The Real Life Factor

Dbzruler72

Real Life

I don't know why RL>RS is even needed to be said.

If anyone even THINKS of skipping work for a game, then they are addicted. I have never even thought about it. So its a major clan war. Who cares if you win. Get some pixel fame.

Owned_Nex.png

Dungeoneering isn't a skill.

I'm faster than bots at Sorceress Garden.

PM me if you want to chat. My PM is always off.

My keyboard is on fire. Want some?

Personally, I believe that RL > RS. As fun as RS is, it's just a game, and not a substitute for anything real. I believe you still should get out often, and have fun (or get done things that need doing). I go golfing quite often, and do all my work on time, and in the time i still have free, I (generally) play RS.

ae84735921.png

Porsche: It's supposed to go in the rear.

depends on the situation... When given a choice between hanging out with real life friends and runescape friends, I'd usually pick real life. But I don't get that choice a lot because I'm homeschooled. I like my offline and online friends, but if a friend called me to see if I could come over at the time of a big clan war... I'd probably stay at home and play runescape! \' (so what i have no life lol.)

ps i dont have a job so err i wouldn't know about that part. but if i did have a job it probably wouldn't call me in the middle of the day and tell me get to work now cause there's an emergency!(I'm 13)

siggy_abstract2.jpg

Basically what everyone else has already said. RL first in most cases. And as such, you should have someone trusted to take your place in emergencies...

melos2_zpsjnpxw8yx.jpg
"To do all that one is able to do, is to be a man; to do all that one would like to do, is to be a god." - Napoleon I

Theres no such thing as real life only AFK... :P

Rl > RS is true RS is a game without real life it wouldn't exist :^o

Proud Warlord of Dragonwood

If it's natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how? ~ Joan Baez

Rest in Peace 3xtermination

Tipitsignature.gif

I don't see how anyone could possibly put Runescape over Real Life. Now if you have an important event and a friend just randomly calls you up seeing if you want to hang out, then I could see you telling him to wait just a bit. Simply because it's no different than if you were doing some other thing you really enjoyed and just wanted your mate to wait a bit on you.

However for anything even slightly important how on earth can you put Runescape of Real Life. I just don't even know where to begin. I suppose it's simply a case of some people having their orders way out of whack. Kind of like that overworking business man who puts his work before his kids.

Hosan.png

well I have no job{i'm underaged} but if my friend asked me if I wanted to hang out and there was a big clan war, I'd tell him something like this: ok why not let's meet at the park in 30 min. which would be enough time to finish and win the war \'

Don't read this if you are reading this you should stop reading this or you will be sorry that you read this and wasted your time and then you will find out how dumb you are for reading this and how you shouldn't read long posts that seem annoying and also those who tell you not to read it or you will be sorry that you read this and wasted your time and then you will find out how dumb you are for reading this and how you shouldn't read long posts that seem annoying!

Go for the real life emergency. It's alot easier to get into a clan than get another job, most clan members would understand anyway (I hope)

S_I_G.jpg

Those with a little bit of knowledge are more dangerous than those with none.

In a real life emergency like the example given I would most definitely put real life first. I think in other less important issues I would also put my real life first since I value it a lot higher than my Runescape life. On the other hand, there is a line when a Runescape event would come first, but it is pretty low.

i think thats a pretty good outlook - i mean we play runescape to escape real life - so at some point we're bound to put it first

Try asking someone who isn't an ultimate geek the same question and see what he says.

Personaly I still can't belive you chose such an idiotic example...

It's idiotic to you because that's how you think. As you said, an ultimate geek (however you may title someone that), will think differently & be on the other end of the rope, thinking a game is life, therefore spending the majority of his or her time playing it--or should I say, living it.
In a real life emergency like the example given I would most definitely put real life first. I think in other less important issues I would also put my real life first since I value it a lot higher than my Runescape life. On the other hand, there is a line when a Runescape event would come first, but it is pretty low.

i think thats a pretty good outlook - i mean we play runescape to escape real life - so at some point we're bound to put it first

I remember the news item on the RuneScape news talking about people in third-world countries working in sweat shops to play RuneScape for hardly any money. That's a completely different situation, even though it's extreme & exotic, yet it still fits in.

While others play to relieve stress, some don't. For example, some clan leaders & devoted clan members are active in-game because they see it as their "job." Most parents would laugh at that.

*-P.K.M-* Website

Dbzruler72.jpeg

mostorganized2.jpg

depends for me.. if it was my day of and the boss would call me to come i would probably say i've got other plans... because basicly.. there is no other way in my eyes you could play during *worktime*.

and the for the chance of losing your job.. i live in holland and its not so easy to fire some one like that. so yeah..

depends... im not taking runescape as a subject now but something else, i play baseball in real life.. but i also have a baseball game on the computer.. so if i would be playing that game and i would get a call from a friend.. to play some ball... i would go to the friend, would my boss be calling on my day off.. i would say no i am busy at the moment.

Well it is pretty simple but since im a student and dont really work i usually get really pumped for events and i usually tell everybody in real life who knows i play runescape about it so they rarely bother me during that period. If something did pop up i would tell the clan leader that it is a real life issue. If they didnt understand then the clan is not worth staying with if they dont understand the importance of real life.

knight95007.png

If I was a leader of a major clan, I would head to my job without hesitation. I would have faith in my staff and members because they wouldnt be there without being the best.

That being said, its normally real life over RuneScape, unless its in the most extreme of circumstances. An online game is not worth alienating people you know and care about. OR a job.

RuneScape junkie since 3/03.

RED CHIN TRAINING DEVALUES THE RANGED CAPE!