Best range atk bonus.

Nopheo

What would bring the highest range atk bonus? The absolute highest in game. I am pretty sure armadyl is involved so I already started buying. Is there anything better then:

Armadyl helm

Armadyl Chestplate

Armadyl Plateskirt

Ranger boots

Amulet of Fury

Ava's accumulater (since range cape doesn't give bonus)

Barrows gloves

Unholy book

Archers ring

Weapon? Crystal bow?

Ammo doesn't affect

Did I miss anything?

Total cost: about 40 mil?

nopheo.png

Nopheo.png

yup all these are the best for their respective inventory slots just note that you can't wield unholy book and crystal bow at the same time...i would think that unholy book with rune xbow and dragonstone bolts would out perform crystal bow by a mile...

maxed out melee on 10/10/08, current goal: 94/99 cooking

life may be unfair, but why can't it be unfair in my favor?

my fake plant died because i forgot to pretend to water it

Selhy.png

oh and crystal bow degrades over time so unless you are going to be buying lots of them and using till they are 9/10 before throwing them away the rune xbow would definitely be better...rune xbow gives 90 range bonus with unholy book that will be 98 bonus...dark bow only gives 95 range bonues while crystal bow gives 100 but only at 10/10...and i think if you use runite bolts you will definitely be able to hit harder than crystal bow...

Selhy.png

yup all these are the best for their respective inventory slots just note that you can't wield unholy book and crystal bow at the same time...i would think that unholy book with rune xbow and dragonstone bolts would out perform crystal bow by a mile...

This would give ~198 bonus (less than the 200 with crystal, but only for 250 shots).. But would really prove stronger than a crystal bow..

~Zackdt

zackdt.png

it is absolutely not practical to use a crystal bow for 250 shots then drop it and change another one even if you are richer than me >.> and rune xbows have the added advantage of using bolts with special effects...if you use dragonstone runite bolts the damage you can hit is quite amazing...even if you chose to use diamond bolts instead you can easily hit into the 30s when you spec...and if you are boss killing ruby bolts can hit up to an amazing 51 damage...

Selhy.png

Thanks for all the answers. I know I can't wield book and bow obviously. Anyway, I was just thinking the best in each slot. For objectivity purposes. Crystal bow with 10/10 is the best numberwise.

nopheo.png

Nopheo.png

wrong -.- full void only allows you to hit 10% higher...and comes at the expense of a loss of range bonus...if you are comparing full void to armadyl, armadyl owns definitely...it is impossible for the extra 10% to make up for the range bonus loss from not wearing armadyl...

Selhy.png

wrong -.- full void only allows you to hit 10% higher...and comes at the expense of a loss of range bonus...if you are comparing full void to armadyl, armadyl owns definitely...it is impossible for the extra 10% to make up for the range bonus loss from not wearing armadyl...

It will if you kill stuff with low defense. And it also has 10 range attack bonus. And since the weapon has fairly high range attack bonusses, you'll still hit high. That is also the reason why mage void fails and melee void owns <3:

Excuse me, I do believe that you are wrong. I myself own a set of full void. My max hit with full void + 10/10 crystal bow + glory + accumulator + snakeskin boots is 23. My max hit with full guthix dragonhide + 10/10 crystal bow + glory + accumulator + snakeskin boots is 19. Do the math.

oversized.jpg[/bads]^3.14159254

Excuse me, I do believe that you are wrong. I myself own a set of full void. My max hit with full void + 10/10 crystal bow + glory + accumulator + snakeskin boots is 23. My max hit with full guthix dragonhide + 10/10 crystal bow + glory + accumulator + snakeskin boots is 19. Do the math.

He has a point, but so do you. On lower defense monsters (relative to your own ranged level), Void is total ownage. But on higher defense monsters, Armadyl will give more damage per hour.

I'm 93 ranged, and I use Void successfully on Nechs, blue dragons, bloodveld, iron drags, Kalphites, etc. But on things like Mithril Dragons and super high defense monsters, you're better off with hides.

He has a point, but so do you. On lower defense monsters (relative to your own ranged level), Void is total ownage. But on higher defense monsters, Armadyl will give more damage per hour.

I'm 93 ranged, and I use Void successfully on Nechs, blue dragons, bloodveld, iron drags, Kalphites, etc. But on things like Mithril Dragons and super high defense monsters, you're better off with hides.

So how about iron dragons? I use rune xbow + emerald bolts. Should I use void or full black dhide + archer helm?

oversized.jpg[/bads]^3.14159254

No, it's goodbye 0-0-23-0-0-0. It's hello to 12-19-16-11-19-18.

Do the math. :lol:

Hopefully. Should I bring ranger pots along too? I have 56 iron drags to kill from Sumona >.<

In a word, yes.

Barrows: 9~2 V Brass,V Flail,2 Dh Plate,V Helm,V Skirt,T Legs,Malevolent Shield DKing: 48~6 W Ring,13 A Ring,8 M Staff,9 S Ring,7 B Ring,3 Seercull
Dragon Drops: 500+~50+ Med,26 Axe,3 Chain,10+ Legs,10+ Spear,2 D2h,10+ L Half,49 Boots,2 DDs,10+ Lump,9 Claws,50+ Dagger,14 Visage,50+ Mace,4 Scimitar,7 Hasta,Baxe,50+ Long,30+ Royal,2 Kite,4 Ward,2 Plate,Staff,Hammer,Limbs, Mattock,Halberd
GWD: 156~4 S Staff,50+ Shard,9 B Tass,13 B Plate,5 B Boots,6 A Plate,11 S Sword,8 A Hilt,4 A Skirt,9 A Helm,S Hilt,3 B Hilt,B Glove,2 A Buckler,Z Ward,Z Garb,2 Z Boots,B Shield,B Helm

Corp: 3~Elysian,2 Sp Sh Nex: 6~Torva Legs,Cere,P cowl,Z bow,2 T boots + GWD2: 9~2 Glaive,Wand,2 Crest,Blade,2 Essence,Core Araxyte: 5~Web,3 Pheromone,Fang + Raids: 4~3 Codex,P Boots  + Trails: 2~Bob Shirt,Fortunate

Etc: 64~3 Sceptre,B Mask,16 Whip,2 Focus Sight,5 D Bow,7 SOL,Ragefire,2 Steadfast,Arma Staff,6 Rider Armor,5 Vine,2 Razorback,2 A Wand,Abby Orb,3 Blood Shard,6 Hydrix,Gland,Asc Xbow
[spoiler=Capes]Quest Cape Aquired 12-7-07 ~ Level 93 + + + Completionist Cape Aquired 5-22-15 ~ Level 138
Hitpoints Cape Aquired 9-21-09 ~ Level 131 + Magic Cape Aquired 9-24-09 Attack Cape Aquired 3-5-10 ~ Level 135 Summoning Cape Aquired 3-12-10

Strength Cape Aquired 6-1-11 ~ Level 137 Fire Cape Aquired 6-23-11 Defence Cape Aquired 7-5-11 + Ranged Cape Aquired 8-1-11 Kiln Cape Aquired 2-26-12 ~ Level 138
Dungeoneering Cape Aquired 4-22-12 + Slayer Cape Aquired 6-25-14 ~ Level 200 + Herblore Cape Acquired 12-9-14 ~ Level 138 Prayer Cape Acquired 12-20-14
Agility Cape Acquired 1-4-15 + Hunter Cape Acquired 1-30-15 Construction Cape Acquired 1-31-15 Crafting Cape Acquired 2-22-15 Thieving Cape Acquired 3-18-15
Runecrafting Cape Acquired 4-14-15 Mining Cape Acquired 4-19-15 Fishing Cape Acquired 4-25-15 Firemaking Cape Acquired 4-26-15 Woodcutting Cape Acquired 4-26-15
Cooking Cape Acquired 4-26-15Smithing Cape Acquired 4-28-15 Farming Cape Acquired 4-29-15 Divination Cape Acquired 5-3-15 Dungeoneering Mastery 5-4-15
Fletching Cape Acquired 5-4-15 Max Cape Acquired 5-4-15 + Invention Cape Acquired 11-9-16 Invention Mastery 5-16-19 + Archaeology Cape Acquired 10-30-20

• 1 year later...

On account of new updates, the archer's ring should be replaced with an imbued archer's ring (from mobilizing armies) which offers +8 ranged att bonus, and the fury should be replaced by an amulet of ranging offering +15 ranged att bonus. This would result in a total +210 ranged att with a fully charged crystal bow or a +208 bonus if you use a rune crossbow and an unholy book.

The Simplicity of Truth is the most profound

Contradiction to the Wisest of Simple men.