Clue Scrolls, still worthwhile doing?

mchainmail

Yeah it's a nice variation to doing repetitive stuff - plus, it's pretty hard to make a loss.

127th level 3 clue last week and first piece of god armour ever.... guthix plate. It would be awful seeing one on the floor knowing there's a possibility it may be good stuff.

johannase.jpg

Thank you to tripsis for an awesome sig!

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I always do them, but nowadays I usually finish my slayer task before doing the clue. Sometimes I also go and harass the ham people when I cant decide what to do in game ;)

Please think before you ask a question. If you ask the right question, its much more likely you get the answer you are looking for :)

Gugge.png

Moly.png

I don't 'hunt' for them, but if I get them i do them.

99 Woodcutting Achieved on 17th December 2007

Barrows Drops: 1 x Great Axe; 3 x Brassard; 1 x K Coif; 1x Dh Helm; 2 x Guthans Plate; 1 x Ahrim Hood; 1 x Ahrim Skirt; 2 x Flail; 1 x X-bow; 2 x Dharok Legs.

LMsmallsigcopy.jpg

I do them because you never know what you might get also it encourages me to do quests if I need them for the clue. But it's usually just a nice slayer break.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Well, my mum (yes she plays RS :roll: ) was camping at jellys for a few weeks, and so was I. She got twice as much clues as me and she got around 20M!!! from all the stuff. The lastest clues she did where all junk, not even worth 100k! The lastest clue was 9 purple sweets and a rune pick! ( post pic later).

So i am not camping there anymore and just skilling because im never lucky =p

recci-518.png

If I get one I'll just let it sit in my bank until I can be bothered to do something with it, which is usually when I get a Slayer task I don't feel like doing.

I generally find that I can make more money from my Slayer task than a clue in the same space of time.

Only really valuable thing I have ever had is a Rune (g) kite.

-BloodAngel

SLwQsg1.png

"Unfortunately, the real world isn't the same as a fairy tale."

Don't HUNT for clues, but if i get em, i always do em, the 3rd age of robin hood hat, or eevn just a 100k reward, makes u smile, takes away some repetetivness, and can make ur day, week or month

Current goal: 94 mage (85).

Proud owner of Quest cape, While guthix sleeps completed 3rd january 2009.

That's 100k more than you started with :P

I always do my clues, level 1 are 50% do and 50% drop as they dishearten me alot when I get a really rubbish reward. Always do level 3 though, give you a break from what your doing and always get a lil more cash in one way or another lol. Plus the hope for a great reward :P

wildxyak.png

99: Agility 28/12/14|Thieving 20/03/15

I've been slaying quite a bit, and almost all of the tasks drop at least one clue scroll. However, recently I have found them less and less worthwhile to do. Granted, there are some great rewards, but they tend to be very rare. Most of my clue scrolls are valued at under 100k, so it begs me to ask the question, do you even do clues any more?

Yes same abou 25 consecutive clues now all under 100k.. sick of it my friends are getting 3a, robins and rune trimmed and i get black dhide, rune daggers, and flat packs

i dont understand why do my clues have to be off poor pirates

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

Had clue off Aviancies about six weeks ago still not done it. Last three or four have been poor rewards, but there's always the off-chance of something good which is why i'll never drop em.

I spose what really bugs me is the clothing requirements: stand in Ardougne and blow a raspberry at the Baker whilst wearing superman top, England shorts and a knotted hanky on your head.......... w/e :?

Rozanante.png

Rozanante.png

Still the proud owner of Quest Cape since 8th December 2007

All skills used to be 70 or higher. (Dang you Dungeoneering. Oh wait, it's not a skill...)

Drops: Whips 8, Black Mask 8, D/Skirt 1, D/Spear 1, D/Shield Left Half 1, D/Boots 12, G/Maul 4, Range Ammy 1, Hexcrest 1.

Yeah, they are. They don't take that much time to complete, and there is the promise of something good.

I always do them, partly because I enjoy them, but mostly because even if you only make 100k from alchable rune items, you still profited.

I would be so happy if I still got rune items worth about that much every "dud" clue. But with the new update, you're lucky to get a level 3 worth over 30k.

Definitely. I just enjoy it breaking up the monotony (of anything). I don't get them terribly often so it's a nice change. I recently went back to do a little slaying, and I got a clue from jellys yesterday, didn't end up doing it until today. 2 rune longs, rune legs, zamorak d'hide body. ~800k. Got another from hellhounds (my current task) Rune kite (t) sold instantly 333k.

Yeah, I get a lot of junky clues, but I still personally find them to be fun. The only problem is Jagex keeps putting in new rewards, making the old rewards worth even less. That's part of why most are such junk :-\

I spose what really bugs me is the clothing requirements: stand in Ardougne and blow a raspberry at the Baker whilst wearing superman top, England shorts and a knotted hanky on your head.......... w/e :?

HAHA!!! I must agree, Uri's emotes always piss me off. I've got about three rows of random junk items that I keep just so I don't have to buy them again if I get a clue.

wontrimmed.jpg

bunker_boy.png

Never done a single clue scroll before; I'd much rather do something with definitive results than something based entirely on luck

Well, to be honest, about 90% of Runescape is based on luck.

nice made up percentage there :thumbdown:

Might want to read what he actually says. Notice the "about."

Everything in Runecape is based on luck. (minus a couple of secondary skills (flething, crafting))

I could hit my max hit 1000 times but just as likely I could hit 0 1000 times.

(Really, think before you type...)

I always do clue scrolls when I get them. They're fun to me, and I enjoy doing them. The reward at the end is just a bonus. And if it turns out to be something good, well, free money.

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

Kaze_the_Ace.png

SLAYERGEEK

nice made up percentage there :thumbdown:

Might want to read what he actually says. Notice the "about."

Everything in Runecape is based on luck. (minus a couple of secondary skills (flething, crafting))

I could hit my max hit 1000 times but just as likely I could hit 0 1000 times.

(Really, think before you type...)

Even fletching and crafting are based on luck. You could get random events non stop until 99 making you take 3 times as long in getting the level. Or you could start at exactly the right time, and Jagex makes an update that makes it drastically cheaper / more expensive. Or you could be holding 100k yew longbows the same day Jagex decides "Hey let's change the alch value to 50 gp."

Bad luck can ruin everything in Runescape. Therefore everything in runescape is at least partially luck based.

never ever again

i had to do 3 puzzels 2 wildy co-rds 1 kilimonjaro co-rd and loads of other stuff

the reward: 2 rune c bows a magic shortbow a black d hide body and a gilded bench

around 10 lv3 scrolls done and no special items apart from that gilded bench

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]