Eden's Door

sephiroth_king

Ya, my first literary work in a while. And this rooted from the story Dirge...the characters are the same, and so is the land it takes place in: Aegis. Dirge was the prototype, and many ideas sprouted through inspiration with music, my friends, and the occasional inspiration from old mythology, folklore, and legends (which mysteriously won't appear in the beginning). Remember, C/C is ALWAYS WELCOME. Be the cruelest you can possibly be (including you, bluejay...And Xewleehr...). I hope you enjoy the story as much as I did writing it...Finalizing it...And now want criticism for it...So enjoy, veterans of the library or people I am just starting to see, enjoy! Here...I start with the prologue...Then, I shall write more tomorrow...

~SK

I will begone for the next two days, maybe back Sunday night. C/Cing still welcome, although I won't be here to read them...

Hoping to get a new Signature (with matching avatar) soon. :D

In the meantime...Steam username: )I'll rewrite it later (add me if you want)

Part I: The Burning Stars

Prologue: The Writer: The Dual Symphony

Darkness...Light...Twilight...Dawn...Anomalies...All of them...Yet, 'tis a balance of power...One power outweighing the other, but not overpowering itself...But...For the story to thrive and have meaning...Then I cannot allow a balance...

Darkness cloaked the room with a deathly feel, and a single light was ignited in the middle, a candle upon a wooden desk. Upon the desk was a man, cloaked in black, his face blotted out from view because of his hood. In his hand he held a quill, and an intricately built golden book, with every page blank. He pondered what his plot should be. What his masterpiece should be based upon. After all, he was the writer...He pulled the strings, to any and all of his characters, important or not. But whom shall my character be called?

"For a writer, you take more time than needed to shape a story..."

"A good author always ponders what his story shall be about. How the climax shall turn out. How the end shall be."

"True, but most writers tend to jot down every detail for notation...Then they shape that into a story...You write what comes to mind first? Foolishness."

"Nonsense, Xantez. Now, exit and disappear...You're wasting my valuable time, and time is of the essence...After all, the world could stop spinning at any moment...The galaxies could fall at any moment...Our lives could be crushed at any given moment...Our bodies becoming part of the earth..."

Xantez walked closer to the candlelight. His face was badly burnt, and only his left eye was alive, the other burnt with the rest of his right side of his face. His beard was red, stained with blood, as he wiped away the blood from a knife. He chuckled, withdrew the blade, and walked around the desk, facing the writers hidden face. "You think people can just be obliterated from thin air? You think that people could instantly fall without cause of medical faults? The Viseer will not be pleased, and your lies will be abolished; and the rest of the clan shall know about it." He grinned a nasty grin, determined the writer would beg for mercy.

"You...Are very arrogant, Xantez," said the writer, calmy, "and like the rest of your friends that were erased, you and the others that come after me shall be killed as well...No, no...Not killed...Obliterated. Yes...Thats more fitting..."

Slowly, the writer open a drawer from the desk and pulled out a blank sheet of paper, switched the paper and the book, placing the book within the drawer.

"What the hell are you trying to pull?" Xantez smashed his fist on the desk, shaking it but not even taking a chip off of the wood, as the writer swiftly wrote on the paper. "You're more useless then we all thought! Prepare yourself for your death, for it shall come swiftly!"

Xantez furiously jolted out of the room, yet the Writer did not cease his writing. Within an instant, ten men jolted back into the room, accompanied by Xantez, each holding a guillotine shaped blade. Xantez, laughing sinisterly, crouched lower so he was level with the writers face. Slowly, he said, "Yet...You continue to write..." He ascended, laughing even harder, the rest of the group laughing along with him. "So? What are you writing about?"

"I liked your...Advise. Outlining my story before writing it...Yes, I can already see the outcome."

Xantez scowled. "Well? What's your...Ending?"

The Writer stopped writing, putting the quill in the ink. "My ending? Well, I guess I can tell you...The ending isyour demise."

Xantez lifted his guillotine blade. "Enough of this--" But he could not continue, as he was instantly stricken down to the ground, with what he did not know. Blood splattered upon the floor, and flowed from his mouth, and when he tried to inhale from his mouth, he swallowed the blood, preventing any oxygen intake. Xantez rose, seeing the world in slower motions; his allies instantly vanished, one-by-one, without a single fragment of their existence left behind. No clothing. No weapons. Nothing. Finally, he coughed up the blood that clogged his throat for the horrific ten seconds, and immediately gasped for breath. As he took in oxygen, the writer laughed hysterically.

"This is why your 'master' sends infidels like you to check up on me--he tells you that I lie and murder in cold blood, yet he deceives you with such ease! I don't kill, Xantez--I merely erase. And, when an outcome of an event happens that I don't like or care for, I erase it. Finally, when there are arrogant idiots like you who think they pull my strings, they face erasure."

Xantez, fear struck, merely rested on the ground on all four of his legs, breathing intensely and fast. The Writer rose from his chair, crumbling the sheet of paper, then throwing it into the surrounding darkness. He then crept up to Xantez, kneeling so he was level with his face. "Now, I spared you because you are my most important puppet...Alongside your master, that is...As I speak, Aegis' last critical story is being written, and I am it's author. Everything must play out correctly. The past is obsolete, and I have destroyed the last remnants of the past. And so your memory shall be obliterated as well; this way, you can be one of my most promising antagonists..."

"And...W-W-What of m-m-my m-m-master?" He stuttered as he inhaled more oxygen. "I-I though h-h-he was i-i-important..."

"He plays a critical role, indeed. Yet, you shan't remember him, and his memory shall be obliterated as well. So goes my story. In my story, you shall meet him again, but I cannot spoil the central plot...No, no..." He flailed his finger at Xantez. "Now, Xantez, remember your real name...Rid yourself of the clan name...The Fenix clan is gone, ergo you've no need for your idiotic clan christened name..."

The Writer walked over to his golden volume, opened it gently, then retrieved his quill. Then, he rose, walking back over to Xantez, he whispered a couple of chant words. "Remember, and forget...Vincent. Remember, and forget..." The Writer pushed Virgil's neck into view, then branded a mark upon him, which looked like four stars interconnected with one giant star. Slowly, Vincent closed his eyes and fell asleep.

The Writer let out a deep sigh, and walked back over to his volume. There, he wrote upon the page:

Darkness...Light...Twilight...Dawn...Anomalies...Yet, so is the sky above...So are the stars...As Vincent though this, he collapsed, forgetting everything about his past. Yet, he wasn't the only one; no...From afar, his former master collapsed, thinking the same thoughts as Vincent...The whole land of Aegis had ended, and was reborn. From the darkness light was reborn. From the twilight dawn returned. And these lights were imbedded within four individuals...The reincarnations of the four "Chasers" of perfection...The four warriors who were to come in the omega...The end...They chased perfection. They chased Eden. Eden's door--The ultimate light. This is their last chronicle.

Light has fallen. Twilight with him. Now, the light of Darkness and Dawn remains. Light and Twilight's memory lingers in the Bloodlust Hollows and beyond, even past Eden's Door, the heart of Aegis...However, memory gives birth to reality...And what is written is not always as it seems. Listen to this tale, for it is the tale of the burning stars.

The Writer ceased his writing, and chuckled.

"The Writer is very...vicious, it seems..."

Darkness. Perfect darkness, surrounded by an evil red sky. A knight, with a cape that touched the ground walked within a dead hollow forest. The ground was battle torn and scarred; flames scourged the ground and left the greenery completely deceased. Arrows stuck from the black dirt, some broken but some still intact. Thousands of swords littered the forests, weather it be shattered to shards, melted by flame, or through one of the many lifeless corpses upon the ground. Indeed, with every weapon upon the ground there lay twenty men around it, their bodies mutilated or decapitated, scourged or with severed limbs.

Yet the knight seemed not to mind. Instead, he walked into the core of the battlefield; with every step he took, he sung a quiet hymn to himself, reminding himself of the battle not won, and to pray for the thousands, in not millions, that were killed within a matter of six hours. Another thing the knight could not understand, another thing he did not want to understand: How could one single army of men defeat another within six hours? The knight pondered, interrupting his walking and hymn. It's inhuman. But even we knew it was...Dangerous. We marched out here to take this front...We knew they were powerful, but...Never were they this powerful. Was it this darkness? Did that boost their vitality and strength to inconceivable voids?

He began to whisper the hymn louder now, so he could distract himself from thought:

Sleep now, all who are gone,

for our age sparks a new dawn.

Sleep now, all who fell weak,

for your legend we shall speak.

Sleep now, brother,

for you've another

eternal life to live.

Yet not even the simple hymn could distract him.

"You are a cruel author, and this story...It's beginning...Sinister. Why not make it rain blood, then? Why not erase me from existence, for I cannot live nor exist with such pain...Yet I know it cannot be so. I play an important role. Like a few of the others...It's our...Absolution."

Your absolution indeed.

"Why even speak to me, Writer?"

You...You are one of the most important pieces of the tale, and I cannot allow you to forget anything...Your memory shall remain intact, while the others are gone. Yet, while I control your physical and mental selves, you shall not tell of the past.

"But even I do not know of the past...My memory feels as though it has been blotted out..."

I'm aware. After all, my friend, I dictate what is happening...But first, before I restore all the memory...Be aware that you are a special character within this story.

"By meaning?"

Well, you won't be controlled by the plot. You are a free wanderer, along with the other three people that I choose. So even you can make a difference in the story, if you play your cards correctly.

The knight was in disbelief. "Why would you give only four of us this power?"

If I didn't give you some power...Then I could determine the outcome of this story beginning to end...Why even write? You can make my plot twists. You can set a great plot. If I dictated everything you did, then this world would face utter erasure by my hand. Now, I'm tired of talking to you...Ah, yes, one more thing...As you fall into this sleep where your memories are restored, I am giving you some...Extra memories..."

"Why me?"

The Writer laughed softly. Because, Ren, you are my main character.

Ren felt a jolt of pain in his head, and instantly collapsed, his head pounding with pain, pleasure, and horror at the same time.

Remember the past, for you...Are a reincarnate...

As Ren was rendered asleep, the Writer, began writing his prologue, in the distant tower within the dark forest.

What a dark world we inhabit,

humans, animals, all beings,

yet we cannot stop seeing old habits,

and visions of deathly seeings.

The end is coming, so tells my dream,

four warriors shine dim light,

the four are enemies, but it seems

they do not want to fight.

My vision shows a draconic terror,

with nine heads and bloody fangs,

they draw their blades and fight, all four

each one failed, and the dirge sang.

My dream cannot be reality,

for I cannot decipher it's meaning,

but I see it coming again, and my mortality

falls into dreaming, m body leaning...

I woeld the power of light,

gilded armor and blade I wield,

and tears stream down my face as I fight,

my bretherin take heed and yield.

History needen't remember me,

for my brother of dark lost his way,

he swings and I fall, I cannot see...

Don't lose sight of the light! I say...

I love you, brother, you I cannot save,

I fear the dirge, and from history I'll go away...

Twilight I hold within myself,

darkness I fear, and a dirge that sings

"Death is impending! Come, give thyself!"

And my brother of light falls, evil rings.

I've always trusted you, brother,

every battle we fought, the armor we rupt,

but now you hit me down...We gaze at eachother

and I plea: "Do not let darkness corrupt..."

My twilight is replaced with hate,

the dirge I reject, and you I want dead.

No more light, end of twilight, but what of dawn?

What of me? Darkness cannot reign, you must fall,

you were my brother, but now I see a hellspawn!

Face me brother, look into my eyes, spawn of gaul!

How I trusted you, and now trust it shattered

your obsession with darkness has taken you;

your magnified strength smites me, and blood splatters,

upon my dead sister and brother..."Let darkness go! I wish I knew

how to trust you again, how to let everything go

so I guess I shall trust the dirge, and believe in you..."

Now, darkness is supreme!

Light, twilight, dawn, swallowed by the magnitude

of intense darkness...Yet, why do I feel

So empty? Pain I feel, at it's highest altitude!

Fall to me, the sky's crimson blood,

kill me! Iwish no longer to live!

Obliterate the darkness, create a flood!

Allow me absolution, do not leave me alive!

Forgive me, brother and sisters, and fall to me, dirge!

So ends that crusade,

the four of you were once close,

and darkness you forbade,

and now Eden's door is closed.

You four are not dead, you sleep

very soundly, and as light rises

in the distance, you all shall keep

your light until the time arises.

The Writer put down his quill and ink, then sighed.

"Chapter one," he presumed.

Chapter 1: Darkness and Starlight

"It has begun."

The crackle of flame. The sheer cold of the night. Within the center, the flame danced and resisted the cold of the night, illuminating the very scarce surroundings. Around the flame, four red-cloaked people, two men and two women, spoke to each other solemnly. Their faces cloaked by the dark, and their mouthes the only thing visible, they feared for what was to come.

"So...Ren Lotus has been selected?" One Woman said, her elderly voice shrill and cold.

"Yes...The Writer has selected him as one of the four main characters of 'The Story'..." The other woman said, her voice also elderly.

"What of the other three? What has happened to Xantez?" One of the men said.

"The other three have been selected as well...And the Writer had given me the illusion of death..."

Xantez materialized from the depths of the darkness, a look of fear upon his face. "Vegnegun, Correnth," Xantez glanced at both men, then bowed his head, "it appears that the Writer has no intention of allowing this story to become a failure."

Correnth objected. "The Writer has made the mistake time and again. When he allows someone to think for themselves, it always leads to corruption and revolution...The last four stories, complete disasters. Each time, getting worse. Don't you see? This used to be a game, with a Game Master and the Writer, where we could decide the fate of man. Lately, the Writer has called the shots, and has allowed four generations, four ages, to have two free-thinkers--"

Xantez interrupted. "But can't you see? 'Twas his plan. In the beginning, us Mahjarrats created the perfect world, with no chaos and destruction. Eden. A paradise. Perfectly imbalanced. So, the Writer created chaos, and the only way to achieve chaos was to create someone--a renegade."

"So, you're telling me that the 'renegades' are the source and power..."

Both of the woman rose, the second continued:

"...The core of each story? And we should allow it?"

"Yes. We Mahjarrats are obsessed with creating a perfect world, a world where there is no chaos or choice. The Writer has changed that over the four ages, and has finally reached the climax: the fifth age. This is indeed the last age. He brought upon chaos, or the free-thinkers, into this world to lead to the last age."

"So this is the end?" Vegnegun replied.

"In a world of darkness and starlight, there is no end. Darkness reaches out, and creates chaos. While we, the Mahjarrats, are the starlight, the Writer our core. After the fifth age, the Writer will have to write anymore...Instead, the world will finally become free. It's the perfect climax, and the perfect end to starlight."

"Are you mad?" Vegenegun retorted. "We must always insure that the world will not fall into complete chaos! We cannot end!"

"No, you fool! We cannot continue! We created Aegis! But that does not mean we must continue nourish it and treat it like an infant! The Writer realized this, and created the renegades for that reason! So that chaos would come immediately, and end immediately. If we were to continue this 'perfection,' then it would slowly fall into chaos itself, and become irreversible!"

The flame raged, and grew more fervent and alive, dancing wildly and madly as Xantez spoke up. Sparks flew into the darkness, each cooling instantaneously . Xantez calmed himself, and continued:

"You must understand the Writer. No world can live without chaos--it was born from the first sin of man, the first Eden...The first world that was trashed by us because perfection created chaos. Have we not learned from our mistakes?"

"We have learned, but we must try to achieve the perfect world, without the threat of chaos materializing!"

"Your ignorance, Correnth, astounds me. Open you eyes, open your ears, and lend them to me; we have controlled this world through the Writer for far too long, and he was forced to achieve chaos through the four renegades of each age. In the fourth age, an oracle had predicted the end of the Mahjarrats, and the apocolypse of Aegis. This apocolypse would in turn create balance with chaos, and create a different starlight: an entire homosapien race of renegades. And imagine. The Writer wrote every bit of this himself. He planned the beginning, and now he wants the end."

Silence reigned. The Mahjarrats each stared into the fire, pondering Xantez's words. Finally, one of the woman had broken the silence, speaking with a raspy voice:

"You're right. The Writer did write these things...Thus, my prophecy be this: Ren Lotus has been selected...And Vincent has been selected as the second renegade, the one who will join Ren on his conquest, whatever it may be...The other two are rendered asleep at the present moment, and will not awaken until They both come to meet. Ren and Vincent will then have to awaken their renegade persona, and thus continue their journey. At the present moment, Ren remembers the past--his past persona, his past life--but he remembers nothing of he being a warrior. Instead, he has reverted back to his first occupation: the assassin. Vincent remembers everything..."

"But Juno! Vincent is not the main character! Why does he--"

"Hold thy tongue, Correnth; Vincent remembers all because he is a representative one of the most powerful of the four chosen lights...Morning Dawn, Potent Light, Faithful Twilight...And Twinfold Darkness..."

"Darkness isn't a light." Vegenegun retorted angrily.

"Do not be ignorant. Darkness is the only time starlight and moonlight can be safely seen. It gives birth to this light when the time comes. Darkness may not be light, but it holds it tightly within it's grasp."

Vegenegun grunted, and grinded his teeth angrily. Smiling, ,Juno continued:

"Vincent remembers all because he holds a terrible power. Sin does not disappear within sinister power, therefore Vincent remembers any acts of sin he committed. On the other hand, Ren holds a sacred light, and thus purges all impurities. As a warrior, he has killed countless for a cause, and killing of any kind cannot be held with light. So it purges it."

"But He's reverting to an assassin state, this makes no sense!" The other woman replied quickly.

"Indeed, Hera. However, some assassins kill for the good of mankind, purging those who are evil. Killing one, preventing genocide. Ren was a particular assassin. Although being a warrior may help a cause, Ren did not fight for an army that was for a good cause."

"He was with the Hallows, who were killing countless beings, creatures, and people because they believed that they harbored evil...All lies..."Xantez spat disgustingly.

"Yes. He was the last surviving member, and the last to make it to Bloodlust Hollows, our frontier. The Writer gave him the power of the Potent Light to free his soul again, to save him from the corruption of darkness...And instead, gave the darkness to Vincent."

"Interesting. So...Light conquers all?" Xantez laughed.

"We shall see. And we shall allow the Writer to continue what he is doing. In the meantime, we must carefully examine the renegades, and test them...The Writer has chosen you, Xantez, to be the 'Fenris'...This is why he spared you. You hold your own cards. You make plot twists within the story, and most importantly, try to defeat the Writers twists and negate his with your own. The rest of us shall seperate into our own sanctums in Aegis. If the prophecy is correct, then that is where our fate is sealed."

Portals opened up around the darkness, each a gateway to everyone's own sanctum.

"Wait," Vegengun quickly asked, "what is our fate?"

Juno laughed. "If you were listening to Xantez, the fall of Starlight, and the beginning of a new one. Each of us Mahjarrats will be killed in our Sanctums."

Chapter 2: Assassin's Reprisal

Fog. Darkness. Torches, dimly lit, walked the streets of the city, lingering slowly and cautiously with each step. Although barely visible, the sky was brightly lit with many variations of stars and constellations, along with groups of millions of stars that brightly shone together. One large moon, centered in-between all of the stars, was the primary light; despite these stars, the fog did not clear, and relentlessly blinded all that walked within it. In the dimly lit darkness people roamed and spoke, each group holding their own torch, or even a single individual holding their own torch. While the civilians spoke amongst themselves, guards roamed with torches as well, heavily armored in a bronze and mithril armor mix, creating a dark bronze color, and their sleeves lined with mithril. Their open-faced helms scarcely revealed their identity, and a single nose covering came down from the top of the helm to protect their foreheads and noses. They protected the longest living kingdom of Aegis, Zion. The first human city of the first age, erected in honor of the Genesis, which survived throughout all of the ages. Nestled within the kingdoms walls of eight-hundred feet of height was a tower, which measured nine-hundred feet exactly. Also within the citadel were six separate districts, each divided and designed for merchants and people alike.

It was like any other night--women gossiping, men admiring women and cracking jokes. But tonight was...Different. The fog finally lifted, and the people expelled their torches, allowing the massive moon Pugna illuminate everything. Even with the fog's evaporation, a chilling wind and cold touch overcame many people. It was that sentence that everyone feared:

"You know that legend?"

"Which do you speak of?"

"When somebody in Aegis dies, a star blinks out..."

"Shut up, you fool!"

"But--"

"There was a time when no one in Aegis was alive except four people! Darkness! Four stars!"

"Well! That's a legend, of course. It doesn't actually...Happen?"

And everyone would silence, awaiting someone to say yes. But no one ever spoke, because no one had ever actually witnessed it.

Of course it happens.

The man thought to himself, as he walked past the group of men, whom were each silent as he walked past. The question, though, drove him to stop in his place. Turning quickly, he looked at the men.

"Did you also know that if murder happened, then the spot where the persons 'star' would leave a red mark? It stays 'till morning, where it joins the red dawn. The bloody dawn, and if mass homicide happened, bloody sunset."

"Are you suggesting that the stars do go away?" One of the men asked, surprised. The man laughed.

"You may not see them go away, because too many exist. One for every man, women, infant, and elder in Aegis. Millions of stars. These stars age as the person, and when the person dies, the star that corresponds with that person explodes. The explosion is too far to see, but it happens--supernovae. Upon this person's death, a new star takes it's place. That is, if it's a natural death."

"And murder?"

The man laughed again. "The star corrodes into nothing, turning into a red fog. It awaits dawn, and joins the rest of the red sky. And, if the murder is extreme, the fog stays in the night with the stars, corroding the murderers stars, breaking them. And, if a mass homicide takes place during the day, then the day shall end with a painted red sky. But such things do not happen often. Murders rarely take place...Unless assassins kill, or bandits rampage...Even the Hollows going into genocide."

The men each laughed a little, each amused by the tale they were told. "What is your name? I don't think I've seen you around. And why garbed in such an outlandish outfit?"

The man was cloaked in white and black robes, with his head concealed by a white hood, so only his lips and nose were shown. He had gauntlets on, and a light mithril chain mail under his garb. Amused, he retorted: "My name is of no importance. However, I'm in search of someone--and I need their name and location."

The other men smiled, and one shrugged. "Who are you looking for, exactly?"

"Joshua Vetraze."

"The men all roared in laughter. "The king's son? Well, he should be in the palace? You know, the tower in the center?"

"I checked. He was not there. And I do not take this meeting as a joke; my master has sent me to do business with he and the royal family. I have the ebony ceremonial blade for--"

"You?" One of the guards interrupted, and walked over to the man, continuing: "Pardon me--I cannot disclose the location of the royal family to anyone, but we have been expecting you. I cannot escort you, but go through the Eastern gates and to the Inn of Vetraze. He awaits you there."

The man bowed his head a little, and walked towards the gate. When you gain trust through speech, you can get anywhere...

"I am here to deliver the ceremonial blade to Joshua Vetraze, ma'am."

The man showed the blade to the women, finely crafted and plated with a thin lining of gold. "Yes, he is expecting you on the top floor. The third room, sir."

The man bowed his head again, and sowly made his way up. Step after step, he contimplated what he should say. What steps he should take. He could not screw up...Each though made the trip faster, and like a blink of an eye, he arrived at the room which housed Joshua. He grinned, and knocked. Within the first few seconds after knocking, a man appeared at the door--garbed in royal red silk clothing, he sighed with relief. "You've arrived."

The young man exited the room, closing the door behind him. "I've waited many hours for you. Where is the blade?"

The man took out the ebony blade, presenting it to Joshua with grace and speed. Amused by the swordplay, he examined the blade closer, and sheathed it swiftly. "My father...His death was a shameful one...Now, I am to be corinated, but am nervous to do so. His death was by murderous hands...An assassin switched his cup of wine with that of a poison..."

"Your father was a great king. His assassination will be written in history with gold ink...And his murderers written with their own blood. But remember, you are the new king of this kingdom, and you shall rule as your fathers reflection. You have promised this, no?"

Joshua jumped, a tad horrified from the comment. "I...I have spoken that to myself, not to anyone else? How can you know--"

The man drew closer to Joshua. Smiling, he replied: "Lucky guess, I presume."

"Luck is rubbish. Only skill, knowledge and power exist..."

"I contradict your statement. Surviving death by a thread does not measure your skill with anything. It does not measure our knowledge. And your power...Not quite. Power, like strength, does not play a role. Surviving a death by a brutal stabbing...Is luck."

"Nevertheless, I don't believe." Joshua turned towards his room. "Good night, sir."

"Unfortunately, we've run out of time. No, pardon me, you've run out of time. I would give you a chance to experience some luck, but your death must come now."

Joshua turned in horror, dropping the blade. The man, his mouth closed and emotionless, drew a small dagger and slashed Joshua across the chest, smashing him hard into the wall. He slumped, and breathing hard, found the strength to say, "P-P-Please...What of the royal family?"

The assassin drew closer. "What of it?" Ascending, he delivered one terribly strong slash, and Joshua fell to the ground, motionless and dead.

The assassin withdrew the blade. The deed was done. Suddenly, he heard clapping above, and a man descended from the void of the ceiling. Garbed in all black. An assassin of some sort. "Brilliant! He did not expect that...You took out my target before I could! And the killing was amusing, therefore...I'll spare you."

"Spare me, then? So you were going to kill me?"

"Can't have witnesses. Didn't know you were a fellow assassin. Here." The man pulled out a small sack of gold, throwing it at the assassin. "Your reprisal. My token of thanks for killing him. Spend it well."

Spend it well? "I'll be sure to have my blades sharpened. At any rate, I shall check--"

"The sky?"

The man looked at the assassin, scowling. "You've been watching me?"

"Like you've been watching the Prince. Tell me, what is it you were planning to do after you killed him? Were you going to kill the people within this inn, to prove that the morning will yield a bloody dawn? You're a fool. In the assassins code, you are not supposed to tell anyone of what the sky does. The secrets that it holds. Another reason to kill you...But you aren't my latest target, and I respect you for killing that insolent scumbag over in the corner."

The assassin gazed at the overturned body of the dead prince, and grimly smiled. "If you'll excuse me, my thirst for blood calls me to my latest task."

The assassin turned to leave, but the man spoke up. "Get over here, scum."

The assassin was angered, not amused at all. "Me? Scum?"

"Yes. Even you know that dwelling within the assassins code is to respect those you have killed. Only disrespect can be given to the assassinated clan of Hollows. Also within the code, you cannot think ill of another assassins target...You are to leave it alone, and worry about your own. You gravely disrespected him. So don't speak of the code to me, when your insolence is just as grave."

"Ha! Listen up. He was my target as well, and therefore I can speak ill of him if I want--"

"His blood is on my hands. Not yours."

Irritated, the assassin spoke up. "You speak of me being scum? But What about you? You kill too. Us assassins are all scum. We're brothers, lingering in the shadows, killing those who deserve death. His blood, theoretically, is on all of the assassins hands--"

"Silence," the man exclaimed, "you appear, say you'll spare me, and give me a little retribution? You should be kissing my feet and giving me all of your gold. You should be begging for your life to be spared. Dishonoring the code is something I do not take lightly."

Irritated, the man drew his blade. "To hell with the code!" He scowled, and raised his voice, breathing heavy. "I was going to spare you. Not anymore. Tell me, what is your name? Tell me, so I can tell every assassin how idiotic you are!"

The man took a couple of steps closer, and smiled. "Ren Lotus."

"Well then, Ren. Hold still...For even if you tried to dodge, you would fail miserably..."

The assassin swiftly moved forward, raising his curved crescent blade to his upper torso, and swung it madly at the Ren. Each blow useless, as Ren dodged the swings with ease. Within ten seconds, Ren jumped out of the fray, landing behind the assassin. Drawing the dagger he used to kill the prince, Rem vertically swung the small blade with great speed, cutting the assassins back. Angry, the assassin swung the crescent blade at Ren, who parried and locked the blades in place. "This was barely a fight." Ren scowled, and threw the assassin into the wall. "Here's your reprisal."

Swiftly, Ren parry rolled behind the assassin, and stabbed his fist into the back of the assassin, who screamed in pain, dropping his sword. Slowly, he fell, and Ren withdrew his wrist-blade, wiping the blood from from the long silver blade. He grinned. "Sleep well."

"What was that scream? Those crashes?"

Ren glanced left and right, and his heart rate increased ten fold. They heard the scream--and there are limited exits. He searched for alternatives, and finally examined the window at the top--a small fit, but he knew that's where the other assassin got through. Quickly, he ran up the wall where Joshua lay, pushing himself off the wall and grabbing hold of one of the beams above. Arising slowly, he balanced himself and slowly walked towards the window, finally climbing out when the people came.

"No! The King!..."

"Look! An assassin...The coward must have committed suicide!"

"Impossible! The gas on his back...Someone must have avenged him..."

Vengeance. Reprisal. Luck. What strange conversations...Nevertheless, I must wait until twilight come tomorrow.

The assassin jumped onto the nearby rooftop, and began running towards the Temple.

Everyone in Zion gathered. Thousands upon thousands, gathering to watch Joshua's body be placed inside inside the tomb. Ren, keeping a close eye on the ceremony, occasionally listened in on the gossips.

"That man...The one who delivered the blade...He wasn't found...He must have killed the emperor and assassin...That blasted fool we spoke to!"

"What will Zion do...What will Aegis do? The five kingdoms must have balance! Without an heir...The balance will be..."

In listening to the gossiping, he would progress further, and it would pass the time--finally, the body was placed in the tomb. The undertakers ascended from the chambers of the tomb, and everyone bowed their heads in reverence. Ren saw the time as right, and jumped to the last building, taking his short sword out and jumping towards the citadel wall, sliding down with the blade against the wall. Upon reaching the bottom, he examined the tomb closely, and found the hole he was charged to go through.

Within, the scent of flesh did not exist--the dimly lit passages concealed the bodies of the dead royal family members, whom who rapped up inside their sarcophogae, to prevent the scent of flesh. The further he descended, the more frightening this mission was, as the moisture and chilling air breezed onto his skin.

There you are.

Joshua was peacefully laying on top of a cement death bed, holding the ebony ceremonial blade, and awaited wrapping and burial. Slowly, Ren walked up to the body, and bowed his head. He then slowly reached into his robe, pulling out a vial of blue liquid. He opened the princes mouth, pouring it down his throat. Ren then stepped back, and waited, and smiled, as Joshua took a deep breath, and opened his eyes.

"Ren?"

"Indeed, Joshua. But there is no time to talk. I must escort you out of Zion and bring you to Sintra mountain. You're till in grave danger of assassins. And, if we do not depart immediately, then they will not waste their time hunting you."

"Who won't?"

"The Grieaper cult. There was an assassin there when I hit you with the false assassin blade...And if we don't leave at this given moment, they won't continue to look for you."

"Then why did we do this?"

Ren looked deeply into Joshua's eyes, and with a serious look, said: "They won't continue to look for you. Instead, they'll eradicate Zion, thus eradicating you as well."

Remember, C/C is ALWAYS WELCOME. Be the cruelest you can possibly be (including you, bluejay...And Xewleehr...).

I'm never cruel for anything other than Video Games :thumbup:

So if this became a hit video game, you'd criticize it?

*Contacts Sony*

Remember, C/C is ALWAYS WELCOME. Be the cruelest you can possibly be (including you, bluejay...And Xewleehr...).

I'm never cruel for anything other than Video Games :thumbup:

So if this became a hit video game, you'd criticize it?

*Contacts Sony*

Nintendo = Noob creators of Super Mario. (-10 Points for Wii online)

Sony = Noobs (-5 Points)

Microsoft = Free-Loading Noobs (-1 Points For holding Halo Copyright)

Infinity Ward = Not Noobs (Call of Duty 4 +10 Points!)

Bungie = Not Noobs (Halo 3 + Halo Bible = +50 Points... I mean really. A Video Game BIBLE!)

Nintendo = Noob creators of Super Mario. (-10 Points for Wii online)

Sony = Noobs (-5 Points)

Microsoft = Free-Loading Noobs (-1 Points For holding Halo Copyright)

Infinity Ward = Not Noobs (Call of Duty 4 +10 Points!)

Bungie = Not Noobs (Halo 3 + Halo Bible = +50 Points... I mean really. A Video Game BIBLE!)

Don't forget Bethsheda software. And you call me a noob!!1

Besides, I was contacting Sony to make me a crappy game, most people would get that...Anyway, it all depends on your preference. I hate Halo. I'm not obsessed with CoD4. I hat Microsoft. Love some Sony games. Love the Wii.

Anyway, can we make this on topic again? Ya...That would be nice lol.

I really like the story, especially the plot idea. Please continue, this has incredible potential.]

so far:9/10 for the confusing dawn/dark/light/twilight stuff I still don't get, despite being in all your stories.

Also, I happen to like my Gamecube and Ps2 very much.

Playing Odin Sphere right now. IT"S SO GOOD!!!! (part of the reason why I'm not here too often, the other is studying for A+ cert, even though I know 50% of the material, I need an 80 at least.)

Odin Sphere is becoming rare, so if you see it, buy it! Just for collection purposes at least... It has

1. Awesome, developed convoluted story lines

2. Unique, 2-d graphics with more detail than even most modern games for next-gen machines.

3. Incredible and moving orchestral sound track

4. Characters that are truly complex, unlike other series (no offense, but Master Chief may be cool, but he's a little wooden)

5. Great battle system that is very fun just to PLAY.

AND SO MUCH MORE!!! YES!

pre2asoldierofthekingce8.png

I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!

It's Xewleer: ZEW le ar, got it memorized?

Hermit of the Varrock Library and its proud guard.

I really like the story, especially the plot idea. Please continue, this has incredible potential.]

so far:9/10 for the confusing dawn/dark/light/twilight stuff I still don't get, despite being in all your stories.

Playing Odin Sphere right now. IT"S SO GOOD!!!! (part of the reason why I'm not here too often, the other is studying for A+ cert, even though I know 50% of the material, I need an 80 at least.)

Odin Sphere is becoming rare, so if you see it, buy it! Just for collection purposes at least... It has

2. Unique, 2-d graphics with more detail than even most modern games for next-gen machines.

4. Characters that are truly complex, unlike other series (no offense, but Master Chief may be cool, but he's a little wooden)

AND SO MUCH MORE!!! YES!

Thats because...If you understood them, I'd have to kill you...O.o

Thanks though. I'll try to work on it, but I'm hooked to the Elder Scrolls: Oblivion...Again.

And I agree, Odin Sphere was amazing.

AND SO MUCH MORE!!! YES!

And there goes the on-topicness again :lol:

You know, the only gane I like on the gamecube is Pikmen. Watching the small red and blue and yellow guys was so funny to watch run around, and fight stuff. 10 points on scale of Funniness (of 100).

Have you tried Mass Effect, or seen any videos for that. That is a great Xbox game. The characters have a great background, and there are many subplots to complete, including a ro mance subplot (I mean, what game out there has romance that YOU (the player) can decide if it will happen.

Now, unless Ratchet posts in here, lets get back on topic :!: :!: :!:

• 2 weeks later...

1st chapter is up :) I'll put up the others tomorrow, hopefully. My mum was on here for ages, so I don't have time for more. :D

Ah, Sephiroth King, your writing is impeccable. Please continue, you have me fully in your grasp.

At your service, sir. :D

I'm trying to post more, but whenever I do my parents need to go on, or we have to go to the beach. But I'm glad you're enjoying it...Despite some typo's I made (I was typing late and wasn't focused completely...). I'll fix 'em ASAP.

As for bluejay, again, I've been going to the beach hanging out with my friends. I'd love to post more, this has been my favorite story to write, but...You know, my parent call the shot and say we go to the beach.

Ergo, I won't be here tomorrow, maybe Saturday night, and definately coming home Sunday so I can post like crazy. Until then, have a good weekend and please be patient. :P

Ah, Sephiroth King, your writing is impeccable. Please continue, you have me fully in your grasp.

At your service, sir. :D

I'm trying to post more, but whenever I do my parents need to go on, or we have to go to the beach. But I'm glad you're enjoying it...Despite some typo's I made (I was typing late and wasn't focused completely...). I'll fix 'em ASAP.

As for bluejay, again, I've been going to the beach hanging out with my friends. I'd love to post more, this has been my favorite story to write, but...You know, my parent call the shot and say we go to the beach.

Ergo, I won't be here tomorrow, maybe Saturday night, and definately coming home Sunday so I can post like crazy. Until then, have a good weekend and please be patient. :P

*Becomes Patient*

*Gets bored*

*Goes to bed*

*Wakes up*

*Checks forums*

*Loses patience*

*Gets angry*

*Goes and plays Mass Effect and beats it again*

There, I just said the whole day tomorrow and tonight.

Great! Chapter 2 is up, rather late I must add. I was at my good friends birthday party today, so thats all I got. Enjoy it, I'll post the other one's I want to post tomorrow.

Sephy! Why? Height! Not Hight! Please check your spelling!

Intriguing. Though the fight with the assassins is a little confusing. Please mess with it a little.

Personally, I believe in order, evil or not, but only evil to a certain point. You know what I mean?

Sephy! Why? Height! Not Hight! Please check your spelling!

Intriguing. Though the fight with the assassins is a little confusing. Please mess with it a little.

Personally, I believe in order, evil or not, but only evil to a certain point. You know what I mean?

Hey, it was eleven at night here! GET OFF MY BACK!!!

(I shortened the actual assassin scene, the conversation was supposed to continue and the fight longer...Again, too tired)

Yup, I'll fix it ASAP. I'm having too much fun with RS HD though.

But I agree...Evil can't completely take over, lest corruption will be spread. If that happens, then everyone is corrupt. Then order falls.

I guess we'll have to see what else comes...Heh...I've found a lot of typos. I'll fix 'em...

Glad you're enjoying yourself.

My favorite kind of evil. I have a feeling Garland (After he got over his 'impophobia' [by being convinced there was no such thing as forest imps no less]) has become a magnificent villain, albeit that he is the second nicest character for some reason.

lettuceandmutinybt6.png

I wish to be like that some day...