[TF2] It's MANN Vs. Machine!

Jaziek

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"take on highlander"? What's this?

Highlander competition: 9v9 1 per class limit.

Ahh, sounds like fun.

If I can make it home before we organize one, I would like to be Heavy.

"The cry of the poor is not always just, but if you never hear it you'll never know what justice is."

siggy3s.jpg

Tentative sign-up list:

• Scout
    1. Demoli

[*]Soldier

1. Obfuscator

[*]Pyro

1. Furah

[*]Demo

1. Gandorf61

[*]Heavy

1. Giordano

[*]Engineer

1. Shiny

[*]Medic

1. Vezon_Dash

[*]Sniper

1. ezeeipancake

[*]Spy

1. Wingless

That okay with everyone? Did I miss anyone? If you want to play a different class post and we'll see what we can work out. Btw I put two options under each class so we have a backup for everyone.

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

Excellent! Added you to the list!

Now that we have a full team, we have some other stuff to take care of if you guys actually want to do this. We need a team name, team irc channel, team leader...and the kicker is that apparently we need a team server as well, which could be a problem.

Here's the join form so you can see what they want: http://www.ugcleague.com/join.cfm and the rules: http://www.ugcleague.com/rules_tf2h_season2.cfm

It seems it's a 10 week season + 4 week playoffs so you guys would all need to be available that often. That's why it might be a good idea to have a few more people in case some of us can't make it. Also, since some of us are in NA and others in Australia/NZ, it may be hard to find a suitable time.....how flexible are you guys?

polvCwJ.gif

We actually have to have our own server as well. That's going to be tough...we'd need it for 4 months, and it has to be a dedi. That means we're probably looking at least at $400 US if you guys actually want to do this...

polvCwJ.gif

The $400 server cost is something I didn't know about.... Even assuming everyone on a team of 9 pitched in that's ~$45 each. Assuming 9 backups pitch in evenly then it's ~$22.50 each, but it's doubtful enough to get 9 people willing to pay that, much less 18.

Also we'd have to agreed on a trusted tip.iter to gather and use the $400. I don't think anyone wants to see their money go to waste.

And if we end up doing it I'll volunteer to be a backup. My skill level goes like this:

Demo>pyro/engy/spy>sniper>medic/heavy>scout/soldier

So I guess I could backup in any of the first 4 semi-reliably.

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Is it a requirement to have our own server?

It seems to be, looking at the rules and sign-up. I'm not 100% sure though.

The $400 server cost is something I didn't know about.... Even assuming everyone on a team of 9 pitched in that's ~$45 each. Assuming 9 backups pitch in evenly then it's ~$22.50 each, but it's doubtful enough to get 9 people willing to pay that, much less 18.

Also we'd have to agreed on a trusted tip.iter to gather and use the $400. I don't think anyone wants to see their money go to waste.

And if we end up doing it I'll volunteer to be a backup. My skill level goes like this:

Demo>pyro/engy/spy>sniper>medic/heavy>scout/soldier

So I guess I could backup in any of the first 4 semi-reliably.

Yeah, it's a big cost. If you guys are serious about doing this I'll see if I can contact one of the UCG admins and ask them about the server requirement. To be honest, it seems like a lot to ask considering they market this competition towards casual players in addition to competitive.

Wasn't aware of the server cost which might be a huge problem. Also from looking at the rules default match day is a Monday which wouldn't work very well for me. :/

It says monday is the default but it's open to negotiation between teams. I would think that we'd have to settle for a least a couple monday matches.

polvCwJ.gif

Wait, we have to pay for a server AS WELL to compete? how asinine are you TF2 Community.

Either way, I'd be down for Demoman.

Firstly, it's not the entire TF2 community, it's UCG.

Also, the server requirement makes sense. Most comp teams have their own anyways.

polvCwJ.gif

Quick, someone make a server in which you can pay to be overpowered! We'll use the money from that server to sustain it, and then win through godmode!

The only difference between Hitler and the man next door who comes home and beats his kids every day is circumstance. The intent is the same-- to harm others.

[hide=Tifers say the darndest things]

I told her there was a secret method to doing it - and there is - but my once nimble and agile fingers were unable to perform because I was under the influence.

I would laugh, not hate. I'm a male. :(

Since when was Ireland an island...? :wall:

I actually have a hobby of licking public toilet seats.

[/hide]

Goddamn, that's a fair bit of money and I'm literally strapped at the moment. If we're seriously serious about this, I could just save but we have to be concrete. I'm GMT but pretty flexible on Saturday, Sunday and possibly Wednesday (up to 2-3am GMT)

To make matters worse, my computer has literally refused to play TF2 recently. I don't know when I'm getting a new PC, but hopefully this month sometime, so I'll be able to play again.

P.S. I apologise for my activity, or lack thereof. I literally only go on Facepunch now, so this forum has slowly sunk in the web priorities.

WorldOfAVR_Part1_Avacyn_ajg5pfqs0fs.png