Addictions

megakiller32

Can't say I've ever really been addicted to anything, but I was pretty hooked on RS a few years ago. I wasn't addicted to it per se, but I liked the interaction that came with MMO's and I played it whenever I had time to kill.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, nothing. I don't do any drugs and I can go to parties without drinking if needed. Video games are things that I can go without, but would be bored without (No MMORPGs and becoming more and more casual with my gaming), same goes for my anime/manga love. Yes, I can go for as long as I want without the internet (although for practical purposes it would be tricky).

The only "urge" that I have really is jerking off, but that isn't very frequent and I often give myself endurance challenges to see how long I can go without it.

What I do find I have instead of addictions is "phases". At one point I'll be totally into something, say right now it would be metal gear solid series (doesn't take a genius to figure out why ;) ). Then I'll grow bored and move onto something else. This goes for more than just video games, variable in length, and varies according to context (like, I'll drop my MGS fixation when I go to the states without any MGS games to satisfy my needs, but it will come back later on).

endurance high-five! ::'

I don't know if I was addicted to runescape when I used to play it, but I was always thinking about it and strategizing my time budget so I could play more runescape.

I'm addicted to coffee, but not caffeine. You know, I think they make coffee scented shirts. Hmmm...

I'm probably addicted to caffeine. The smell of coffee is awesome too.

My vice is iced coffee. The need to get a hit is slowly rising... at first it was one coffee and three sugars. I then knocked the sugars down to two then one, and the coffees have now creeped up to four. :shock:

This is all in a large cup, by the way. Not a regular coffee cup. I think I should limit it to four coffees and one sugar, max. Three of those a day is 12 coffees, which probably isn't healthy.

I'm addicted to coffee, but not caffeine. You know, I think they make coffee scented shirts. Hmmm...

Aye! Coffee here too! And i almost forgot music!

P.S - In the Court of the Crimson King, is a fine album =)

J'adore aussi le sexe et les snuff movies

Je trouve que ce sont des purs moments de vie

Je ne me reconnais plus dans les gens

Je suis juste un cas désespérant

Et comme personne ne viendra me réclamer

Je terminerai comme un objet retrouvé

I will be honest, I have a nicotine addiction. I've tried quitting, but it does no good. I think I've tried 3 times in all. I should try again though, but not until I'm out of this house... there's 3 smokers total, and if I try to quit I will probably attempt to kill someone. It would not be pretty.

I can also honestly say I am addicted to video games/internet. I don't mean just RS, I mean all kinds of games. It's really not a good thing. But gaming is so fun. I don't do it 24/7 mind you, just most of my time in my house, with the exception of the time I'm sleeping, I'm playing some kind of game.

cigarettes... very addicting

During serious pissed-offness/pure hate, cigarettes work wonders. Talking about a matter of seconds/minutes to diminish a murderous rage. Must be some chemical compounds in the cigs..

Hate to advocate them even partially, but that's the way it is. I never smoke otherwise or casually, though.

ya, it's called tar, the stuff they put on roads....

Steam | PM me for BBM PIN

Nine naked men is a technological achievement. Quote of 2013.

PCGamingWiki - Let's fix PC gaming!

cigarettes... very addicting

During serious pissed-offness/pure hate, cigarettes work wonders. Talking about a matter of seconds/minutes to diminish a murderous rage. Must be some chemical compounds in the cigs..

Hate to advocate them even partially, but that's the way it is. I never smoke otherwise or casually, though.

ya, it's called tar, the stuff they put on roads....

Or, you know, nicotine.

whalenuke.png

Command the Murderous Chalices! Drink ye harpooners! drink and swear, ye men that man the deathful whaleboat's bow- Death to Moby Dick!

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

angel2w.gif

Probably coffee/caffeine. But actually, probably not, but I still love both. Whenever I have a cup I feel inclined to finish the whole thing, even if I've grown sick of the taste. Probably more for a personal gain, a feeling that I must finish it to strengthen character, even though I don't like the taste currently because I've drank so much.

Also, I stay up pretty late when I can and usually my sleep schedule suffers and I end up not sleeping much. Oh well.

I live off sweet tea and tobacco.

So those are my only real addictions, everything else I could get by without (TV, computer)

Jusaplaya.png

"We herd sheep, we drive cattle, we lead people. Lead me, follow me, or get out of my way."

-Gen. George S. Patton

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you're trying to give up smoking in a house full of 3 smokers, chances are in favour of you not quitting. Those other people will either have to attempt to give up with you or remove yourself from them.

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

Runescape really does dwell on the addiction formula more so than any other MMORPG I've seen. I mean, answer me this (to those who still play this game):

When you are doing something, like tradeskilling or leveling, do you activly pay attention to your game?

I'd be willing to bet that most who play the game have a ton of different forums opened and just switch back to RS to make sure they don't log out or to switch trees (or whatever). Half of the time there is no reason to even play the game if you're just browsing online anyways, but you feel compelled to need to level your little dude.

At least in other MMOs (Who still can grab those with addictive personalities) you pay a bit more attention to the content.

That's 'cause Runescape is about being better than everyone else, not about being skillful or having fun :o.

well for me its fun until you get lower levels in very rich gear killing and abusing you. then it becomes competative for me. (i sucked at money making anyway)

i'd say my addiction is Coke. the drink that is. just the sweet bubbly coolness from it. -faints.-

at 17, i actully cant stand alot of sweets. i've never been a real sweet-eater in my life for some reason.

Popoto.~<3

Nothing really I'm addicted to that I want to quit.

Coca-Cola, RS, Internet, Ps2 (too poor for ps3), txting, music...

All things myou could say I'm addicted to, but I don't want to quit.

Oh and those cookies from the schools canteen....

Doomy edit: I like sheep

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but if you're trying to give up smoking in a house full of 3 smokers, chances are in favour of you not quitting. Those other people will either have to attempt to give up with you or remove yourself from them.

This is why I'm gonna wait until me and my fiance get our own place again, and the two of us will (hopefully) attempt quitting again together. It's mainly because I know for a fact that me and my mother trying to quit at the same time will end up starting WW3.

I can't say I'm addicted to anything... I try my best to avoid patterns that can lead to addiction. For example, I'll have coffee every so often, but not daily, as I don't want to get addicted to caffeine. They say if you can go three days without something, you're not addicted, and I'm pretty sure there's nothing I can't live without for three days except for the essentials like food, water, oxygen, and sleep. I try to keep myself in check as I see addiction as a very undesirable personality trait... Versatility is key.

peterstretchfn5.gif

This is why I'm gonna wait until me and my fiance get our own place again, and the two of us will (hopefully) attempt quitting again together. It's mainly because I know for a fact that me and my mother trying to quit at the same time will end up starting WW3.

Haha good point I hope you make it. I managed to quit in the same house as another smoker but thankfully I had only smoked for about 2 years so it wasn't a big deal. My mum is giving up smoking at the moment, the doctor basically said stop smoking or you won't be around long enough to spend time with your grand child. She's been smoking for over 25 years and hasn't had one in about 4 weeks =D> It is WW3 but completely worth it in the end :lol:

igoddessIsig.png

The only people who tell you that you can't do something are those who have already given up on their own dreams so feel the need to discourage yours.

I've never really seen what's so addicting about smoking cigarettes. I've been smoking them for a while but many because one cigarette is all it takes for me to relax and forget about all the [cabbage] that's bothering me. Also being relaxed helps me a lot when I skate. Plus I hear people going "omg the nicotine buzz is amazing".. But I've never felt it..

I'm addicted to white-flour tortillas (I think there are different types of flour. Dunno). I pretty much have to eat two piping-hot tortillas a day. If I don't, I get angry.

And you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

catch it now so you can like it before it went so mainstream

I've never really seen what's so addicting about smoking cigarettes. I've been smoking them for a while but many because one cigarette is all it takes for me to relax and forget about all the [cabbage] that's bothering me. Also being relaxed helps me a lot when I skate. Plus I hear people going "omg the nicotine buzz is amazing".. But I've never felt it..

Count yourself lucky and I hope it doesn't become addicting for you in the future. One to relax me is how it started off. Obviously it is addictive, there's no need for sources to even prove that point. There are better ways of relaxing too but that's your decision.

igoddessIsig.png

Count yourself lucky and I hope it doesn't become addicting for you in the future. One to relax me is how it started off. Obviously it is addictive, there's no need for sources to even prove that point. There are better ways of relaxing too but that's your decision.

Yeah, I know there are better ways of relaxing but all my ways seem to be a little harsh on the body :P Also I can't smoke around the house because 1. my parents are huge on anti-smoking and 2. my mom is allergic to cigarette smoke. Ah well, here's to hoping I don't become addicted :) Cheers

Yeah, I know there are better ways of relaxing but all my ways seem to be a little harsh on the body

I don't even want to know what kind of stuff you're referring to :shock: . So anyways, try stuff like yoga. Or what I do is figure out what's bothering me and either resolve or ignore and then try to look at the bright side.

76th to reach 99 Construction on 6th of February 2007

379th to reach 99 Runecrafting on 4th of November 2007

BlueSig6.jpg

Finally the secrets of goal achieving are revealed! (give my guide a read :^_^: )

Yeah, I know there are better ways of relaxing but all my ways seem to be a little harsh on the body

I don't even want to know what kind of stuff you're referring to :shock: . So anyways, try stuff like yoga. Or what I do is figure out what's bothering me and either resolve or ignore and then try to look at the bright side.

Marijuana, alcohol, and violet sex. No no, scratch the last one :lol: