"Perfect" Updates

warrior5024

A perfect update that nobody disagreed with...hmm. Does it have to be recent? I got it, the removal of the fally massacre bug. (I got that dang massacre on the brain because my clan got really interested in it and now wont shut up about it. The say the just found out it happened today... pssh, newbs)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-The Abyssal Rift

-Karamja Achievement Diary

-Castle Wars Mini Game

-Barrows Mini Game

-Fist of Guthix Mini Game

-Pyramid Plunder Mini Game

-Slayer Skill

-Construction Skill

-Summoning 2

I picked the most useful and fun updates I could think of. They are all perfect in my eyes at least.

There has never been an update that could actually make me upset or that I couldn't cope with.

Though, talking about perfect updates. In past, one I can think of was the addition characters such as "ö, ä, õ, ü". Perfect update that I'm looking for is the proper clan support, which involves clan registering, clan banks, all other carefully worked out details and thanks to that minigames more similar to previous wilderness. (They say it's too tricky to do nowadays if not impossible...)

-The Abyssal Rift

-Castle Wars Mini Game

-Barrows Mini Game

-Slayer Skill

-Construction Skill

-Summoning 2

I picked the most useful and fun updates I could think of. They are all perfect in my eyes at least.

The only one of those that really applies would be the Karamja Diaries. This is about updates that satisfied EVERYONE. And I certainly heard a lot of complaints about PP ruining theif's respect, and construction bankrupting people, etc.

(Although I agree with you that those are all great updates, they don't satisfy everyone. :P)

-The Abyssal Rift

-Castle Wars Mini Game

-Barrows Mini Game

-Slayer Skill

-Construction Skill

-Summoning 2

The only one of those that really applies would be the Karamja Diaries.

bawww I can't kill a ket-zek!

I just went to mith drags and was still dancing like before.

A perfect update doesn't have to be 100% flawless, it just has to not make anybody less happy than they were before. Surely you can take the reduced dancing at miths (yes, it DID reduce it there), and everywhere else, and call it a win?

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

if they take out BH then thats the best there will never be another "omfg i have to fight someone 30 lvls higher then me" "i want my stuff back jagex" "omfg i died and lost my gs im quiting"

best update if we ever get it

The only people who complain about losing their stuff in Bh are the noobs and non-pkers.

And the having to fight someone higher leveled then you is an adequate complaint. Why should someone basically be Disallowed and banned from pking because they have gone over 67 combat (lower crater p2p max)?

How does a level 68 kill a level 112 (med crater p2p max)?

The person who doesn't see anything wrong with the pairing of a lvl 68 vs a 112 is an ignorant fool.

Zerker_jane.png

I liked POHs.

awesome_bloodvelds_siggeh.pngpossiblesig11.png

:^_^: I drew that smilie, btw, along with a few more used by this site.

Classic bloodveld for lyph3! Although I do like the new ones.

Like a ninja, here I was, gone I am now.

BUT! I may be back! Add my new account, Dr Bloodveld!

Perfect updates are ones that don't add new content or disrupt gameplay, but simply make things better for players. A recent example is tweaking the movement system to minimize dancing with monsters. Can you imagine how happy players would be if we got things like that three times a month instead of throwaway low level quests?

I just went to mith drags and was still dancing like before.

it is a lot more logical in the dancing, and thats about the only place its noticeable simply because there is a very small area around the mith drags, it was worse before

Chapp3rs.png

Ehh, I haven't seen much difference in the dancing on *any* monster that takes up more than one tile. And I've been slaying quite a bit lately. I'm at the chaos tunnel Gargoyles right now, and am dancing like crazy. :|

I'm not saying they didn't fix it up a little, it's just not the "yayyy no more monster dancing!" update we all wish it was.

Chinchompas - People with 99 range have reason to moan

Gilded Altars - People with 99 prayer have reason to moan

GWD - Godswords - Made everyone rich.

Barrows - I can't think of a flaw with barrows <3

Ranged Max hit update - Mages/Melee complain overpowered

Smoking kills, Rfd - 99 Slayers would complain about Smoking Kills, RFD is fairly kick [wagon].

Fight Caves - Fairly flawless.

Most are combat related, but in my eyes were perfect updates. They give a chance for people to make money if needed and have fun doing it, or achieve good new items.

Edited who these would (if so) peed off.

I'm bored and afk'ing.

lanthuscg3.png

They took out the castle wars rocks that you could cross in like 2 seconds. :-#

I hated that update. Those rocks were awesome, and not everyone could do it so it was just another area where skill mattered in CW \'

OT: I would say the 'perfect' updates were Castle Wars, Treasure Trails, Barrows, God Wars Dungeon(it's awesome, I mean come on why complain about something so fun), Construction(sure it was a cash drain but it's so much fun-except for the baaad glitches) and the ranged update with c'bows.

Pirate Rosetta stone. Learn a language while you scape.

Sounds interesting, but these days how many people really speak Pirate?

I dont think any update was perfect... there is always at least one person that will dislike it. whether it is because he just hates the game in general or just does it in spite of how good it is.

I think the perfect ones would be the ones that r handy but r optional.

Including: clanchat/quick chat/req assistance/etc

Ehh, I haven't seen much difference in the dancing on *any* monster that takes up more than one tile. And I've been slaying quite a bit lately. I'm at the chaos tunnel Gargoyles right now, and am dancing like crazy. :|

I'm not saying they didn't fix it up a little, it's just not the "yayyy no more monster dancing!" update we all wish it was.

You're kidding, right? I think you just forgot what it used to be like. At the VERY LEAST, dancing now happens at running speed instead of walking, which gets it over with twice as fast. I haven't seen any dancing AT ALL unless I'm near a wall or obstacle that gets in the way of myself or the monster.

I've been to gargoyles and didn't dance at all. No idea what you're talking about.

Join "DG Sweepers" Clan Chat for Dungeoneering Floors | Accepting all tipiters who are Willing to Learn |

Jelly.pngOccultEpicKeyer21.pngBladewing.png

You're kidding, right? I think you just forgot what it used to be like. At the VERY LEAST, dancing now happens at running speed instead of walking, which gets it over with twice as fast. I haven't seen any dancing AT ALL unless I'm near a wall or obstacle that gets in the way of myself or the monster.

I've been to gargoyles and didn't dance at all. No idea what you're talking about.

I've got to agree with Ryder. But maybe you're just really experienced in non-dancing