"Perfect" Updates

warrior5024

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5. Easier fairy rings.

They could've made it better by being able to click the list on the right, and it automatically sens you there.

Always wondered why they didn't do that...

In the eyes of the masses, "perfect" updates don't exist. In the eyes of a single person, the idea of a "perfect" update can change radically from person to person.

(And while we're on the subject of updates, I WANT MORE HERBLORE UPDATES!)

Updates that help, not just with everyday things but also do little things for you, could be considered "perfect". But in reality, nothing is ever "perfect"

[/ramble]

Need a new signature....perhaps...

Most of the good ones have been discussed already. I think clan chat was pretty good, and so was the introduction of the farming skill (boring to some but I like it). I don't fell like listing what others have done, so thats all for now.

Forum Updates & Suggestions <------ Let your voice be heard!
Forum Games <------- Coolest place on Tip.It
Tip.It Forum Rules <------- Read them!

Infinite shops.

Grand Exchange - Not the lost of free trade.

Clan Wars.

Clan Chat.

The Abyss.

Spottier capes. < Hunter.

Graphical Updates.

The Whip. < Slayer.

Holiday Events.

Dragon equipment installments.

Daily Quests.

Probably more....

Infinite shops.

Clan Wars.

Clan Chat.

The Abyss.

Graphical Updates.

The Whip. < Slayer.

Holiday Events.

Daily Quests.

Probably more....

I wouldn't say the G.E, half the RSOF was terrified prices would plunge uncontrollably because of gold farmers and impatient people.

Air_Dragon15.png

Infinite shops.

Clan Wars.

Clan Chat.

The Abyss.

Graphical Updates.

The Whip. < Slayer.

Holiday Events.

Daily Quests.

Probably more....

I wouldn't say the G.E, half the RSOF was terrified prices would plunge uncontrollably because of gold farmers and impatient people.

Correction: Prices DID plunge uncontrollably.

~Boo

So don't let anyone tell you you're not worth the earth,

These streets are your streets, this turf is your turf,

Don't let anyone tell you that you've got to give in,

Cos you can make a difference, you can change everything,

Just let your dreams be your pilot, your imagination your fuel,

Tear up the book and write your own damn rules,

Use all that heart, hope and soul that you've got,

And the love and the rage that you feel in your gut,

And realise that the other world that you're always looking for,

Lies right here in front of us, just outside this door,

And it's up to you to go out there and paint the canvas,

After all, you were put on the earth to do this,

So shine your light so bright that all can see,

Take pride in being whoever the [bleep] you want to be.

As many people have said before, there is no such thing as a major perfect update (but may be subject to change), but the ones that are perfect are often so small and simple in nature that there isn't enough room to make a mistake. But, I don't think that the fact that a game excludes lower levels is a reason why an update is no longer 'perfect', because the game is based on the idea of developing characters.

Castle Wars: The game is perfect, but the rewards are terrible and useless apart from gold armour as a status symbol which require a lot of tickets. Even then, it's useless in combat for anyone who played enough to get the required tickets.

The Whip: Overpowered to the point that any player who wishes to succeed in combat has to get one, and then there's no variety.

The GE: Potentially perfect, but the incorrect prices and Jagex's inability to consult players on prices of new/expensive items have ripped it to shreds.

The only thing that I could label as major and perfect is graphical updates, especially the big one coming in about two weeks time.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Recipe for disaster was an epic and enthralling quest, that people of all levels could complete to an extent (they could get some quest points out of it), while only those with some higher levels could totally finish all of it.

The introduction of the gloves as a reward in that quest and kitchen utensils (especially the latter) was a success, as they were useful at almost all levels.

That's definitely in my top five. Slayer rewards are pretty good too, although I don't see why people are saying that the update has "refreshed the skill", as there aren't that many options for your slayer points to be spent on. It's definitely a good update though-- I'm not complaining.

Click here.

If you go there good things will transpire.

Any update that wasn't made within the last year and a half ish?

ITs not the updates have been bad, its that the community revolving around runescape has got bad.

If those updates came out today i could guarentee to you that people would be whining about them.

Especially if cw came out today 'omg another combat minigame withoout pking omg omg'

Or maybe if barrows came out 'oh no a new way of making money that ruins my old way im gonna kill myself'

Updates have kept up the same tempo and good points, its the community that has become heavily critical of every single move jagex makes. No longer are people happy they get an update every week, now people seem to want 2 per week, and if its one they dont like they cry like a 4 year old toddler.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Barrows? Barrows was HATED when it first came out! That was before the armour started degrading, and the common opinion was that Jagex had completely screwed over anyone who'd spent millions on dragon kit that was now going to be obsolete and impossible to sell...

The next week, they made Barrows kit wear out and break.

NOW Barrows appears on the list of "perfect" updates. But it definitely didn't when they first released it.

It's nice to see Jagex responding promptly to urgent concerns from the players, of course.

Slayer - greatest skill that's been added. :thumbsup:

Clan chat - Awesome.

God Wars Dungeon - Awesome.

Clue scrolls - Awesome, plus there's three different types for basically every player!

Castle Wars - Fun.

SKILL CAPES - One of Jagex's greatest updates.

Oh, forgot to mention RS2.

So, I would have to be the first person to say Dagganoth Kings, wouldn't I?

These three brothers who were trapped in the lowest depths of Dagganoth Islands mazes and tunnels deep in the Runescape landscape were the Number 1 reason why I played this game so long. For 2 years I would routinely go down with friends like Leesters, Soma, Muggiwhplar, Cloudstri101, Cdub Foo, Ink Heart 7, Zman, and many others. Eventually we got a good rotation so that we only would need 3 people to kill these giant, and very deadly if not fought correctly, beasts. The only thing is that I wish Jagex could have came out with the next big Boss Monsters which I had been hoping for the past year every time I was in the DK lair, I would say I wanted new bosses, which wouldn't last 2 hrs for random drops.

Well Jagex finally brought them in, 3 months after I was forced to quit.

The Dagganoth Kings and Castle Wars were the 2 reason why I loved this game.

Oh, and maybe Barrows, because I met one of my best friends there.

Knowledge Talks| | Wisdom Listens

~~Heroes Get Remembered, But Legends Never Die~~

Vitafides.jpeg

Xbox Live & Playstation Network Name: Trojann2

My opinions are that:

A) Castle Wars. A great minigame that has rule's and gamplay set-up in a way that really makes it enjoyable. It also has rewards, small ones, that don't change anything in your RS life, so no-one feels obligated to get them.

B) Barrows. One of the first "high level" minigame with risk vs. reward. It allowed some of the greatest armors and special effects into the game. The only thing bad with this was karil's coif and ahrim's staff.

I still have my complaints about Castle Wars. Namely, a team with a lot of Level 40's vs. a team with a lot of Level 120's does not make for a fair, nor fun, game. And don't forget leechers too... I can rant about the problems with CW's for a while...

And as I see it, there is no such thing as a Perfect Update.

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

I don't think any update will ever be perfect because of the wide variety of players in Runescape. Each player will think of things differently and there is no way Jagex can suit something to suit everyone. It's impossible. So while I may think an update is perfect and there is nothing wrong, somebody else will think it is the most pathetic thing ever. So when it comes to the large amount of people who play Runescape, Jagex have a very hard job of keeping everyone happy.

Perfect Updates = Never going to happen

About the only perfect update that I could think of would be Jagex announcing that they had created a virus that would destroy any computer used by someone who would complain about an update (can't complain publicly without a computer, can you?).

If I had to pick one update that I think was perfect, I would say I probably couldn't. Almost any update can be argued against in one way or the other.

From a skiller: It's too combat heavy!

From a combat pure: It's too skill-based!

From a low-level: It's too high leveled!

From a high-level: It's too low level!

For low-levels: It's not worth it!

For high-levels: It's too hard! / It's not good enough!

For all: We want updates for us only! / Why should they get an update!?

The only update that I think might be perfect would be the upcoming graphical ones, and that's because it's not any content change. Rather, it only affects appearances.

f475e02ecc.png

don't worry, you are going to "hell" anyway. wanna race to see who gets there first?

Officially reached 100 Combat at 1:33PM EST, June 14, 2007

First Dragon Drop: Dragon Chain (Dust Devils) @ 10:48PM EST, July 14, 2008, lv113 combat

Barely any updates were loved by everyone/never changed. There are some ownage quests that came out that were widely loved, though. RFD, MEP2, Smoking Kills, Rocking Out, etc.

To those saying there is no perfect update: What could possibly be complained about in the recent update that fixed 'dancing' with monsters?

I still feel updates like that are the perfect ones, and we need more.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

Perfect updates are ones that don't add new content or disrupt gameplay, but simply make things better for players. A recent example is tweaking the movement system to minimize dancing with monsters. Can you imagine how happy players would be if we got things like that three times a month instead of throwaway low level quests?

I just went to mith drags and was still dancing like before.