Clue Scrolls, still worthwhile doing?

mchainmail

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Friend got 3rd age a few days after 3rd Age came out and became instantly rich. She has Phats. So....yes, they are worth doing.

JAGeX stated that getting 3rd Age was less likely than getting a champion scroll from an imp. When I get a champion scroll, I'll start doing every single clue I get.

mrE.png

"We will certainly not be gaining money or members with this update. Instead, we are doing this for the good of the game, which is as dear to our hearts as it is to you."

- JAGEX, December 13, 2007

I don't really hunt for them... But while I train slayer, if I get one, I'll do it when I finish up that task or when I go to the bank for more food, who knows, it could turn out to be something great, and even if it isn't, you probably are still making a profit from it if its a lvl 3 clue. I've been on a dry streak for clue rewards lately, so something good is bound to pop up soon enough.

99 HP, Attack, Strength, Defence, Summoning, Ranged, Herblore, Prayer, Agility, Magic, Slayer, Fletching, Fishing, Woodcutting, Mining, and Thieving.

Jagex'd out of my untrimmed hp cape on 6/14/2011.

I do every single clue I get, no matter the level either.

When ever I train slayer, if I get a clue I do it right then, I don't wait for the end of the task.

I had a task of greater demons once, got a clue and instead of finishing task I did it then. I ended up getting 3 more clues IN THE SAME task. my last one giving me 3rd age mage hat (Which I junk traded for H'ween Mask set).

And that is why I do them.... lol

sig.jpg

I always do them straight away and drop everything else. Since theirs always a chance of getting something good, theirs always a reason to do them. Every clue you throw away could be a 3rd Age Kitesheild...It probably won't be, but if you don't do the clue, how will you know?

logo2d.jpg

I still do lvl 3 clue scrolls:

PRO's:

-More teleports available = faster solving (late arrivals on the teleporting market: Ring of slaying, Combat bracelets, Crafting Necklace, Faery Rings, Lumby Diary ring, Karamja Gloves, 3 extra destinations on Games Necklace, man, WOW almost no more running required compared to olden days!)

-No more PKers = wild a lot more predictable = I never switch gear anymore, Full armadyl is good for wild and good to beat Sara Wizard!

-Learned to range all Sara Wizards and most of the Evil Uri's = almost no food needed

-House teleport gives me access to 6 teleport gates, is located in Brimhaven (My spirit tree is also there) and has a Glory = total of 11 Destinations = A lot less banking, convenient spot for Praying

CON's:

-Loot on average worse because of devaluation of prices (typical clue reward these days around 50k)

-More clues per clue 6 has become average (from 4 to 7) It used to be 5 average

-Stupid stuff that you need for emotes

So my conclusion was:

- Because of all the stuff that is needed I only do lvl 3's

- The heightened number of clues per clue and the worse rewards => Maximum 1 clue per slayer assignment

I have to say that the clues bring a lot less cash per hour than the best money making skills that I could do, but hey I know people that solve Sudoku's for fun.

2100+ total 3rd best skiller ever at 99 combat (maybe the best, highest total below 100 cb)

99 Cook 99 Fletch 99 Woodcut 99 Firemaking 99 Range 99 Mage 99 Thief 99 Fish 99 Agility 99 Mining 99 Runecrafting 99 Hp 99 Slayer 99 Smith 99 Hunt 99 Construction 99 Craft 99 Farming

I think they are worth doing, i hovever only refer to lvl 3 clues as i havnt got any other clue for a very long time, when i get a clue I continue killing the slayermonsters that droped it untill i would for some reason have to bank, then i do it :mrgreen:

Same, doing one from greater demons after my task & herb farm run \'

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

Th3_C4bb4g3.png

- Back to casual f2p scaping due to limited time (university and girlfriend <3:) -

I always do clue scrolls, why not do them? They never take more than 1/2 an hour for me, and I usually get 100k+ from them. Besides I got a 3rd Age Mage Hat from my last clue scroll. \'

Barrows Runs: ~75

Days Spent Barrowing: 3

Barrows Drops: Verac Skirt, Guthan Helm, Karil Coif, Ahrim Robetop, Ahrim Hood, Guthan Spear, Ahrim Skirt