~=The Agility Arena=~

Distracted

Just another thing that you might want to add:

Upon the completion of the quest Rocking Out, you gain free entrance to the Agility Arena, so you no longer have to pay the 200gp fee for entering and leaving. Personally, I fill up with 28 cakes and just eat one of them before I tag the second pillar in a row. This way I can stay "one cake longer" at the arena. However, you could also just leave one open space in your inventory for ticket collecting and fill up with agility potions/food in 27 slots :)

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just another thing that you might want to add:

Upon the completion of the quest Rocking Out, you gain free entrance to the Agility Arena, so you no longer have to pay the 200gp fee for entering and leaving. Personally, I fill up with 28 cakes and just eat one of them before I tag the second pillar in a row. This way I can stay "one cake longer" at the arena. However, you could also just leave one open space in your inventory for ticket collecting and fill up with agility potions/food in 27 slots :)

Hmm, thanks added that.

Tecnically, 27 Baskets of Strawberries (5) are better food than 27 Cakes. A full Basket of Strawberries heals 25hp, which is 13hp more than a cake. You get 675hp with 27 Baskets of Strawberries, and 324hp with 27 Cakes. Not only this, but they weigh less too, totaling 4.59kgs, not 8.1kg. Anyway, it's a suggestion for you. They're hardly expensive either, or you could farm them yourself (although I do admit, this is probably a bit slower than theiving the Cakes).

Anyway, this is a good, informative guide. It was nice to see plenty of screenshots too. Nice one.

Tecnically, 27 Baskets of Strawberries (5) are better food than 27 Cakes. A full Basket of Strawberries heals 25hp, which is 13hp more than a cake. You get 675hp with 27 Baskets of Strawberries, and 324hp with 27 Cakes. Not only this, but they weigh less too, totaling 4.59kgs, not 8.1kg. Anyway, it's a suggestion for you. They're hardly expensive either, or you could farm them yourself (although I do admit, this is probably a bit slower than theiving the Cakes).

Anyway, this is a good, informative guide. It was nice to see plenty of screenshots too. Nice one.

Baskets of strawberries vs cake...

Well, I'll start off with this quote from a skiller who's going for 99 agility:

Strawberries have right-click options to remove 1, or to empty (remove 5). Just noticed that they aren't a good food for lower levels, they only heal me 1.. so I guess it's a percentage of some sort of your total hp, because people with higher hp get healed more by them. So kind-of nvm.

So yeah, I'm not sure how much they heal, but according to some tip.it it heals 4-6, and someone I know tested it and told me it heals 6...

I'll include them in the guide.

Ok one more thing :P

It would be helpful if you could put the time it takes to complete each obstacle into this guide. You could either give each obstacle a "timing rating" or you could just put down how many seconds or tenths of a second it takes to complete the obstacle. For the blade's time, if I were you I would put down the amount of time it takes to run over the blades, and then separately put down the amount of time that the blade spins (as you would have to wait for the blade to spin if you took this obstacle). Just an idea!

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

Magib1.png

Ok one more thing :P

It would be helpful if you could put the time it takes to complete each obstacle into this guide. You could either give each obstacle a "timing rating" or you could just put down how many seconds or tenths of a second it takes to complete the obstacle. For the blade's time, if I were you I would put down the amount of time it takes to run over the blades, and then separately put down the amount of time that the blade spins (as you would have to wait for the blade to spin if you took this obstacle). Just an idea!

That's a crazy idea o.O

First of all, it would take me ages to calculate how long each one takes, and the reliability rating should be enough to do last-minute decisions. They don't take ages to complete, and they all take about the same time, so I don't see the point in this.

I won't include this, but thanks for the suggestion.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

You should add approx. tickets per hour and maybe how much side xp you get on average from the obstacles per ticket, or per 100, 1000, etc. The latter idea may be difficult without extensive runs, but even a rough estimate would be nice.

ShadowSam19.png

You should add approx. tickets per hour and maybe how much side xp you get on average from the obstacles per ticket, or per 100, 1000, etc. The latter idea may be difficult without extensive runs, but even a rough estimate would be nice.

Hmm, wow.

Let's start with your first suggestion... Well, the thing is, I can't really tell you how many tickets you get per hour, but what I can do is tell you how frequently the spot changes, which I think is 1 minute (I'll check that, I'm going there soon anyway). The thing is, if you miss a pillar, you need to tag 2 to get 1 ticket. Which will make such an estimate hard to make. I CAN give you a maximum amount per hour, and maybe I'll be able to know more from that number.

The second suggestion however... Is amazingly hard to figure out. You never know where the next pillar will be, and you never know what kind of obstacles (if any), you'll use to get there. I remember once having 3 tickets very easily, because there was always just 1 obstacle between the last pillar and the next one. I also remember missing about 4 in a row because they always appeared somewhere on the other side of the arena.

In other words, I'll give the first idea a try, and I'll work on it, but the second idea'll be too hard.

And, I think tip.it has a calc where you put in your route and it'll tell you how much xp it'll give you.

Another little thing. It takes about 14 hours of straight training to get a pirate hook. They cost about 1.3m. 1.3m divided by 14 hours equals about 92k. If you make more than 92k cash per hour then you should not buy the pirates hook with your tickets.

]

Say you get 60 tickets in one hour. You exchange these in with karamja gloves you will get 17,028xp so you can safely say the average xp is ~20k xp in an hour give or take. Thats pretty bad. :P

That statement is mostly true, but what you didn't include is the fact that you get experience while getting the tickets. I leveled from level 53-59 getting about 750 tickets.

The Agility Arena might not have the best experience on RS, but it's way less monotonous(sp) then normal Agility training, and it's a nice break from normal agility training.

Nice guide! I've been looking for one of these for ages. :thumbsup:

hot_lips255.png

Signature your in it put backwards this read to enough smart were you if.

Did you know that 78.45% of statistics are made up on the spot?

hot_lips255.png

[Removed - Site sends spam and requires personal information to recieve results] Bluelancer

• 2 weeks later...
F000000000000000000L

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR! :P

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!! :o

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

• 3 weeks later...
F000000000000000000L

PUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUR! :P

FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!! :o

This is starting to become spammy =/

:twss: so :P? :twss:

wher r ur [bleep] ill e t cape

2egffxf.png

[hide]

Felix, je moeder.

Je moeder felix

Je vader, felix.

Felix, je oma.

Felix, je ongelofelijk gave pwnaze avatar B)

Felix, je moeder.

[/hide]

• 1 month later...

Good guide, but the most important thing is missing: The xp/hr. How much is it if you exchange 100 tickets, how much if you exchange a thousand, how much with the gloves bonus and how much if you don't use the tickets at all.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.