Jaziek

[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Who changed the topic name?

oh, ok shiny. nice one.

I have kinda stopped playing the game, although I'll come back for a few hours to see what this update is all about.

Tk5SF.png

I thought you stopped playing, so I changed it :P

EDIT: I am very pleased with myself. Ended my TF2 day with Stainless Steel Pot, Officers Ushanka, Noble Amassment of Hat, Tyrant's Helm, Old Guadalajara, the black box, the new buff-bannery thing and the eternal reward.

Very pleased :thumbsup:

lampost_sig_stark.png

I think we need to sort of 'change owner' by specifying who becomes the new thread owner and locking this one/letting it die. If Steam would hurry up and let me download the last 150MB, I could see if I like this update.

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

As Jaziek has stated, he doesn't really play this game any more. If someone who played regularly were to make a new thread then they could keep everything up-to-date. Although, this is only if Jaziek would be ok with it.

That is always the thing though, you can play on vanilla servers if you want.

Don't get me wrong I stopped playing because I couldn't keep up with all the items and such but this update doesn't bother me that much.

There aren't any of them that I get a decent ping time to. Maybe I should suck it up and play vanilla over the pond or something, I don't know. It would definitely be nice to play on a proper server again but I'm going to take a break for now anyway. I'm seeing this game as incredibly silly and dumbed-down now, even compared to what it was when I picked it up again at the start of the year. [e: found a bunch of EU servers hiding somewhere which I might check out]

But yeah. Ignore me because I'm just bitter. I have to say I'm mostly pissed off about the Scout pack in terms of gameplay because I actually had to learn how to be decent at it. I saw someone with the new gun + milk survive a full-on encounter with a heavy last night. I chose to main Scout because I don't like my games to be easy and now this comes along and turns a class I actually had to work at into casual crap.

[i actually wrote a longer post but I just woke up and hadn't straightened my thoughts out yet]

Store isn't a big deal for me because it's optional. I don't think it's that bad. I'll probably check it out after the fixes have gone in so that I won't rage but I'll take a break for now.

As Jaziek has stated, he doesn't really play this game any more. If someone who played regularly were to make a new thread then they could keep everything up-to-date. Although, this is only if Jaziek would be ok with it.

Eh it's not a huge deal. After all the WoW thread has been running for years with the opening post being a "." by me :P.

I have to say this is all growing on me quite a bit. At the end of the day, I don't want it to be another Counter-Strike and it's TF2. There's a lot wrong with TF2, but I do genuinely love the game and wouldn't want it any other way.

Scout's stuff isn't that bad after playing against people with it. As a scout who uses the vanilla layout then I can't say it's overpowered and it actually puts them at a disadvantage. Shortstop seems to do a bit too much damage at long-range though. It's not quite so brilliant when you're playing soldier though - got killed when I was ahead purely because it fires so fast and the falloff is a bit broken. Milk isn't too bad if you're scout v. scout because you can still 2-shot people and consistent scouts are very rare in public games. It's more of a problem with the slower classes and snipers.

I main scout so balance issues don't generally affect me as much as others. Please don't buff engineer though Valve, they're already strong enough.

I'm really liking the new soldier weapons. Have a black box, with battalion. Quite good for payload pushes, combined with an ubered heavy cleaning out sentries.

lampost_sig_stark.png

They seem pretty good.

I think the new spy knife is useless with anything except the DR. I was just using it now with the normal watch and then the DR, and I did quite well with the second combo. The DR nicely negates the disadvantage of being disguised by the knife because you can get killed, cloak and appear behind everyone and chainstab again. I think it's quite balanced on its own because you can't hear it at all whereas the DR is impossible to hear in battle. But yeah, as I said, largely useless without the DR because you can't disguise yourself at will.

ScreenShot416.png

Got that out of my 2nd crate, 1st gave me black paint. 3rd one gave me a sombrero and I have a 4th that needs opening now...

I got a sombrero and nametag out of my crates. Quite pleased.

lampost_sig_stark.png

WHOA!! What's this about crates and stuff?

Popoto.~<3

My, my, my. This has got to be my favourite update ever. The Black box is perfect for me and goes hand-in-hand with the Battalion's Backup. I've also got the hand of Your Eternal Reward and can chain-stab very efficiently now, however I find that it only goes well with the invisibility watch.

Out of the new items I have; Black Box, Battalion's Backup, Degreaser, L'Etranger, Your Eternal Reward. I also now have a Vintage Triboniophorus Tyrannus and a Vintage Ushanka. I really want to get my hands on a Grenadier's Softcap and Familiar Fez.

What does it mean by 'Vintage'? It seems to be on the ones I've got skins on.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

What does it mean by 'Vintage'? It seems to be on the ones I've got skins on.

They were gotten before this update.

I've has fun with the update so far up to 4 out of 6 spy hats looking to get the last two.

Also looking for a Napper's Respite.

Another thing keys need to be droppable or to the extent craft able.

76561198012301951.png

Darkdude, are you aware you got an Exceedingly Rare Special Item?

lampost_sig_stark.png

Darkdude, are you aware you got an Exceedingly Rare Special Item?

Yes, hence why I posted it.

So apparently I got a Drop crate but I have to buy a key to open it. Heh.

Well I sure as hell won't spend one cent on these micro-transactions, who wants to trade it for something?

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Kritz at the first choke, stage 3 Dustbowl. Works every single time and it's even better if you can time it so you can be coming down from spawn just as they're capping.

My friend got me lfd2 and tf2 this week. Is there a good way/place/server to practice this game? Fighting cpus was pretty fun, but I don't think that'll work any longer.

Opened a crate, got a white paint.

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

My friend got me lfd2 and tf2 this week. Is there a good way/place/server to practice this game? Fighting cpus was pretty fun, but I don't think that'll work any longer.

I got the game recently as well, and the first thing a friend said was that the best way to practice is by playing against other humans. They behave very differently from bots.

Though you can get drops from them.