Paranormal Experience

sibmaster

[hide=previous]
[hide=previous material]
I have yet to see any convincing evidence for ghosts, poltergeists, UFOs, bigfoot, etc.

You would think that with the number of "paranormal investigators" we would've found something worthwhile by now.

I always say something exists until proven false.

A very good opinion to have ::'

If by very good you mean.. y'know.. very bad.

I believe that a death fairy exists who will give me $1,000,00 in cash for every person I shoot in the head. This fairy will also make it so nobody will ever know I shot anybody so I'll get away with it!

Can you see how bad that opinion can be?

Can you prove it false? If you can't, then how do you know are you so sure that won't happen?

No, I can't prove it false. Can you prove false that we're all actually elaborate sock puppets manipulated by giant radioactive space hamsters? No? Then why don't you assume that it's true and base your actions upon that idea?

How about acid will actually make you grow taller, regardless of what it does to other materials? No? Why not drink some acid, then?

I mean, seriously? Am I in bizarro-world? Why the hell would you assume something is true unless proven false? Would you want to be put on trial that way?

[/hide]

How do you know that we're not all "elaborate sock puppets manipulated by giant radioactive space hamsters?" What if we are? Doesn't make sense of course, since you're really not perspective, but who knows, it's a universe we don't understand, anything could be, humans are not the whole big brain of the universe. Doesn't matter if it sounds silly. What sounds silly is a box that projects images, kind of like another dimension in a box, doesn't it? It did back in the day. Now it's TV.

How do I know? I don't know for absolute certain, obviously, but I can be reasonably sure. Especially since I've seen zero credible objective evidence which would lead me to believe we're puppets of any kind, let alone sock puppets controlled by space hamsters.

And no, that doesn't sound silly at all. Because we know such a thing exists.

Oooh, you italized the hell. Watchout your mommy doesn't see you swearing again, though.

Oh, ok, so my argument is somehow invalid because I used an italicized word? Don't you have any better responses than that?

IRKAa.jpg

• Replies 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just because I disagree with you doesn't make me a troll. Cute picture though, it really helps your argument.

Just disagreeing with me doesn't make me a troll. Calling me dangerous because I disagree with you makes you a troll. And I admit, I only called you a troll so I could use that cute picture. :cry:

If someone would talk about such object two hundred years ago, you would most likely be declared as mentally ill. If we go further back, you might even get burnt as a witch. Imagining things from the future has been a little destroyed now, as we imagine flying stuff and teleportation, but there will probably be real things from the future you would look upon as insane.

6dv9t4.png

Filesharer.org - Upload your mugshot to support The Pirate Bay!

Just because I disagree with you doesn't make me a troll. Cute picture though, it really helps your argument.

Just disagreeing with me doesn't make me a troll. Calling me dangerous because I disagree with you makes you a troll. And I admit, I only called you a troll so I could use that cute picture. :cry:

If someone would talk about such object two hundred years ago, you would most likely be declared as mentally ill. If we go further back, you might even get burnt as a witch. Imagining things from the future has been a little destroyed now, as we imagine flying stuff and teleportation, but there will probably be real things from the future you would look upon as insane.

Notice that I'm not saying ghosts/whatever can't exist, that we won't find any evidence for them in the future, but that we currently have no credible objective evidence of their existence.

IRKAa.jpg

please guys... stop arguing and let the forum die. i cant resist looking at the posts, and then i cant get too sleep. :cry:

Edit: Oh crap. it was already dead. ARGH!!!!!

:o :shock: :o :shock: :oops: :ohnoes:

image.png image.png

Oh yeah, and I've thought of taking babies and throwing them. For funsies. - Lenticular J

ShamanSniper.gif

ShamanSniper.png

"Isn't it pathetic how everything in our society is built around someone screwing someone else out of their money?" - killerbeer0 on American Society

Rebdragon can't wiz a woz.

please guys... stop arguing and let the forum die. i cant resist looking at the posts, and then i cant get too sleep. :cry:

No lets not let the thread die! Lmao

Hopefully we can get some more people in who arent arguing to discuss their paranormal experiences

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

No lets not let the thread die! Lmao

Hopefully we can get some more people in who arent arguing to discuss their paranormal experiences

Would a thread about ghosts come back from "death"?

Also,what if there were no hypothetical situations?

devilgod.jpeg

so i herd u liek devarts?

If you look at me and feel offended by my 666-ism,think.I could be just as offended by your "cross".

[hide=This's why I'm hot]

The Eleventh Commandment:Thou Shalst only say "Amen,brother".

Amen, brother :lol:

Amen, brudda (referring to the 10th commandment)

amen Bruder! (german ftw)

I'm invulnerable to everything, except Lenin and Dragoonson.

That's impossible.

I love people.[/hide]

Lol, you guys, it could be imaginary. Seeing as I coulda sworn I saw barney in my back yard at 2am... And there's no way he'd be back there... Then I realized I imagined it lol.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Lol, you guys, it could be imaginary. Seeing as I coulda sworn I saw barney in my back yard at 2am... And there's no way he'd be back there... Then I realized I imagined it lol.

A stereotypical view from someone who is very sceptical. -.-

Smashing Pumpkins Fan? Check out my sticky! ~ CYB Worthy viewtopic.php?f=77&t=759663

lol123et5.jpg

sibmaster93.png

Oh the magic of drugs on top of a lack of sleep. I know how you feel, those times are quite amazing. But what we're talking about are paranormal happenings which we generally experience while we're sober ;) Also, I fail to see how something imaginary can be seen by multiple people and all give a very similar description while having no prior knowledge of what the entity might look like. Unless you have some sort of theory as to how all of our brains are working together without our knowledge or consent. :-k

Oh the magic of drugs on top of a lack of sleep. I know how you feel, those times are quite amazing. But what we're talking about are paranormal happenings which we generally experience while we're sober ;) Also, I fail to see how something imaginary can be seen by multiple people and all give a very similar description while having no prior knowledge of what the entity might look like. Unless you have some sort of theory as to how all of our brains are working together without our knowledge or consent. :-k

The power of suggestion is far stronger than youd rather believe.

And you gain 3 cool points every time you mention you do drugs.

knkcopy.jpg

Yea... I've never done drugs, or gotten drunk, but I hadn't slept in like 3 days I think, so it's pretty much equivalent.

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

Can I start giving you cool points for sarcastic, unhelpful, and similar posts?

Can I start giving you cool points for sarcastic, unhelpful, and similar posts?

nice deloria, nice!

dcfclogo4.jpg

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

• 2 weeks later...
Bump

Stop bumping this. If someone has something to contribute, they can run a quick search while I go do drugs because I'm so cool. If not, there's no point in taking up valuable space on the first page when nobody has anything to say.

You just bumped it.

It was at the top of the first page. Take a look at previous post times before you jump to conclusions :roll:

Please refrain from spamming.

sigraniiixx.gifEye-X.gif

blg.giff2p.giftfsn.gif

[spoiler=Stats:]Updated December 22, 2011:

Total level - 1442 - 170M+ XP , Combat level - 115

Combat skills: Attack - 90, Defence - 99 (24.45m+ XP), Strength - 90, Constitution - 99 (16.42M+ XP) Ranged - 99 (13.32M+ XP), Prayer - 60, Magic - 99 (13.25M+ XP)

Non-Combat skills: Cooking - 99 (13.80M+ XP), Woodcutting - 99 (31.95M+ XP), Fishing - 90, Firemaking - 99 (24.82M+), Crafting - 90, Smithing - 90, Mining - 85, Runecrafting - 60, Dungeoneering - 85

• 1 month later...

[hide=Innocent Victim]Innocent Victim

The whisper glided around, spreading its malevolence upon every soul it reached. Years passed and every time the whisper materialised, a single child died. An innocent victim. However, only one day in the year the whisper would strike; November the 17th. It had already chosen its prey, already planned every little detail. Now all the whisper had to do was wait, count every second until it could unleash its darkness, longing for the sweet taste of death.

Tonight was the 16th of November, and the eve of Caroline's birthday. Stange whispers were flying around the town about the year's luck diminishing on one day, November the 17th. Caroline forbade herself to be scared, she wasn't going to let a fictional story ruin the day she waited for all year. She gently closed her eyes and fell into darkness.

Caroline's eyes flew open. That had been a horrific dream, but now it was her birthday, she was safe. She bounded down the stairs and ran into her brother's room. A dark figure was bendng over his bed. She screamed, the whisper turned around and looked at her with a vitriolic, red-eyed stare. Its harsh voice reverberated around the room. "I was going to do your brother, but now you're here." Its eyes gleamed, "I'll have to kill you instead." The whisper smoothly glided over and the last thing Caroline felt were the last droplets of her life being sucked away...[/hide]

Yea, that's a story I wrote which I think fits in..kind of.

Anyway, I was at school in the evening, preparing for the Christmas concert.

I was in Year 7 and had just started secondary school and I didn't know my way round properly.

It was 5:30pm in the evening and we were told to get back to the Theatre to perform. I went to the toilet on my own and couldn't find the

theatre. I was walking along the English corridor when a white figure quickly walked past one of the closed doors. I had heard myths about a girl who had hung herself in the English corridor because she hated the school so much. One of the English room doors kept opening itself; I was really scared. I was trying to convince myself that everything would be ok. I was fine for about 2 minutes until I heard the window shut itself and I started running. I bashed into one of the teachers who was wearing a white T-shirt. That explains the white figure that passed and he took me down to the theatre. Luckily, I wasn't late.