enough. Corellius?"

"My guts gettin' worse, sir, something real bad, like demonic bad, is coming real close, it feels like we won't survive, ya'know?" Corellius offered, it didn't raise moral.

"We must survive, and I'll be here to ensure it. Move out." They ran on. This was newbie country, armies of weak, but rapid and dogged, newbs ran rampant. Hylean could take out an entire army of them, and could, on a good day, but this was a very bad day, for everyone, and they could barely keep in a coherent group. The first group came, and where slaughtered without issue. Newbs didn't really think ahead enough, despite the slaying of several mages, none had law runes.

They ran on, until an arrow landed directly in front of Hylean.

"HYLEAN!" Jango screamed, rushing towards the weakened warrior, brandishing his dragon long.

"JANGO!" Hylean screamed right back at him, meeting his charge with a rush of his own. Jango and him went way back. Both groups waited to see who the victor was. If Jango won, the remaining True Hearts would be destroyed. If Hylean won, the True Hearts would be destroyed. Simple, and they choose just to accept their fates and sat down.

Hylean, exhausted, tried to make one final, killing blow. But Jango, despite running for a long time, was fresh. He bent under the weapon, barely a millimeter between the two-hander and the tip of his full helm. Jango jumped up and slammed his blade straight into Hylean's face, killing him painfully. The body fell and Jango noticed the group of survivors for the first time.

"Nobodies, no point in even killing them. Let's go." He dismissed them with a wave and walked off, taking Hylean's shield, which was without charge, as a souvenir, along with his boots. He walked with a great spring to his step and seemed in very good spirits. His minions followed him with the exception of Tracker.

Who walked up to Corellius, who now seemed to be the one now considered leader of the rag-tag survivors. "Tell Atlas that his last move was impressive. If he wants to talk, we'll meet in the normal place, month from tomorrow, no evil intentions, of course. I'm still weirded out by that last trick you pulled. Heh heh heh..." Corellius nodded, and the Lone Ranger departed. He knew that Atlas probably wouldn't show... but there was always that chance.

Corellius picked up Hylean's body after a long silence. "Come on, we at least need a body to bury, before we find him again... Alexandra is not going..." He stopped talking and started to walk towards the south, where Varrock represented safety. They were not unharried by the newb armies, but they were True Hearts, and protecting the body of their fallen leader, they may as well have been immortal.

It was night when they finally arrived. They made it inside and walked into the nearby chapel, the meeting place for the clan in it's more glorious past; a past they assured each other would come again. Corellius gave the body to Alexandra, who wept long and hard over it. No one was unmoved, even Hylean's annoying understudy said something in his praise. They all knew Hylean would be reborn soon in Lumbridge, but it wouldn't be the Hylean they had learned to love and respect. Sure, he would have the same skills, but the personality had a good chance of changing a bit, so great was that chance that they basically accepted him as dead... But they lied to themselves, saying that he would come back the same.

"Guys... I don't know what you want, but I've got to get him back. I'll meet him and try to arouse his old self... then we'll live again, and we'll destroy those damned Lone Rangers... and he'll hold me when I kiss him..." Plato nodded, he left to talk to some contacts who would be helpful. Atlas hid his eyes in his arm, obviously crying. Corellius put his hand on her shoulder. She rushed into the man who had brought her lover to her and cried into his chest.

Days later.

Hylean woke up, staring at the sky. Hylean was his name, or, at least felt like his name. He stood up and stretched. He didn't feel weak or new so he must have been killed... He stretched again. Short brown hair, Goatee... not bad not bad, he quite liked it. Someone caught his attention.

"Hey..." There was a girl, shy and very attractive, walking towards him. He waited, at semi-attention. "How may I be of assistance? Lovely Lady." He said with a wry grin.

The girl's eyes widened, and shone with barely controlled tears. She slammed into him with a bear hug. "You're back... You're back... I can't believe it... You're back..." The words he had just spoken to her were the words he had first spoken to her years ago, when he had begun the True Hearts.

"I suppose I am, I musta been quite a good guy if you're acting like this..."

"You were the best man I have ever known... and you'll become the greatest man yet, if you want..."

"Sounds fun... but we'll need... what do you call it... a clan."

~Fin!

notable Music that inspired me: Simple and Clean (Piano arrangement) For the Reunion (FF7 Advent Children) Forsaken (Within temptation) Inevitable (Anberlin) Maybe Tomorrow~english version (Xenosaga)

How do you like them apples? Heh heh heh...

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

Not allowed to self bump Ratchet...

So, I guess I'll bump for you with a little encouragement...

HURRY KILLY! TIMES RUNNING OUT!

Had to since you put this way at the bottom because of your always having to post something on some story ways...go make a character on the Lost Library RPG so I can start tomorrow. And yes...Killy has one more day.

Not allowed to self bump Ratchet...

So, I guess I'll bump for you with a little encouragement...

HURRY KILLY! TIMES RUNNING OUT!

Had to since you put this way at the bottom because of your always having to post something on some story ways...go make a character on the Lost Library RPG so I can start tomorrow. And yes...Killy has one more day.

Well, if you say so. Though, I was gonna use Blue Jay

Maybe, I'll use one of my WoW Characters :D

Xewleehr, that story was fun to read, it was really cool....Prepare to lose, killy!!!1 Buahahahahah!111oneone!11one

Nah. Good luck killy, but my vote is on Xewleehr right now.

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Thanks, you're support is very welcome...

I'll host the next one, apparently there is some discussion about you and Ratchet. heh heh heh...

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

Thanks, you're support is very welcome...

I'll host the next one, apparently there is some discussion about you and Ratchet. heh heh heh...

And I do believe that Xewleer wins! Though I'm not the official :|

I'll host this puppy... I'm going to pm him and get his opinion on it all.

He's the one who challenged me...

That's what I said when I pmed him, :lol:...Anyway, can't wait to get this thing started!

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

I guess since Xewleer is not on, I'll host the first part, he can do votes and all that boring stuff...

Inside the arena, after the match in which Killy the kid mysteriously disappeared, stealing quite a few of my red ballpoint pens, people are hailing Xewleer as the king of the day. As he accepts his prize, a chewed up pen without any ink dipped in chocolate, the announcer takes a bottle of windex and cleanses the desks of all markings. After that, he grabs the microphone, and announces the contestants. Sephy and Ratchet run out and get to the desks, scratching away at the paper. They are fast, and only the votes will count...So who, will win?

untitled-1.jpg

Hee Hee...we get the fancy banner...