A child of the 90's, this is what shaped my world.(few pics)

jessy87

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a favorite of mine to watch. About a half hour of cartoon intro's from the 90's. Set away some time to watch it - it's a good trip down memory lane.

QmcKGcKW76M

edit: not showing up for me. Am I doing something wrong?

fixed \'

2nv5bvl.png
99 Firemaking 30-5-2010 | 99 Fletching 13-7-2014
TET-AU member:6-10-2010 - 21-10-2011

Born in 93 so I was pretty young when these shows were aired. But I still remember loving some of them:

[hide=My fave classics]tom-and-jerry-blog-size.jpg

wdw59hzqsd7yd4gys8oq.jpg

cast.jpg

ddare2k_logo.gif

5217.jpg

Scooby%20Doo%20Lunch%20Napkins%20-%202%20Ply%20(Pack%20of%2016).jpg[/hide]

There are a whole bunch more but I can't think of their titles. One was with a bunch of international cartoon teens tea ching about earth pollution. another was about superhero dogs.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Ah, Blue's Clues, favorite show when I was little...

I'm younger than most of you so some of these things are unfamiliar to me. However, things like Thomas the Tank Engine bring back memories...

doublesmileyface1.png

Cenin pân nîd, istan pân nîd, dan nin ú-cenich, nin ú-istach.

Ithil luin eria vi menel caran...Tîn dan delu.

Also, feel free to tell what toy/game/tv show was your favorite

I was born in 1986 - 22+ years ago.

My favourite toy was a "baby born" funnily enough. I was learning to take care of babies while I was practically still one lol I would use all my pocket money to buy real baby clothes for it.

My favourite game was "trouble" yeah .. how high tech was that game ;) a dice in a bubble dome and also a giant snakes and ladders mat a few metres wide.

My favourite tv shows were Babar the elephant, mr squiggle, power rangers, captain planet and widget the world watcher.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Wow, this makes me feel a bit old ^_^

Was born in 1984.. almost 24 years ago.

I remember the Baby Born, but I liked my Cabbage Patch Kid better ^_^ I think it was a Christmas gift from one of my uncles when I was like 6. And I don't mean those cheap wannabe CBK either. I mean the real smells-like-baby-powder-and-you-send-in-adoption-papers CBK.

Am I the only weird one here who remembers Pogs? I used to collect them when I was a kid.

Haha I had a cabbage patch doll but I don't remember it much. I remember pogs but tazos and marbles were the latest craze in my school. It must be those couple of years difference :P

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

ah pogs. My teacher told me a story about a craze that used to be in our school over pogs over a decade ago. Then people started losing em, getting "ripped off" in trades and crying to their teachers, etc and eventually they were banned lol. Then the pokemon era began when I began school and the same thing happened. Then yugioh which was later banned as well. I'm surprised my teachers didn't learn just to ban anything tradeable instead of individually banning them every 5 years ::'

I loved playing goldeneye with my friend. she was a girl, almost a teenager and I was a little boy not more than 7. Surprising to think she actually loved videogames, let alone loved playing with a kid several years younger than her who got excided when he blasted holes in a wall.

[hide=]

tip it would pay me $500.00 to keep my clothes ON :( :lol:
But then again, you fail to realize that 101% of the people in this universe hate you. Yes, humankind's hatred against you goes beyond mathematical possibilities.
That tears it. I'm starting an animal rebellion using my mind powers. Those PETA bastards will never see it coming until the porcupines are half way up their asses.
[/hide]

montageo.png

Apparently a lot of people say it. I own.

http://linkagg.com/ Not my site, but a simple, budding site that links often unheard-of websites that are amazing for usefulness and fun.

Ha, I went through like 5 big wheels when I was little. I was always the kind of kid that spent all day outside but when I did watch t.v., I always liked Doug and Hey Arnold. My favorite toys were cap guns and I would always pretend to be a cowboy or soldier. \'

My favourite game was "trouble" yeah .. how high tech was that game ;) a dice in a bubble dome and also a giant snakes and ladders mat a few metres wide.

You mean this game, excuse the cobwebs. ;)

dsc00043smallxt4.th.png

Wow, this makes me feel a bit old ^_^

Was born in 1984.. almost 24 years ago.

Am I the only weird one here who remembers Pogs? I used to collect them when I was a kid.

Yeah I remember pogs, collected them to, and played alot, I was the best with my metal limited edition poisen pirate slammer. ;) Haha.

Other crazes that went through my primary was yo-yos (real flash ones, haha), chatter rings, pogs (we called them caps), Koosh balls. We even had this awesome wooden car track that went down this big hill at school, four lanes, twisted around each other. And at the bottom there was a concrete drain, I lost so many cars down there. :(

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

Pogs were such a scam when I think back. There were so many different varieties and of course, you had to have them all. Then there were the "limited edition" ones that everyone wanted. All that collectible stuff was addictive. Stuff like pogs was like crack for kids.

The Panini sticker books were just as addictive as pogs. I don't know if these went outside Scotland but I'm sure every nation has an equivalent. It was a sticker book you would buy and it would have all of the football league's and players in it and you had to buy packets of stickers to fill it. Of course, you'd be left needing about 2 or 3 stickers and end up buying 10 or 20 packs of stickers just trying to get the ones you needed. For some reason a couple of players would be rare stickers and somebody would get lucky and get one spare and end up trading it for a giant wedge of stickers. I don't think I ever filled an entire book but I reckon over the years I spent 100's of pounds on those stickers.

Other than that I just remember classic Saturday morning tv. A time when you could just wake up and stick on Captain Planet or Sharky & George before going out and then watching Beadles about or playing Streets of Rages on the Sega Megadrive (Genesis). Great memories lol.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

hearing about pogs reminded me of another game: they were little pieces of plastic that you put upright and you flick them at your opponents pieces of plastic, and whoever lasted longer won. Dang I loved those things even though they hurt like a [bleep] to flick

goosebumps.jpg

You're all forgetting Goosebumps! Haha, I loved those books, started to read them when I was about six I think. They were what got me into reading (although I haven't read a book for over a year now, never find the time). I remember staying up late one night reading them, and it got me so [cabbage] scared I slammed the book shut and threw it under my bed, and it stayed under there for weeks until I picked it up again. :oops:

ledzeppelin1jl6.jpg

I don't have too many memories from the 90s except for the Nickelodeon TV shows. Those were just great, I loved Doug and Hey Arnold. The shows now just do not compare. And to the poster above me, thanks for rem8nding me about Goosebumps :D. I read so many of those darn books...

[hide=]http://www.garryrobbins.com/goosebumps.jpg[/hide]

You're all forgetting Goosebumps! Haha, I loved those books, started to read them when I was about six I think. They were what got me into reading (although I haven't read a book for over a year now, never find the time). I remember staying up late one night reading them, and it got me so [cabbage] scared I slammed the book shut and threw it under my bed, and it stayed under there for weeks until I picked it up again. :oops:

#-o I couldn't remember the name so I left it. They weren't great books now when I think back but I did read a couple of them. It also reminds me of the tv show "Are you afraid of the Dark?" Now THAT was classic television.

wild_bunch.gif

He who learns must suffer, and, even in our sleep, pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart,

and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.

- Aeschylus (525 BC - 456 BC)

OMG! Ren & Stimpy!

What rolls down stairs alone or in pairs

Rolls over your neighbor's dog?

What's great for a snack and fits on your back?

It's Log, Log, Log!

It's Log, Log, it's big, it's heavy, it's wood.

It's Log, Log, it's better than bad, it's good!

Everyone wants a log! You're gonna love it, Log!

Come on and get your log! Everyone needs a Log!

I don't remember what I had for dinner last night, but I can recite the entire opening theme to Fresh Prince of Bel Air.

Nickelodeon was great back then.

hopesolopatriot.jpg

Other crazes that went through my primary was yo-yos (real flash ones, haha), chatter rings, pogs (we called them caps), Koosh balls.

Yeah man, my school went through a Pogs / yo-yo phase as well. Also got to participate in that whole pokemon cards phase.

Why is it that all the trendy phases were so damn expensive? :lol: I remember having a tons of Pogs, yo-yo's and pokemon cards..wonder where they all are -- hah.

And goosebumps was a good book series as well, I enjoyed them. :P There was another book series too, about those kids that could turn into animals -- I loved those when I was in like 5th/6th grade. I forget what its called though. :wall:

It also reminds me of the tv show "Are you afraid of the Dark?" Now THAT was classic television.

^ This too. :P