Runescape on iPhone!

smartme

Ya I haven't really been reading up to much on rumors or anything for a while so I'm not sure what Apple's future plans are, I just know that flash is in the works and has been confirmed by Apple. I think an iphone that does not require a data plan would be sweet but its really hard for me to actually picture an iphone without one with all its features. I'm just going to through this out there, but with Snow Leapord coming out in Q2 do you think they will be releasing an upgraded iphone to go along with the new OS's launch?
Yes, Flash is in the works. Expected in the spring or early summer. I actually browse MacRumors.com because I'm so hesitant to buy a MacBook. But, none the less, I have heard rumors that 3.0 will be coming to the iPhone with Snow Leopard (skips the first digit every OS release. It's, what, 2.2 now?).
hopesolopatriot.jpg

Ya they are on 2.2. I know what you mean about being so hesitant, I'm the same way when I consider buying something new from apple. Hopefully 3.0 will address multimedia texts also. I feel like if I keep talking about this I'm going to start spreading rumors.

tFtfA.jpg

• 3 years later...

I know the NDS could certainly handle it, but they would have to make a port in someway for it. (homebrew or otherwise).

The reason is that the screen size is much too small, not to mention the obvious problem with java. I know the NDS can handle it if it can handle Quake II (homebrew).

Whoa! Are you serious?!? You're telling us that you certainly think that the NDS could handle Runescape? That's horrible. Do any of you realize the specs on the NDS? They're completely horrible. It's very surprising that a company like Nintendo even sells portable gaming consoles like that for such a price! And everyone on the blog is saying it would eat up battery and be slow. Well now as of 2011-2012, introducing the iPhone 4S. Awesome battery life, dual-core processor, 512 MHz of RAM. These specs would most likely even be the MINIMUM of what should be required to play Runescape on a mobile device. Horribly enough, you'd have to know both of two computer languages to be able to port Runescape from the Java language to the iPhone. You need to know both Java and Objective-C. It would be a huge job, almost starting from scratch, although if you new Java, you'd be able to read and sort of convert your knowledge into Objective-C. Alls I'm saying, even the 3DS doesn't have enough power behind it to run Runescape whether it's modded, home brewed, or even overclocked.

Please don't bump 3 year old threads. Also, you're bringing up the 2011-2012 iphone in response to a thread who's last post was in 2009.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.