Clue Scrolls, still worthwhile doing?

mchainmail

Level 1 and 2's are worth it, there's some good stuff in those, and they're quick to get and quick to finish. They aren't an amazing moneymaker, but they're ok. Level 3 is just pathetic, you have something like 1 chance out of 10 000 to get something of actual value, it's like playing the lottery except you waste 30 min-3 hour of your life to buy the ticket, and 30 min-1 hour to process the ticket. Anyway, if you do 3s, do it for the fun, don't expect anything.

2480+ total

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They take 5-10 minutes to do and usually get a lot.

Also, some horrid lies in this topic :roll:

Level 3 clues have a MINIMUM of 4 parts - maximum of 6. Each part of the clue gets you a "reward", I challenge anyone to find me a clue with less than 4 rewards or more than 6. (Level 3)

Level 2/1 clues work the same but with 3-5 and 2-4 respectively.

Note: you can get multiple runes for example, in one I had 150 law runes, but that was 5-6 "reward"s of law runes.

Fun and relaxing. Just take a dip in the Oo'glog pools, grab a few tele's had run around runescape. Sometimes it isn't about money.

Picture2-10.png

So, Lone Star, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Yes. I've only done around 13 clues in the times that I have members. All from green drags, I got goodies =)

4/13 were good.

1 - Guthix Kite

2 - 4 Rune Plates

3 - Rune (g) Plate

4 - Top Hat (wewt 4.5m =p)

I'm probably really lucky or something, but I'd consider myself pro at solving those slider puzzles which most levels 3s have, as I can do one in less than a minute =p

NOTE: I kill green drags for a living (in the dragon pit in level 13 wild). The moment I get a clue I leave to go do it.

Xenon_101.png

Xenon_101.png

99 Range on 08/25/08!

Solo Arma Hilt on 12/06/08! (clicky)

Clues were good before the latest clue update. A junk clue was worth 100k. Not a lot of money, but atleast it made you feel like the 30 mins was worth it somewhat. Now, clues just arent worth the time.

A_Punk.png

Thanks to all those who have messaged me concerning a revamp of my Range-Slayer guide. Because of you all I will start rewriting it asap.[/color]

Formerly RobinHoodie.

Level 3 clues have a MINIMUM of 4 parts - maximum of 6. Each part of the clue gets you a "reward", I challenge anyone to find me a clue with less than 4 rewards or more than 6. (Level 3)

I swear to you. I've had a clue that was 3 parts(before the update) and a clue that was 7 parts(after the update). I have no reason to lie. 110% True.

But yeah, I always do clues when I get them. Just today I got Rune(T) Skirt and another clue worth about 150k. ::' So... They're still worth it for me. :)

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

I do (or actually, did -.- ) all my Clue Scrolls. Though they usually give you just loads of rubbish, you'll occasionally get a rare or another expensive item. Also, the reward usually covers the costs used to teleports and food needed for the clue. (I've only had one clue that didn't cover the costs.)

Also, at least for me, they offer loads of fun! :)

Master of Attack ~ August 29th, 2010

Proud to have served the awesome Tip.It Crew <3

4bbb67ec44.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

Juhniz.png

I swear to you. I've had a clue that was 3 parts(before the update) and a clue that was 7 parts(after the update). I have no reason to lie. 110% True.

But yeah, I always do clues when I get them. Just today I got Rune(T) Skirt and another clue worth about 150k. ::' So... They're still worth it for me. :)

I know some clues feel SHORTER and LONGER, but you'll often forget about a step.

There are a few glitches with clues too - getting a casket in a casket and such, that's the only way I can see that you can get less than 4 "clues" but you'll still get 4 rewards. I've done literally thousands of clues and have never experienced anything other than clues that are 4-6 parts long. Also, if 3 part clues were available I'd hate getting one, even at 4 parts you're 33% more likely of getting a reward (By giving you an additional item)

Worth doing for me. I'm broke XD and I enjoy doing something different for a change.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

I've nevr had a 80k+ clue, and that had 50k worth of required Uri items. I still do clues though, might strike it lucky, and makes a good change from training.

Hmmm....

I need a new siggy, get round to doing it later.

Probably.

ive done 500-1k clues, theres just no getting around it if you want to finance training slayer.

so yeah i keep doing them and once in a while i get something thats worth it, heres a part of my log:

23-04-08 - Robin Hood Hat

18-05-08 - Zamorak Platebody

24-05-08 - Saradomin Platebody

13-06-08 - Rune Full Helmet (t)

13-06-08 - Black Cavalier

Lord_Beloved.png

I know some clues feel SHORTER and LONGER, but you'll often forget about a step.

There are a few glitches with clues too - getting a casket in a casket and such, that's the only way I can see that you can get less than 4 "clues" but you'll still get 4 rewards. I've done literally thousands of clues and have never experienced anything other than clues that are 4-6 parts long. Also, if 3 part clues were available I'd hate getting one, even at 4 parts you're 33% more likely of getting a reward (By giving you an additional item)

I've recorded 8 step clues on several occasions since the update.

Ahaha, that'd be fun, but no. :P

Since the update, I haven't had a single level 3 that took <6 steps. It's always been 6, 7, or 8.

Me too, Though i've gotten 2-3 five step clues.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

Since the update? Are you sure? Because I've done around 50-60 level 3s since then.

Yep, I've done around 20-30 clues since the update. 2 or 3 of them were 5 steps.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

I hate clue scrols now.

For the past week i have done about 6 and all i keep getting is rune armour, weapons, sweets and black d hide armour. It is a Waste of time now. Also the clues are dropped more frequent now.