Mining Sucks

Stewie_Griffen

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mining needs to be kept how it is, it's one of the only skills left that's not a joke after all of Jagex's updates that make the game far too easy. :thumbup:

Well said, strongly agree.

*Looks at pest control* Grrr

jd4mfinalsmal0jp.gif

Proper Daily blogging including Starcraft 2!

Includes goal for 80+ all stats

mining is fun as is. if you don't like it train fishing or something.

Account created on Weds, December 21st, 2005

99 cooking on December 12th, 2010. 99 Agility on September 30th, 2011. 99 Fletching on August 17th, 2012. 99 Prayer on March 22nd, 2016. 99 Farming on April 4th, 2016.

Maybe mining does need an update.

Better pickaxe, multiple ores to mine, higher level ores, more xp per rock, these things are commonly complained about.

The part of mining that could use an update is probably the locations of ores.

Mining is a time-consuming skill, and should not be bought, but an update or two never hurt,did it?

Did it?

Mining actually became my favorite skill because it was one of the hardest skills to level up. Keeping the old animation would have been nice as well...

Yes, the old animation was much better.

Clasher136.png

Clasher136.png

Come on. Mining may not be quick but it' s profitable. Make it faster and see the drop in ores and bars. Really, mining will become another wortheless skill.

Let' s say woodcutting got the dragon axe. No big difference since so many people cut trees but ore isn' t mined by so many people. It WILL make a difference in price and ofcourse the joy in mining. Combat levels lost their meaning when PC came out (although altered now it still gushed out thousands of level 100+ with no logical stats at all), don' t make mining loose it' s meaning :( .

RSN:Mico1311 Combat: 82 Highest skill: Fishing 75 Playing time: From around August 2003

The guy in my avatar is Veso, a comedian mastermind.

Well, alot of these rants have got me thinking. Why does increasing the time it takes to do something make it better? Why do we this belief that making something easier makes it stink?

Think of it this way. Isn't progress a wonderful thing? Think about how much better travel is irl with cars versus walking.

How much better is your Runescape life if you don't have to click 500+ hours to get a 99 in a skill? I just think it is interesting how many people think that the improvements (or progress) in Runescape is viewed as a bad thing.

Pest Control is a fun minigame. Mining isn't any fun. I tend not to do too much that isn't fun.

That being said mining is one of my highest non combat skills. Just think it is interesting this mindset that more difficult and tedious the better. I personally want to enjoy my game.

Remember....Smarter not harder.

felter_laur.png

Mining (apart from firemaking) has definitely been the most unfairly treated skill. I use to mine alot, then all the prices went down and their was more money to be had from other skills so i moved on, I really see no point of using the skill to make money unless you are mining gold in the azarian mine or rune in the heros guild.

What it needs is a dragon pick that makes a significant difference to the skills speed, i mean, if they released a dragon pick i most likely would get back into the skill, but i dont think its going to happen. Its even against the forum rules to post anything about in the upcoming updates/suggestions forums.

dagzzy.png

Mage

[x]90 [x]91 [x]92 [x]93 [x]94 [x]95 [x]96 [x]97 [x]98 [X]99

What do you call dog with no legs?

...Don't matter what you call him, he ain't gonna come.

Well, alot of these rants have got me thinking. Why does increasing the time it takes to do something make it better? Why do we this belief that making something easier makes it stink?

Think of it this way. Isn't progress a wonderful thing? Think about how much better travel is irl with cars versus walking.

How much better is your Runescape life if you don't have to click 500+ hours to get a 99 in a skill? I just think it is interesting how many people think that the improvements (or progress) in Runescape is viewed as a bad thing.

Pest Control is a fun minigame. Mining isn't any fun. I tend not to do too much that isn't fun.

That being said mining is one of my highest non combat skills. Just think it is interesting this mindset that more difficult and tedious the better. I personally want to enjoy my game.

Sure, progress is nice, mining just allows you to progress a little differently. While other skills allow you to progress more in terms of XP, mining allows you to progress more by making alot of money.

19205215.png

Sure, progress is nice, mining just allows you to progress a little differently. While other skills allow you to progress more in terms of XP, mining allows you to progress more by making alot of money.

Maybe you're right, mining does progress more in terms of money but think about this.

Combat skills can be levelled up using PC of normal combat.

Fishing can be trained through the Fishing Trawler or through normal fishing.

Thieving can be trained through Pyramid Plunder or normal thieving.

The point of this is list is that the release of minigames have helped increase the flexibility of training, that is to say somewhat more variety in methods of levelling. Even in skills with no minigames, there is potentially multiple ways to train. :)

That being said, the only skills needing another way to train are Mining and Summoning.

If I am missing any skills on the list, tell meand I'll add them.

Note: Firemaking does have an alternative method to train, even if it involves burning logs in a different way.

Mining doesn't suck, but it could really use an update right about now.

Clasher136.png

Clasher136.png

Actually, I like it the way it is. At least some skills should be difficult and tedious to level. It is hard to mine and smith a lot, but at the highest levels, you get great rewards. I don't want mining to be dumbed down, having rocks that give half of an inv of ores with one click, the dragon pickaxe, more exp per ore, these things would just turn mining into another skill that can be pretty much mastered in a few weeks of work. Mining, of all things, shouldn't be easy.

There is no meaning or truth in life but that which we create for ourselves.

40678187bv4.jpg

Actually, I like it the way it is. At least some skills should be difficult and tedious to level. It is hard to mine and smith a lot, but at the highest levels, you get great rewards. I don't want mining to be dumbed down, having rocks that give half of an inv of ores with one click, the dragon pickaxe, more exp per ore, these things would just turn mining into another skill that can be pretty much mastered in a few weeks of work. Mining, of all things, shouldn't be easy.

As it is now, mining is an oversimplistic, mindless grind skill. The skill could used some more complexity. You seem to think updates = skill is easier. Jagex could introduce more interesting ways to level it, would still be as hard, but at least it would require more brains.

2480+ total

All right, this game is supposed to be fun, right?

Difficult and tedious isn't fun. In any case, you do not have to smith your ores.

Having rocks that give half an inventory with one click? That's not what people are asking for (I don't think...), but mining hasn't been given a decent update since...

While I'm thinking of when mining last got a decent update, here's something to think about. What is the point of leveling to 99, or even 85 if it isn't enjoyable?

*Glares at skillcapes*

Clasher136.png

Clasher136.png

fishing is in the same boat *no pun intended* with wood cutting.

i agree.

smithing is pretty bad due too mining as well. i have no idea how jagex will fix it but i do know that by the time (yes it will come we all know the inevitability) jagex brings in the dragon pickaxe miners will rejoice.

hunter is kinda like it if you would like to think about it in terms of box traps and such but... not so much.

make a support list because this rant is valid. any one who gets 99 mining deserves a cape. yes a cape. maybe an emotion too.

1004.png

Wow, watching this thread is better than pro wrestling! =D>

This thread is probably better than pro wrestling because the fights here are real (And the boobs).

While I'm thinking of when mining last got a decent update, here's something to think about. What is the point of leveling to 99, or even 85 if it isn't enjoyable?

*Glares at skillcapes*

Oh, I don't know. Runite is useless and hardly brings in profit, and nobody cares about a skill cape that "requires" "no life" to get.

Answer: there is no point leveling mining to 99. There is no point leveling almost any other skill to 99 either - other than RC, most skills I can think of stop at lvl96 AT THE LATEST. 99 is for respect, okay?

Also, I'd really like to see more valid suggestions to rejuvenate mining. I can't think of any, and if I'll ever get the determination to powermine to 85, then I'll enjoy it even more than now.

2077089531_93b87b9d10.jpg

You're being watched.

See, now that's one of the reasons that most miners believe that mining is fine as it is now. It does take DETERMINATION in order to honestly become highly profitable. In order to get to the point where you can mine Runite, you have to work through it, much like many things in real life. You want to be a great pianist, it takes a long time and a great deal of patience and practice. You want to be great at anything, it takes time, patience and practice. Most of the skills take little time, there are ways to power through them, you barely have to watch the screen. Many of them, you can simply buy the materials you need to advance levels or sit in a safe spot (or semi-safe area) and let them run their course, but mining is one of the few where you cannot. As well, it is one of the only ones where you have to constantly pay attention to the screen. (I was mining and not paying enough attention one day, ended up with a broken pickaxe.)

If you want to get mining levels easy, mine essence, you can start on the rock and just let it run, only a few clicks to bank and back. If you want to level fast, power mine iron. If you want to mine profitably, mine coal until you reach the level you want. Pick one and stick with it, pick three and switch between them.

Does this mean that mining couldn't use some additions? No, not saying that. It also doesn't mean that mining couldn't use a neat mini-game, or some advances. However, ways to get more ore faster, or to get more exp faster are not really needed, at least not in the opinion of the existing miners.

However, more uses for ore, especially at the lower levels, would be appreciated, I'm sure.

I totally agree about the animation thing, the new one is HORRIBLE. I personally loved it when it was just a bubble over your head with the pickaxe in it, RSC style. :) I still do mine, only because I want a decent level in it and I want 70 smithing, but other than that, it IS slow. It's almost as slow on f2p for me as Runecrafting is! :o

Pandaman03.png

Pandaman03.png

aurasmalluo6.gif

I simply don't understand why people would like mining, or fishing and woodcutting for that matter. It's basically the same thing, equip object, click thingy, wait, drop/bank. I could understand if you're 85+ and in for money, but apart from money, I just don't see. It's oversimplistic, boring, pointless, and so on. What could you possibly like in it? I don't get it.

Here here. I can't stand mining myself, and I really can't understand why anybody else does. At least with woodcutting and fishing you can do something else whilst training it since you don't need to click for every piece of ore.

dane_lennon.png

*Glares at skillcapes*

Oh, I don't know. Runite is useless and hardly brings in profit, and nobody cares about a skill cape that "requires" "no life" to get.

Answer: there is no point leveling mining to 99. There is no point leveling almost any other skill to 99 either - other than RC, most skills I can think of stop at lvl96 AT THE LATEST. 99 is for respect, okay?

Also, I'd really like to see more valid suggestions to rejuvenate mining. I can't think of any, and if I'll ever get the determination to powermine to 85, then I'll enjoy it even more than now.

All right, I understand 99 is for respect, however, using the most boring methods and complaining about a better and more enjoyable method that they won't use, or maybe don't think it's good enough.

Runite is profitable, but an easier method of getting there would be much appreciated.

Finally, I have no problem with skillcapes, but getting them for the purpose of the skillcapes themselves is not something I would get into. :ugeek:

Achieving goals, going for certain abilities, the list goes on and on, but having a reason for working towards these flashy capes would be better.

Back on topic, new methods would make it easier and probably more enjoyable too.